Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Hey Ryltar just thought of a suggestion I know you added the password addition but it would be nice if a screen poped up with the dialpad so you don't have to slide open the pre. Just like the locking for the it self works.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Ryaltar, I'd love my Pre even if this was the only app on it. I was going to reply to the private message where I said I could not remember if I sent the donation. It may not be associated with my screen name but I hope it is enough to keep you working :-) Thanks,Dave.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    You probably haven't heard of clearcheckbook.com; that's where I'm entrenched for account balancing. I don't know if you're interested, but they have a feature called "checkbot" that works over IM and sms that you might be able to integrate? I don't think their user base is all that big, so there might not be much overlap with the pre, but it's something you could check out if you want to
    Ok I am not sure where this feature is now, but how do you do the initial balance?
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Ryaltar, I'd love my Pre even if this was the only app on it. I was going to reply to the private message where I said I could not remember if I sent the donation. It may not be associated with my screen name but I hope it is enough to keep you working :-) Thanks,Dave.
    Thanks And thanks to everyone who sends one. It makes it so I can spend a little less time at work and a little more time on the application.

Quote Originally Posted by Superllama7 View Post
    You probably haven't heard of clearcheckbook.com; that's where I'm entrenched for account balancing. I don't know if you're interested, but they have a feature called "checkbot" that works over IM and sms that you might be able to integrate? I don't think their user base is all that big, so there might not be much overlap with the pre, but it's something you could check out if you want to
    I haven't heard of that before, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Ok I am not sure where this feature is now, but how do you do the initial balance?
    There is nothing set up for this currently. Just add an Income or Expense transaction with the value you want.
    My phone preference for the clock is set for 24 hour. When the time of a transaction is manually set to have ocurred in the 12 pm hour and saved, it then appears to have happened in the 0 hour/12am. I then switched my phone to 12 hour format, and the 12 pm times show as 0 pm.
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    My phone preference for the clock is set for 24 hour. When the time of a transaction is manually set to have ocurred in the 12 pm hour and saved, it then appears to have happened in the 0 hour/12am. I then switched my phone to 12 hour format, and the 12 pm times show as 0 pm.
    Huh... I'll take a look at that, thanks for the report.
    I'm trying to change setting of my checkbook to make it so it sorts by [Date] Oldest first and its not working...

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

please advise.
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by micahsanders View Post
    I'm trying to change setting of my checkbook to make it so it sorts by [Date] Oldest first and its not working...

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

please advise.
    This is a partial bug. The sorting should change, but the program will auto-scroll to the wrong end of the list. It will be fixed in the next version.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hey I love the App... Key things I'm looking for now are the export features or sync features. This is key for me. I manage not just my personal accounts but a business account as well. Since I'm on the move I would like to stop carrying my PPC-6700 as a PDA. haha

But all is good. keep up the work.
  11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    Hey I love the App... Key things I'm looking for now are the export features or sync features. This is key for me. I manage not just my personal accounts but a business account as well. Since I'm on the move I would like to stop carrying my PPC-6700 as a PDA. haha

But all is good. keep up the work.
    Those are being worked on right now. I am writing the data processor to import export files now. This will use Google Spreadsheets for the time being because that will allow you, the user, to save the exported document in any format you want to.
    ryltar, I was wondering if this app in the future is going to have have the capability to keep track of bills and other expenses like a mobile version of Microsoft money or Quicken.

Another GREAT feature would be the bills being synced up to the pre calender.

just some ideas...
  13.    #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by micahsanders View Post
    ryltar, I was wondering if this app in the future is going to have have the capability to keep track of bills and other expenses like a mobile version of Microsoft money or Quicken.

Another GREAT feature would be the bills being synced up to the pre calender.

just some ideas...
    I plan to make it so that recurring transactions and future transactions would be on your calendar (preference setting). I am still looking into bills and the like.

I am not sure on the bills section. I might only be able to make it inform the user if they have a bill due soon or have a value-less transaction type entry for the bill payment... I still have to design that section. Bills, Budgets, and Spending Graphs will probably not make it into the 1.0 release. I really want to have them in my program though. I think they would be awesome.

I am currently getting the Import/Export system and the Recurring transaction system up and running along with several functional and graphical changes to better fit the feel of the Pre's webOS. This release will pretty much be ready to go once I get my interface to my web server running properly (I would have it ready now, but my server doesn't work with the Google provided API system that uses Zend, so I am having to write my own). The interface will allow you, the user, to import a transaction database from Google Spreadsheets and will also allow you to export it there as well. I am looking into adding a periodic backup function to the export system for those of you that need to periodically submit your finances to a system or are just more paranoid that I
    sweet ryltar, can't wait for this update, do you have a eta yet.
  15.    #255  
    As much as I wish I could give you one, I don't know. For the past several weekends I been busy taking care of a friend who just had surgery so I wasn't able to develop much. This weekend I don't have anything planned so it could be ready as soon as the 1st. Don't take that as a promise though! I have to get back into writing PHP (been stuck with ColdFusion for the past few years with work). Once I get the server interface functional, I will have to write up some more code to convert the data I get from google into something my program can process and vice versa.

So if I have the time this weekend, I'd give it about 72% chance of being available on the 1st. If I don't then maybe a week or two after that sadly. If I wasn't paying my own way through college I'd be able to have it done sooner but 16 hours of classes (plus double that studying) and 20-40 hours of work a week really don't leave too much time.
    I've been playing with this for the last few weeks, and it's a good start. The must-have app on my old Mogul was KEEPTRACK and what I miss from that was the ability to quickly justify the month end (total deposits, balance at statement close, total spent), then remove the cleared items all at once, retaining the total of course.

Being able to go down the list of entries and put a check mark on the cleared ones without having to navigate submenus or popups would make it function smoother.

I'm liking it so far and can't wait to see how it evolves...
  17.    #257  
    Just a progress report on the current update: It will not be this week. While building the import system, I came across several issues in how I currently process transactions. I have to rewrite these before I can finish off the import system. So the next version will not be released this week. With luck, it will be soon because it has some nice new features.
    HELP!

I have a new Pre, tried reinstalling my db for checkbook by copying to the app storage folder but it won't show on my app!

Hope someone can help. Has someone done a successful install?

THanks!
    I have not tried it but I would think you would first need to install the checkbook program and open it up so it creates a blank database. Then using USB mode copy your old database to over write the blank one that the new install created. That should work. Give it a try and let us know.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have not tried it but I would think you would first need to install the checkbook program and open it up so it creates a blank database. Then using USB mode copy your old database to over write the blank one that the new install created. That should work. Give it a try and let us know.
    that's what i did and it didnt work