Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    It was change so that the entire description was visible when editing it but I can make that a preference.
    That would be great. I am sure some like it the new way, and some the old way. If it is possible to have it as a pref, perfect!
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by dd7293 View Post
    Something to think about as well... In regards to the purging, consolidating, exporting, &/or backing-up questions: How difficult would it be to make the category & account fields expandable & collapsible. So that when you tap on say the credit card category, your individual credit card accounts expand to show up. And then also to make individual transactions in accounts expand & collapse as well by the week or even the month. This so that you are not having to scroll through a bunch of individual transactions. You can tap on a certain time frame & the individual transactions for that period then expand out to view.
    That is an interesting idea. It could be done, would take some work, but it could be done. It would take some work, but I like the idea. I'm adding it to my feature list and hopefully it will be in a near future release
    Great app! I love that I can export right to google docs, that was so freakin genius! Each update it gets better and better. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I am excited to see this development, as I consider this one of my most important needs. I've been using SplashMoney via Classic, but would prefer a native program. What you've done so far is excellent, and I'll likely be donating soon.

When I enter my PIN code using the keyboard, the enter button does not work--I'm required to tap "Okay". Not a big deal, but could you add this function for the keyboard enter button?

Right now the sorting function is buried under at least four taps--can you make this simpler? Perhaps buttons at top of columns that manage this? Sorting by category (when categories are done) would be super useful to me too. On the screen it could be managed with icons to take up less real estate.

Anyway, thanks very much!
    Hey great app. Was wondering when we would be able to import Pocket Quicken tranactions and accounts. This would be a great addition and feature.
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I am excited to see this development, as I consider this one of my most important needs. I've been using SplashMoney via Classic, but would prefer a native program. What you've done so far is excellent, and I'll likely be donating soon.

When I enter my PIN code using the keyboard, the enter button does not work--I'm required to tap "Okay". Not a big deal, but could you add this function for the keyboard enter button?

Right now the sorting function is buried under at least four taps--can you make this simpler? Perhaps buttons at top of columns that manage this? Sorting by category (when categories are done) would be super useful to me too. On the screen it could be managed with icons to take up less real estate.

Anyway, thanks very much!
    I'll fix the bit with the enter key. I missed that also (when I missed the 0 button listener). I'm looking to make sorting simpler, but it will take a little bit of time due to other items I am working on to make the system run faster with large amounts of transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll7722 View Post
    Hey great app. Was wondering when we would be able to import Pocket Quicken tranactions and accounts. This would be a great addition and feature.
    I don't know how that system exports transactions or accounts. I'll look into it though.
    Is the time of the transaction really needed. It just seems like it takes up room with no real function.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet View Post
    Is the time of the transaction really needed. It just seems like it takes up room with no real function.

Thanks,
    Eric
    I agree I have never used time and I also find it kind of useless but it doesn't bother me if others are using it
    This app has been greatly improved. I notice when I quickly click on the topmost transaction that it opens up and wants to do a transfer (2nd Pic). When I click and pause a popup on the left say edit, delete, unclear transaction( 1st pic). Clicking on any other transaction opens the edit screen to make changes(3rd Pic).

Echo dkotoric1 remarks about anything in the ten thousands is hard to know balance due to the rounding and the $45.0K

Edit: If you click on edit transcation on the pop up it still goes to the transfer screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/12/2009 at 07:11 PM.
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I agree I have never used time and I also find it kind of useless but it doesn't bother me if others are using it
    I'll remove it for now. It was bothering me too. If a large number of people want it, I'll put an option in for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This app has been greatly improved. I notice when I quickly click on the topmost transaction that it opens up and wants to do a transfer (2nd Pic). When I click and pause a popup on the left say edit, delete, unclear transaction( 1st pic). Clicking on any other transaction opens the edit screen to make changes(3rd Pic).

Echo dkotoric1 remarks about anything in the ten thousands is hard to know balance due to the rounding and the $45.0K

Edit: If you click on edit transcation on the pop up it still goes to the transfer screen.
    I'm fixing those issues right now. I've also removed the 10k+ formatting. It will now only do the shortened formatting for over $1 million. I may remove that in the future once I get my dynamic sizing working properly.
    I really like the import export function. Is there any way that you can put the account type as well not just the name. If you have several accounts at one institution I notice it puts it all in one account type.

I have a savings, checking, and cd at one bank. I would love to be able to import and all transactions go to the respective account type not just the savings and then I have to go in and edit to move each one. Maybe when we setup the import under type we could add the account type and let it work its magic.

I figure it is time to donate now, this app is really worth it. I like the new layouts and icons as well. You are really making this a premier finance application.

Edit: Just donated, you have to really search for your donation link. I am used to a huge donate ballon.
  12.    #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I really like the import export function. Is there any way that you can put the account type as well not just the name. If you have several accounts at one institution I notice it puts it all in one account type.

I have a savings, checking, and cd at one bank. I would love to be able to import and all transactions go to the respective account type not just the savings and then I have to go in and edit to move each one. Maybe when we setup the import under type we could add the account type and let it work its magic.
    The current import system is not that 'smart'. It will check for a column called 'account' and use that to name the account that the row belongs to. If it cannot find that column it will use the name of the sheet as the account name. It cannot tell the difference between accounts with the same name. I may be able to add a category function to it, but it will take time. This probably won't make tomorrow's minor release. It will go on the ToDo list though.

As to the export, I can set it to export with the account category a lot easier. I think can set that up for the minor release that should come out tomorrow, if not it'll be in the next major release.
    Last edited by ryltar; 09/12/2009 at 11:50 PM.
  13.    #333  
    Checkbook v0.7.5: [09/12/2009]
    Change Log
    • Fixed 0 on keypad
    • Amounts less than 1 million show up completely
    • Fixed transfer value switching
    • Added ability to save Google Spreadsheets Login data (Information is only used by import/export function, no where else)
    • Option for transaction description to be single or multiline
    • Other annoying coding fixes

For some reason I wasn't able to get the enter key to submit for the PIN screen. I will make sure to get that in the next release. I will also be getting the import and export systems to use account categories (if not too crazy, shouldn't be) in the next release as well.

And don't worry, I am still working on the recurring transactions. I am just trying to figure out
    the best way to have the run without clogging up the DB or anything like that.

Update is going through moderator review. It will be up in the short near future.
    Last edited by ryltar; 09/13/2009 at 12:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I'll remove it for now. It was bothering me too. If a large number of people want it, I'll put an option in for it.
    Does 0.7.5 disable the transaction time? I'd hate to update and find it gone... While it seems average users may find it overkill, us professional accounting types may go nuts losing this, especially when it's already implemented. I'd much rather see it become an option than die.

An option to display a running balance would be very welcome too. Would suck up alot of screen real estate, so defaulting it to on might be crazy, but the missing functionality is nagging at me regularly.

Great app! Thanks!!
    Transaction time is still there.

Good job on the updates. Eagerly awaiting the category export.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Ryltar, this is a great app - thanks for all your hard work on this. I also would like to see an Import/Export feature that will work with Quicken? The Google spreadsheet is not compatable with Quicken. Thanks again.
    How do you save the login data for Import/Export? I enter it in when I export but it is gone when I go back into Export again.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Checkbook v0.7.5: [09/12/2009]
    [*] Option for transaction description to be single or multiline
    This is the one I asked about. Thanks! But... I installed the new one and don't see the option to force single line? Where is it hiding?
    Great job with the update and glad to see that transfer bug fixed . I am curious to see if you can add a custom category field and add a pie chart for the categories format that way you can get a quick glance at where your money is going.
  20.    #340  
    Just to let you know, the update didn't show up until later in the day. Something was slow with updating the IPK. It should be in v0.7.5 now. Saving login data in now done by marking the box with a checkbox and clicking submit on the import/export scenes. It is now saved until you uncheck the box and click submit. The description multiline option is in preferences.

The time item is removed but I'll drop a minor update this week with an option to display time or not. It may also contain an option for having a check number column... still trying to figure out the best way to display that.

As to a running balance on each transaction, it would be a little troublesome. I am going to put it on my list on the conditional that I can solve current speed issues and increase them. If I can't then the entire scene would have to reload when you make a change just to update the balance or something.

I am working on Recurring transactions and transaction categories and all the fun things that go with those. They won't appear just yet, but they are something I really want into this app.

Lastly, I don't know Quicken and I am limited right now to Google Spreadsheets. I don't know what format or filetype Quicken uses nor can I write a file to the Pre's internal memory. That is currently not allowed by the system APIs as I understand them.