Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Hey guys, this is on my list of to dos. It's not that it is a difficult task for me. I just want to get my next version out there. Then the easy distribution/installation would be the next step. Thanks for your support and interest!
    Awesome...can't w8 to use ur app soon without rooting!!!
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Awesome...can't w8 to use ur app soon without rooting!!!
    Continue to monitor this thread. I'll announce it here.
    Thanks for the app, Rick! I reinstalled it last night with the extra reboot and it works perfectly.

So, everyone, what sorts of things have you added as AutoCorrect entries? So far, I just have my most common login name for web sites. Any suggestions for clever uses of this powerful tool?
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    Thanks for the app, Rick! I reinstalled it last night with the extra reboot and it works perfectly.

So, everyone, what sorts of things have you added as AutoCorrect entries? So far, I just have my most common login name for web sites. Any suggestions for clever uses of this powerful tool?
    I use it for everyday shortcuts for words I use in my emails and (PreCentral) forum postings...

eml = email
    il = I'll
    comp = computer
    wdyt = what do you think
    etc...
  5.    #165  
    Just so people know, I have a solution for AutoCorrect Edit on phones that want to maintain the root filesystem being read-only. This will be implemented in this next release, which I'm testing now. Thanks all!
    Originally posted by acaplinger:
    Search Google and get a list of top 50 acronyms for texting. Then look at what type phrases would help you.
    cm- call me
    cul- See you later
    r- are
    ur-your
    omw- on my way
    wru- where are you.
    hv- have
    I use too many to list, but the great thing about this app is that you can add any acronym for phrases. It's all good.
    Haven't checked back in this thread for awhile and I must say... WOW! You sure have been taking it to the next step with working on no reboot needed and also installation without rooting!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    hey rhong...so when is this gonna be ready for webOS quick installer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm willing to offer any and all assistance to help get the ipks ready. It's much simpler than you'd think and is such a handy distribution format
    Just so people know, I have a solution for AutoCorrect Edit on phones that want to maintain the root filesystem being read-only. This will be implemented in this next release, which I'm testing now. Thanks all!
    rhong and Jason,

Thank you!

How is it going?

Can we help test the new webOS Quick Install method for AutoCorrect Edit?

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/25/2009 at 10:20 PM.
    Can't wait to play with this, I have so many words I have waiting to be entered into the database. Keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    rhong and Jason,

Thank you!

How is it going?

Can we help test the new webOS Quick Install method for AutoCorrect Edit?

- Craig
    rhong says his upcoming version will be compatible with WebOS Quick Install. I've giving him all relevant info.

I the meantime, I've created an installer app that will automatically download, install, and setup the current version of AutoCorrect Edit. Oh, and its WebOS Quick Install-compatible, so no rooting required

AutoCorrect Edit Installer

More info can be found here.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/27/2009 at 12:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    thanks for this. keep up the good work
    rhong says his upcoming version will be compatible with WebOS Quick Install. I've giving him all relevant info.

I the meantime, I've created an installer app that will automatically download, install, and setup the current version of AutoCorrect Edit. Oh, and its WebOS Quick Install-compatible, so no rooting required

AutoCorrect Edit Installer

More info can be found here.

Enjoy!
    i installed the latest one and its still not working
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i installed the latest one and its still not working
    Changes to the autocorrect dictionary only take after a reboot, keep that in mind; works for me that way
    Changes to the autocorrect dictionary only take after a reboot, keep that in mind; works for me that way
    w8 so let me get this str8....i install it via webOS quick install....then i open it and put the changes that i want...then i gotta reboot and it'll work?

edit: do i have to reboot everytime i add a change or modify something?
    jason....it still doesnt work after i did the reboot...wut am i doing wrong?
  17.    #177  
    Hi all, I'm back from a vacation. Working on this once again.

Jason Robitaille was gracious enough to create a version that works with WebOS Quick Install, but I haven't had the time to help him on it. It's currently installing to /var, which isn't how my app was intended to be installed, which might cause issues. We'll just have to work it out here if we want to use this install method.

The next version works well installing to /var, as I've tested it. This also makes it simple to uninstall through the Pre GUI as well (also tested). I'm packaging it up at this point, I can state that at this point. Sorry, It's hard for a developer to decide when to cut development so that everyone can enjoy the fruits of his labor, but I'm trying.

Thanks all.

Jason Robitaille was gracious enough to create a version that works with WebOS Quick Install, but I haven't had the time to help him on it. It's currently installing to /var, which isn't how my app was intended to be installed, which might cause issues. We'll just have to work it out here if we want to use this install method.

The next version works well installing to /var, as I've tested it. This also makes it simple to uninstall through the Pre GUI as well (also tested). I'm packaging it up at this point, I can state that at this point. Sorry, It's hard for a developer to decide when to cut development so that everyone can enjoy the fruits of his labor, but I'm trying.

Thanks all.
    so which version works...bc jason uploaded one couple posts above and it didnt work for me even after reboot...how does it work anyways?

Thanks all.
    FYI, after you PM'd me about the /var thing, I updated my ipk to install to /usr

Strangely, I too am now experiencing issues with modifying the autocorrect dictionary, lol
    FYI, after you PM'd me about the /var thing, I updated my ipk to install to /usr

Strangely, I too am now experiencing issues with modifying the autocorrect dictionary, lol
    so it isnt just me?
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast