1.    #381  
    Version Update to 0.7.9!

Changes
    • Transaction description autosuggest
    • Added Default account launching
    • Fixed deleted items appearing again
    • Percent complete note on transaction screen
    • Fixed transaction screen's loading issue for tons of records
    • Fixed import not loading all transaction into database for tons of records
    • Fixed export not outputting all transactions for tons of records
    • On first install, system updates to latest version properly

Note, some scenes may be a little slower in loading, this is to fix a bug that occurred when there were a lot of records. This will be fixed in future version when I have some more free time.

Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    Minor quibble - the block of gray on main screen of accounts not in grand total looks really clunky.
    I just realized what you meant. I'm going to change that in the next update. I don't like the look of masked accounts either and it was supposed to be a quick fix.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thanks again for all the hard work... I feel stupid but I just figued out how to change the icons. haha. That is a great touch...

There is one thing I noticed. Its not a big thing, but your "balance calculations" checks are not account associated. I like the option to have one account add in uncleared but another account not to add it. For example, Acct1 I want to add in Uncleared to balance. Acct2 I want it to add only cleared. Same thing for future.

I'm not sure how other people feel but this is just something I would like to see because of the nature of my accounts.
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    There is one thing I noticed. Its not a big thing, but your "balance calculations" checks are not account associated. I like the option to have one account add in uncleared but another account not to add it. For example, Acct1 I want to add in Uncleared to balance. Acct2 I want it to add only cleared. Same thing for future.

I'm not sure how other people feel but this is just something I would like to see because of the nature of my accounts.
    That may be implemented in a future version. I plan to have better views of balance though. You'll have a running balance and be able to switch the total balance at the top of the screen.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    That may be implemented in a future version. I plan to have better views of balance though. You'll have a running balance and be able to switch the total balance at the top of the screen.
    That works too. This change will probable make it easier on the back end for you, then my suggestion.
    I found a bug. If you set a default account, the pin lock gets bypassed and goes straight to the account the next time you go into Checkbook. If you don't assign a default account, the pin lock works again as normal. Otherwise, great app. Just keeps getting better and better.
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai mike View Post
    I found a bug. If you set a default account, the pin lock gets bypassed and goes straight to the account the next time you go into Checkbook. If you don't assign a default account, the pin lock works again as normal. Otherwise, great app. Just keeps getting better and better.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it.

V0.7.92 contains this fix. It will be uploaded in a moment
    Last edited by ryltar; 09/17/2009 at 09:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Is there a way the user can create user defined categories for transactions so as to graph them in a pie chart? e.g. gas, food, shopping etc. Or/and timeline bargraph so you can see trends?.. Probably a lot to ask but just wondering..
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave View Post
    Is there a way the user can create user defined categories for transactions so as to graph them in a pie chart? e.g. gas, food, shopping etc. Or/and timeline bargraph so you can see trends?.. Probably a lot to ask but just wondering..
    That is in the development queue. I have the DB structure already in the program, but I need time to work on the logic. So keep an eye out, it will be in here in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    Filter by account type? You mean on the primary screen? There isn't anything like that right now but if you provide the specifics of what you are looking for, I can work on adding it in. If you already have sorry. Just point me to the post... there are a few here.
    Evening, yes on the primary screen. For example if I wanted to see all accounts from Bank A with running balances for each account or see all checking balances from all bank

Bank a checking $1,000.00
    savings $500.00
    Loan $500.00

By the way this app just keeps getting better and better.
    I still can't export data, keeps saying that document could not be converted.
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    Same error message.
    One question about import/export. If I export the data to a spreadsheet, edit the spreadsheet, and re-import to my Pre, does it duplicate entries, or overwrite them?
    I haven't been able to export yet to see whether or not it does. I think it would duplicate them, I notice when I import data if I leave the information in the spreadsheet from the previous import it reimports it all.
    But I guess you could purge all and then re-import. That should work.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Not sure about the duplication stuff but I can tell you export does work. This may be a 'duh' thing for me to say butr make sure you have a google docs account open (which you must to have a login I suppose) and maybe it'd help to have a spreadsheet of some kind already in the account?
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    I understand the duh moment. But yes I have a google docs account, I can import fine but the export function generates the error.

Ah it works maybe it was an issue on google docs side. Exported with no error. Great app ryltar.

Ryltar have you been able to add the account type function for the export yet?
  17.    #398  
    I'll look into that, never had that happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by long_tall_texan View Post
    One question about import/export. If I export the data to a spreadsheet, edit the spreadsheet, and re-import to my Pre, does it duplicate entries, or overwrite them?
    It will currently duplicate them. I am working to change this so that the system would update what would be duplicates and insert the new items.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I understand the duh moment. But yes I have a google docs account, I can import fine but the export function generates the error.

Ah it works maybe it was an issue on google docs side. Exported with no error. Great app ryltar.

Ryltar have you been able to add the account type function for the export yet?
    It might be an issue on the google side, not 100% sure though. Could someone who has the error post the exact text? That way I can figure it out.

As to the export, it currently writes all the fields but the account category... somehow missed that one. I'll have an update shortly that will stop it from overwriting the fields on import.
    O have a goog docks account, the exact error you get from your program is "There has been an error: could not convert document"

I have tried opening a new spread sheet doc in google and that has had no effect.
  19.    #400  
    O have a goog docks account, the exact error you get from your program is "There has been an error: could not convert document"

I have tried opening a new spread sheet doc in google and that has had no effect.
    I've isolated the cause and am working to fix it now.