Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by sugaman View Post
    Rennat, I'll take you up on that man. Needs some help getting this to work. I am a newbie but i want to take the plunge. Having problem getting the replacement file in. Just figued out how to get to the root of the pre, but dont know how to get the file in.
    Hey sugaman, I got your visitor message in my profile. All went well with your install? Please let us know. Thanks, and welcome to Pre Homebrew!
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by serqet View Post
    I too used the original php script and even though I rebooted/rescanned several times, the corrects didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled using these commands. I also made sure I had the file system set to read/write.

A full reboot this time after installation, and the app works. I'm also using the
    stop LunaSysMgr & start LunaSysMgr
    commands to do a soft reset instead of a full reboot.

This application is great! it takes the place of my missing "quicktexts" in the messaging app!
    Hi serqet, the current install script should uninstall and re-install the latest version.

When you say that you used the original (php) script, do you mean the seven-step process I had posted up originally? I haven't heard of many problems using the new simple one-liner install method, but if you had issues, I'd like to know so I can make updates to it.

The stop and start of LunaSysMgr will soon be available via a convenient app menu. So glad you're enjoying the app. What's quicktexts, please provide more details. I may put it in my keywords if it applies. Thanks.
    Originally posted by rhong:
    . . .What's quicktexts, please provide more details. I may put it in my keywords if it applies. . .
    Quicktexts was a tap option in the Treo and Centro message app that listed commonly used text phrases so that you didn't have to type them. You just tapped on the phrase.
    The phrases are:What's up? Let's meet; Check this out! Whatcha doing? Thanks; What do you think? On my way. Yes; You're the best! Call me. Good morning. Would you like to join me for a drink? Sorry I missed your call. You've gotta be here to enjoy this, etc.

It's much the same as the shortcut feature in palm, except you didn't have to remember anything, you just tapped the phrase. I think this is one of those things palm has to add to their message app so that we get back the feature we had with our Treos and Centros.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Quicktexts was a tap option in the Treo and Centro message app that listed commonly used text phrases so that you didn't have to type them. You just tapped on the phrase.
    The phrases are:What's up? Let's meet; Check this out! Whatcha doing? Thanks; What do you think? On my way. Yes; You're the best! Call me. Good morning. Would you like to join me for a drink? Sorry I missed your call. You've gotta be here to enjoy this, etc.

It's much the same as the shortcut feature in palm, except you didn't have to remember anything, you just tapped the phrase. I think this is one of those things palm has to add to their message app so that we get back the feature we had with our Treos and Centros.
    Ahh, I remember those. Well, with AutoCorrect Edit, we can have these quicktexts in all our apps now. I didn't use that feature much on the Treos, probably because I had Textras.

Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I love the app and can't wait for the new update with only a 45 second restart. This app is so fun, I'm coming up with acronyms just so that I can make a shortcut. Great work rhong!!!
    I plan on releasing the update this coming week. Thanks for your support. I feel super geeky sometimes when I'm doing testing on my application and get excited furiously looking around for possible shortcuts to add.
    No it didnt go well at all. If you can set up a time so that I can call you that would be great!!! PM me or even email me dosent matter. Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the Whinning!!! :-(
  6.    #126  
    No it didnt go well at all. If you can set up a time so that I can call you that would be great!!! PM me or even email me dosent matter. Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the Whinning!!! :-(
    Email me. I'll PM you my email address.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Howdy! I'm having some problems getting this to work. I know juuuust enough Linux to be dangerous (to my Pre... )

Ok, so I'm trying to install using the most recent version of instructions (the php script) by logging in via Wifi Putty, sudo -i, then mount -o remount,rw /
    Then copy-paste the wget.../bin/sh command, and get the following as the first few lines:

Removing old versions of AutoCorrect Edit
    /bin/sh: [org.webosinternals.services: not found
    Installing AutoCorrect Edit 1.0.0
    Connecting to www.rickhong.com (209.200.246.113:80)

Last line is that the installation finished, the program runs fine, says shortcuts have been deleted or added/modified appropriately, and then after reboot ("ctrl-alt-del", aka orange-sym-R), changes don't stick.

Does that second line have anything to do with it? I tried looking at the php page in a regular desktop browser, and saw the check for org.webosinternals.services, so I tried running the ipkg list command (out of curiosity), and got "org.webosinternals.services - 0.4 - WebOSInternals services."

So... I guess since it doesn't need to install "necessary org.webosinternals.services", that's not the problem? Or is it? This is about where my lack of knowledge catches up to me.

Appreciate any help, and of course, really appreciate the app, since I know I'll get it working eventually (with help).
    Rick, the changes arent staying? I rebooted and nada. Sorry to be a bug.
    Rick the app was super simple to install went very well and seems to be working smoothly without a hitch. i will play around with it some more but so far so good.

This takes me back my old samsung i500 (running palm os4) had a feature like the one this app provides. It rocks. Diffrence is that on the i500 I was able to go through the list of words and remove them as I choose. I dunno if that's even a possibility if so perhaps looking into it a bit
    Last edited by jack87; 08/03/2009 at 03:27 AM.
    so, do you have to enter your own words, or does it also add a more detailed list to the autoreplace file?
    Jtemple: I believe as of right now you have to add all the words yourself, rhong mentioned adding more detailed list to the file in future versions.

rhong:

I've really been digging the app, however there is one correction I'm having a problem with (because it involves a delimiter). Basically I was trying to replace two spaces with a period and then two spaces, however your app won't allow delimiters to be included.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    On my blackberry a double-space will be changed to a period-space-capitalization for new sentence. Is it possible to set this up with this app?

edit: sorry i posted it before reading the post directly above but still the question remains.
    Last edited by sparkyr; 08/03/2009 at 04:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Additionally, does anyone if it is possible to write an app that will highlight the misspelled words and all the autocorrected words in the various apps (text, email, etc), allow you to click on that word, and give you a drop down box of words that you can select?

I like the way the Instinct does this and it allows the user to quickly see which words were autocorrected and change it to a list of other words (including the originally typed word).

Thanks!
    Rick, it worked. I had to reinstall and reboot right away like i"ve read in some post. went and put in a word. rebooted and YES!!!!! i want to thank you very much for calling me and working with me on this. You are the man!!!!!
  15.    #135  
    Rick, it worked. I had to reinstall and reboot right away like i"ve read in some post. went and put in a word. rebooted and YES!!!!! i want to thank you very much for calling me and working with me on this. You are the man!!!!!
    Hi all, very busy this week. I don't know if I'll have time to respond to many requests/posts. I'll continue to monitor the posts and get back when I have the time.

If others would be helpful and help to answer questions, I'd appreciate it very much.

I'm glad you got things working sugaman!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    so I tried rebooting right after installing, without remounting, just going straight to orange+Sym+R, but that didn't seem to work. I forget if I rebooted again after making a change to the dictionary but
    Then I tried mounting as writeable, making an autocorrect entry, then rebooting (through Putty this time), and the change has stuck. Only thing is, I don't know if my filesystem is read only or read/write... is there a status option or flag to the mount command to find out?

In any case, thanks for the program! Still not sure what I did wrong and finally what I did right... but hey, it works now

edit: hm, seems like it works if I leave the filesystem as read/write... doesn't seem like a good idea in the long run, and kind of a pain to Putty in, set as read/write, make a change, reboot to stick, then Putty back in and set read-only for ... safety? Is that why it's bad to leave it as read/write? Or is it not bad, and I don't have to worry about it?
    Last edited by edhkim; 08/04/2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: tried some more stuff
  17.    #137  
    Hi all,

I've had issues with my Pre and will be getting a replacement on Wednesday. Shortly afterward, I hope to have release 1.0.3. Sorry for keeping you all hanging, if anyone is anxiously awaiting the release...
    Originally posted by rhong:
    . . . I hope to have release 1.0.3. Sorry for keeping you all hanging, if anyone is anxiously awaiting the release...
    Not a problem. You've given me the only homebrew app that I use all the time. I'm very happy with what I have so far, but thanks for all the great updates and your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Hi all,

I've had issues with my Pre and will be getting a replacement on Wednesday. Shortly afterward, I hope to have release 1.0.3. Sorry for keeping you all hanging, if anyone is anxiously awaiting the release...
    Me too. Dead earpiece speaker and they have to order me a new one. Too bad Sprint won't be replacing the BestSkinsEver.com cover...

Any thoughts on the backup file edit?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Any chance this could become an app for quick-install (i.e. no rooting required)? Thanks.
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast