Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    The categories are a must-have. This is a TERRIFIC start to this app..let me add my thanks!

I have another suggestion for you that would put this app over the top. (And I will happily pay for it)

If you could write a conduit that uses direct connect, we could download our transactions over the air from most banks. At that point, I envision the app matching up transactions to categories for ones that it knows, and then you can assign your categories if necessary then or later on to the transactions that the device doesn't know.

This would give us the ability to basically have an online link to our accounts in real time. With the category option at tax time it would be super easy to get the totals for the year for your various categories.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    The categories are a must-have. This is a TERRIFIC start to this app..let me add my thanks!

I have another suggestion for you that would put this app over the top. (And I will happily pay for it)

If you could write a conduit that uses direct connect, we could download our transactions over the air from most banks. At that point, I envision the app matching up transactions to categories for ones that it knows, and then you can assign your categories if necessary then or later on to the transactions that the device doesn't know.

This would give us the ability to basically have an online link to our accounts in real time. With the category option at tax time it would be super easy to get the totals for the year for your various categories.
    That is part of my perfect dream for this application. Hopefully it will be realized.

Also, I am currently working on slight update to the Clearing system. I'll have that up in the short future.

Lastly I am heading to PreDevCamp Kansas City. If any of you are there, make sure to say hi. I'll be wearing my LED Name Badge
    Hi --

Thanks for the great app! One suggestion I had was to add a field to the expense screen, which would be like the "Ref" field in pocket quicken. That's where you would enter the check #, ATM, or whatever. Right now I'm using the notes field to record check numbers, but those don't show up in the main register screen, and I'd like to see check numbers there.

Thanks again!
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    So I really love this app but I had one comment. I seen to notice that when balancing my checkbook I tend to look and my bills and plans future payments. I have tryed entering my bills in the app under "Other" so that I could see what my balance would be after all my bills were paid. However the total account balance is affected when I enter the full amount of an account which I plan on slowly pay-off on a monthly bases. I also may choose different amounts per month.

Would it be possible to included a section in the app for bills that would be calculated seperatly and not affect total cash balance?

Example:

Checkings: $500
    Savings: $100
    Credit Card Balance: ($1500)

Balance: ($900)

However payments to Credit Card would be $100. Meaning total balance could show $500
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Is there a way that we can not have the Savings amount added to the Accounts Total?
    i like to know what is in there, but it is in an Online account and have not Real Access to the amount. i tried the program when it first came out and though i dont need it. 2 days ago i got it and i love it, and plan on using it.

thanks..
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thank great app
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Wanted to say Thanks for all the work you have put into this app. And considering it is a work in progress, it has none-the-less, been a very useful app for me. I have used it on a daily basis & look forward to your progress.

I have encountered a couple issues (bugs) thus far....

-locking an account via preferences removes the option to add any new transactions which is a nice feature, however, it doesn't lock the individual transactions already in the account from being edited. I would imagine that a lock function should completely close out the account to any & all changes. Just a thought?

-The ability to transfer a transaction from one account to another has also been a very useful feature for me too. However, I've found that when you do a transfer and subsequently go back to the receiving account to view and/or edit that particular transaction, it reverses the amount in both accounts. It basically reverses the transfer but just when viewing/editing from the receiving account. It doesn't happen when you view/edit from the originating transaction.

I figure if I can post about issues I've found, I'm also good enough to donate to the cause. Look for it via paypal. Thanks again. Great app!
    Added link in Opening Post for Homebrew Gallery:

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Checkbook

- Craig
    This is a great app! Thank you for this amazing app. I like to be kept up to date with my finances and this has helped out a bunch. Another app of the list for my iPod touch disconnect. I do have a suggestion though. At the beginning of the month I like to sit down and input all my bills/payments so I can see what I have left for spending money. I go into the checkbook to balance the account and go to my calendar and make the appointments so it will alert me that this bill is due today. I'm wondering if you can make it like Flixster and give us the option to add the entry as a calendar event. That would save up some time on skipping the calendar portion. Thanks again and good luck with the continued updates
    Any news on a update for this app
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Suggestion: If only one account the app automatically opens that account without having to tap it. Or ability to select a default account if the user has multiple accounts. The default account will open automatically (without the need to tap) when the app is first opened.
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    At the beginning of the month I like to sit down and input all my bills/payments so I can see what I have left for spending money. I go into the checkbook to balance the account and go to my calendar and make the appointments so it will alert me that this bill is due today. I'm wondering if you can make it like Flixster and give us the option to add the entry as a calendar event. That would save up some time on skipping the calendar portion. Thanks again and good luck with the continued updates
    That is a good idea. I'll add it to the list. I was already planning something like this for recurring transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Suggestion: If only one account the app automatically opens that account without having to tap it. Or ability to select a default account if the user has multiple accounts. The default account will open automatically (without the need to tap) when the app is first opened.
    Thanks for the suggestion, that is now in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Any news on a update for this app
    An update is on the way, it is just being delayed by the fact that the semester starts soon. So I don't have too much free time to develop because most of it is being spent getting everything ready and finishing off the major summer work projects.
    Just wanted to say Great App!! Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryltar View Post
    The storage scheme should be doing that automatically according to the palm documentation since I am using the command openDatabase( "ext:checkbookData" ) to open the DB.
    WHere is this database located so i can back it up? the ability to backup is the main reason why i havent started depending on this for my daily accounting needs.

THanks!
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    WHere is this database located so i can back it up? the ability to backup is the main reason why i havent started depending on this for my daily accounting needs.
    Right now the DB is stored in /media/internal/.app-storage/checkbook I believe. /media/internal is the folder you see when you connect your Pre to a computer in Media Mode. Look in the .app-storage folder for something with Checkbook in the name and open that folder. In that folder, there will be a .db file. You can copy this to your computer to back up your data for now.

I'm currently working on an update that will allow you to import or export a spreadsheet file from Google Documents. This should keep your data pretty secure, but you can delete files after you send them to the Pre or after you copy them to your hard drive.
    I'll look into that.

And the icon is thanks to remix2000 and his post http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-requests.html

Thanks for the compliment on the icon. Ryltar. Thanks for using my icon I'm flattered. I love your app and use it everyday!
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Great App. I love it.
    The thing I miss most is the ability to create scheduled transactions and recurring transactions. This automation would make the app complete for me
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by mccmike View Post
    Great App. I love it.
    The thing I miss most is the ability to create scheduled transactions and recurring transactions. This automation would make the app complete for me
    Recurring transactions are currently under construction. You can set transactions for future dates already. Just tap the button with the Date/Time on it and set the date and time you want the transaction to occur.
    Right now the DB is stored in /media/internal/.app-storage/checkbook I believe. /media/internal is the folder you see when you connect your Pre to a computer in Media Mode. Look in the .app-storage folder for something with Checkbook in the name and open that folder. In that folder, there will be a .db file. You can copy this to your computer to back up your data for now.

I'm currently working on an update that will allow you to import or export a spreadsheet file from Google Documents. This should keep your data pretty secure, but you can delete files after you send them to the Pre or after you copy them to your hard drive.
    That will be a very welcome update. I have almost forgotten what Pocket Quicken is!
    This seems like an absolute must-have app. Thanks for creating it. I plan on putting it to good use. If I have questions, I'll definitely be back.