Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    This is a great app, but is there any chance of adding a feature where if the payee has been used before, when you start to use the same payee again it will auto-suggest the payee? For example, if I had already made a payment to Chase, the next time when I type Ch it could suggest Chase?
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    This is a great app, but is there any chance of adding a feature where if the payee has been used before, when you start to use the same payee again it will auto-suggest the payee? For example, if I had already made a payment to Chase, the next time when I type Ch it could suggest Chase?
    That is on my feature to do list. I would love to implement it, but I am first working on Import/Export so I can create a large test DB to start some heavy duty error testing.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I'd like to see an option to include an extra column for a running balance next to each transaction amount.
    Thanks Ryltar It is a great app
    I was wondering Are you who developed before Checkbook app for Palm OS ?
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    I'd like to see an option to include an extra column for a running balance next to each transaction amount.
    The only issue I run into with that is the description get rather small, but I'll look into something.

Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Thanks Ryltar It is a great app
    I was wondering Are you who developed before Checkbook app for Palm OS ?
    That wasn't me. This is my first public app I've made for any OS. I've made websites before.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Working great with the new cleared transactions features. Thank you!
    Ryltar, just thought maybe you should consider renaming the app to something else cause if you want to release it in the official app store at one point I don't know if there would be a legal binder to the name as Checkbook has been built before for Windows Mobile and PalmOS. Something to look into at least.
    Keep up the awesome work, Ryltar!
  9.    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Ryltar, just thought maybe you should consider renaming the app to something else cause if you want to release it in the official app store at one point I don't know if there would be a legal binder to the name as Checkbook has been built before for Windows Mobile and PalmOS. Something to look into at least.
    Good idea. Since I cannot think of any good names off the top of my head, I will be taking suggestions. Think of it as a sort of a contest where the winner decides the name of this application. You can find the entry form here. This contest will run until I release the next version of the application. At that time the winner will be announced along with the new application name.
    Awesome APP.
    1 suggestion that would make this a fully functional Secure APP is

Adding Password Protected file function, ability to list accounts with built in PW protection similar to Password plus.

A place in the App that allows user to store account info even non bank account info Log-in info, contact info, ect..
    and then when entering daily data just using the Name of the account .

Just a thought.

Thanks for the great App
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    The only issue I run into with that is the description get rather small, but I'll look into something.
    I'd prefer that the description simply gets truncated, rather than making the font any smaller. That's what SplashMoney does on my Palm TX. Most of the time it's still obvious what the full description is, and you can just go to the detail screen if needed.

Even less of an issue if you include a landscape mode!
    Last edited by Larson; 08/17/2009 at 02:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I just upgraded from 5.92 to 6.0.

Got a little freaked-out when my balances were all suddenly WRONG!

Took me a minute to figure out that, when I upgraded...for some reason...the Preference to "Add in Uncleared" became unchecked. All other settings/data carried over from previous installation.

I just installed 6.0 over top of 5.92 using fileCoaster.
    Suggest you keep the concept and just add pre in front of Checkbook for preCheckbook. Great program. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ledunn View Post
    Suggest you keep the concept and just add pre in front of Checkbook for preCheckbook. Great program. Thanks
    Preledger
  15.    #235  
    The thing with adding pre(something) is Palm recommends against it.

Quote Originally Posted by http://developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1791
    Resist the Urge to Merge

Resist the urge to combine the name of a Palm device with the name of your app. Donít use the following:
    • PreFlight
    • BornPre
    • PreSim
    People have also stated they didn't like the name Pre(whatever) because when you do universal search, typing in pre you get a huge list of apps.
    It would be nice if we could duplicate paycheck and revolving expenses
    I've noticed that if I clear a txfr it somehow messes the transaction up.

For instance I do the following:

Moved $200 from Checking to Savings

In savings if I clear the transaction after its posted, it flips the from/to accounts and messes up the register. (making the transaction a withdraw instead of a deposit)
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    First off I want to say this is a great app. My biggest worry when switching to a Pre was finding an app that does what this one does.

I do have a suggestion though. When I had my G1 I used a checkbook app called loot. One feature I absolutely loved about it was the ability to backup/export my checkbook info to a file and restore/import the info from the file. This made it very nice for when I needed to wipe my phone clean (happens more than you think it would), I would just copy that file to my PC and then copy it back after the wipe and restore.

Would it be possible to add something like this?

Keep up the great work.
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenadas View Post
    I've noticed that if I clear a txfr it somehow messes the transaction up.

For instance I do the following:

Moved $200 from Checking to Savings

In savings if I clear the transaction after its posted, it flips the from/to accounts and messes up the register. (making the transaction a withdraw instead of a deposit)
    This is a known bug, I am working it out. Sorry for the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by keenish27 View Post
    First off I want to say this is a great app. My biggest worry when switching to a Pre was finding an app that does what this one does.

I do have a suggestion though. When I had my G1 I used a checkbook app called loot. One feature I absolutely loved about it was the ability to backup/export my checkbook info to a file and restore/import the info from the file. This made it very nice for when I needed to wipe my phone clean (happens more than you think it would), I would just copy that file to my PC and then copy it back after the wipe and restore.

Would it be possible to add something like this?

Keep up the great work.
    I am currently working on that feature.

Also, as a general note; Checkbook requires that you are using webOS 1.1.0 or higher. If you are note currently doing so, please update your Pre. This will cause you to loose all your data because of how the Pre handles data storage changes with 1.1.0.