Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    ryaltar, if it makes any difference and if they are not necessarily linked, it'd be great if you could get EXPORT added sooner rather thasn later even if IMPORT doesn;'t come at the same time.

Export will provide a back-up function that will give peace of mind before going to WebOS 1.2. There's probably a way to save the DB somewhere, and I think I may have even read something you wrote on that...but export of transactions might also help with othyer things (I'd LOVE to find out I can import straight into my old-beloved MSMoney) Thanks again for my FavAPP.
    I can do that. The UI just needs to be finished and it won't take long (hopefully). Keep an eye out for it in the next couple days.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Love this App! Love that you can do transfers between the accounts you create! Really glad to have this app!
    Is anyone having trouble sorting the transactions? I want the newest transactions on the bottom so i don't have scroll up.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    this app is great!!! i hated carrying around a paper register, now i can do it on my device and have it secured. Thanks!!!!
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmaNu1684 View Post
    Is anyone having trouble sorting the transactions? I want the newest transactions on the bottom so i don't have scroll up.
    Scrolling is a little wonky in the current version. I've changed it in the version that will be released today or tomorrow (depending on if I finish my homework anytime soon or not).
    First of all thanks for the great apps. This is one of the apps I needed to stop using classic. I have a couple of requests.

1. Search feature - It would be nice to just be able to start typing and find a transaction.

2. Autofill - When adding transactions that you have entered at least 2 or 3 times it would be nice to have an autofill.

Thanks,
    Eric
  7.    #287  
    Version update! Checkbook is 0.7.0 now. Recurring transaction are not included in this release due to me being sick as a dog and unable to fix a few bugs in it.

WARNING: Currently Checkbook can be slow when loading the transaction scene or coming back to it. This is being worked on. You can expect slow downs when you have more than a thousand transactions in an account. I am working on fixing this, but for now just be careful of what you put it. I should have a fix for this in a week.

Here is the change list as I can remember it:
    • Progress indicator added to several pages
    • Account type icons
      • Account locked icon
    • Category changes will follow through to accounts
    • Seemed to fix 24 hour bug
    • Auto-scrolling functions better (still not 100% clear though, working on this)
    • Deleting an account no longer deletes all linked transactions; these become stand alone transactions
    • Able to change the order of account categories (under account preferences)
    • Able to clear transactions by tapping checkbox
    • Able to import finances from Google Spreadsheets
    • Able to export finances to Goolge Spreadsheets
    • Able to delete all transactions in an account (doesn't delete account)
    • Transactions page redesigned
    • Add/Edit account page redesigned
    • Add/Edit transaction page redesigned
    • PIN Code Pad
    • Add PIN lock to individual accounts

Please let me know of any bugs you encounter. I've tried testing this and I think I got most of them.
    Wow just wow, this is by far the biggest update, I mean common this is awsome, I just wish you added the ability to click on the amount on top so that it will display cleared or non cleared balance.

Also I think this is about the right time to submit this app to the app store. Simply amazing. I can't believe how far you've gotten withthis. BY FAR MY FAVORITE APP.
    Last edited by dkotoric; 09/10/2009 at 03:22 PM.
  9.    #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Wow just wow, this is by far the biggest update, I mean common this is awsome, I just wish you added the ability to click on the amount on top so that it will display cleared or non cleared balance.
    The feature is in the works. I've got the pseudo code designed, it is hopefully going to appear along with recurring transactions.
    Wow! This app has really come a long way! Kudos!!!

Love the new look, features, etc. The only thing that is keeping me from replacing SplashMoney (Classic) with Checkbook is "Scheduled Transactions". I setup a ton of weekly, monthly and yearly transactions.

Any idea if that could be implemented? Would gladly donate, if I could have the ability to schedule transactions! It's the only thing holding me back from using it full time right now.
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    Wow! This app has really come a long way! Kudos!!!

Love the new look, features, etc. The only thing that is keeping me from replacing SplashMoney (Classic) with Checkbook is "Scheduled Transactions". I setup a ton of weekly, monthly and yearly transactions.
    Scheduled or Recurring transactions are on the way. They are going to be in the next version. I would have had them in this one but I had a few large bugs that showed up and are still bothering me a bit (ie the slow transactions screen with lots of transactions) and I caught the flu.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Yes, that would be good instead of having the Balance Calculation options in Preferences, it could be available by clicking the amount. "Add in uncleared" and "Add in Future" ..with a checkbox for each. Changes take effect immediately.

I'm not sure I like the alternating background color on each transaction.. maybe it just takes time to get used to. But I'm not sure its necessary since the screen is so small, it wasn't difficult to read in the first place. Before it was great with all white background and the description text changed color depending on if it was a future transaction, cleared transaction, or uncleared.

I do like the checkbox next to each item to clear or unclear. And the new icons. Haven't had a chance to play with the rest yet.
    Very nice work ryltar. By far my favorite and most used application on the Pre.
    Thanks
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Ryltar one major issue for me with the update is if I owe lets say for my car $15532.32 ur app now displays that I owe 15.5k and there is no way to find out the exact balance.
  15.    #295  
    Ryltar one major issue for me with the update is if I owe lets say for my car $15532.32 ur app now displays that I owe 15.5k and there is no way to find out the exact balance.
    That is currently just a stopgap measure while I worked on setting up the new style and I forgot to remove it. It'll be gone in the next update. Sorry about that.
    Great app & Great update! One bug with pin code pad doesn't seem to register when you press the 0 button. Thanks again for great update.
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Great app & Great update! One bug with pin code pad doesn't seem to register when you press the 0 button. Thanks again for great update.
    Oops... someone forgot to register and event listener >.<
    Also just want let you know under the about section you list the version number as .61 instead of .70
    Thanks a bunch for this app. Customer support is great, sent an email about a month ago and was responded to very quickly. I wish I had realized there were updates happening lol. I was still using the first version. The update looks and works great! Will be looking forward to having the cleared and balance working better, sounds like you're going to fix it next update! Again THANKS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Getting same issue. Physical keyboard number pad works, but not the number "0" in virtual keypad.

great app!!! Thanks!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!