Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Nope gave it a try and no change. When you say reboot will does a reset (power button down and slient on off 3 time) do it. Do I need to do something different.

The new files did install.
    I reboot by holding down 3 keys: Orange, Sym, and the letter R.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I reboot by holding down 3 keys: Orange, Sym, and the letter R.
    OK tried one more reset before reading this post and it worked. YIPPY!!!

Do you have to reset after each word or after several have been entered? It seems I have to reset when a new word is added.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    OK tried one more reset before reading this post and it worked. YIPPY!!!

Do you have to reset after each word or after several have been entered? It seems I have to reset when a new word is added.
    You can add as many entries as you desire, but those added entries won't activate until a reboot. That's the number 1 bug fix people want! Glad things are working!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    You can add as many entries as you desire, but those added entries won't activate until a reboot. That's the number 1 bug fix people want! Glad things are working!
    OK got it and thanks again!!
    rhong: with the new install directions (rather than the seven steps) AutoCorrect Edit, is not only installed but it also works now!

I'm looking forwarding to giving it a whirl this week... cheers and thanks
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    rhong: with the new install directions (rather than the seven steps) AutoCorrect Edit, is not only installed but it also works now!

I'm looking forwarding to giving it a whirl this week... cheers and thanks
    I know, it's a win-win. I'm sure you're gonna love it and it will be one of your must-have apps. It just increases the Pre's usability by an order of magnitude.
    rhong: I love the updates and the way the app works now. Oh, and did I forget to rave over the new backup feature. I'm too pleased for words. Thanks for a great app.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    rhong i would suggest having them do

Code:
    stop LunaSysMgr & start LunaSysMgr
    Commands after installing your app along with after done with auto file edits.
    Thanks. I've implemented this for the next version already!
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    rhong: I love the updates and the way the app works now. Oh, and did I forget to rave over the new backup feature. I'm too pleased for words. Thanks for a great app.
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Last night, I was able to implement atlanta's suggestion and it's working great. My Pre takes a little over 3 minutes to reboot. Because of this, I don't reboot often to activate my recent shortcut additions.

By following atlanta's suggestion, the quick-restart (similar to restarting your Windows Desktop or MacOS Finder) takes a mere 45 seconds! That's like 4X faster! This is the most popular bug fix request yet. Although it isn't instantaneous, it's definitely more bearable. See my teaser pic below...

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I'd like to try this...PM sent
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    I'd like to try this...PM sent
    Pico, I've released this. See the first post for the new simple install. Once installed, you can make a couple shortcut entries, then reboot. Please let me know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Yep, it's installed. I somehow started on another thread and ended up here or something. But it's loaded and seems to be working...thanks!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thanks for this great application!
    One request: Can you include support for newlines in the replaced text? I don't know if it would be as simple as throwing in a '\n' or something, but it'd be really handy, as I used to have multiple-line auto-replace entries on my Blackberry.

Thanks!
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by elbaso View Post
    Thanks for this great application!
    One request: Can you include support for newlines in the replaced text? I don't know if it would be as simple as throwing in a '\n' or something, but it'd be really handy, as I used to have multiple-line auto-replace entries on my Blackberry.

Thanks!
    Great suggestion. I'll look into this.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Rhong --

Followed you instructions and uninstalled the app, and then reinstalled it. As soon as it was done, I rebooted the Pre instantaneously.

That seemed to be the trick...now the app works great and is extremely useful.

Kudos -- can't wait for the updates
  16.    #116  
    Strange, I got an email notification regarding a post by user alephbot. It said he was having issues with installation. alephbot, are you still having trouble, or did you get the install working? Let us know. Thanks.
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    Rhong --

Followed you instructions and uninstalled the app, and then reinstalled it. As soon as it was done, I rebooted the Pre instantaneously.

That seemed to be the trick...now the app works great and is extremely useful.

Kudos -- can't wait for the updates
    Great! Updates coming...

I plan to release 1.0.3 this coming week. The installation process will automatically uninstall the old version and install the new version.

I'll also create an uninstall script to make that easier, although I don't expect anyone to actually utilize it... hehe
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Code:
    # Log in to your Palm Pre as the root user.
    # [If installing via USB and Developer mode, execute:] 

rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp/
    wget http://www.rickhong.com/autocorrectedit/dist/AutoCorrectEdit-1.0.0.tar.gz
    tar xzvf AutoCorrectEdit-1.0.0.tar.gz
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Just took the original post and made it Copy Paste friendly.

I too used the original php script and even though I rebooted/rescanned several times, the corrects didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled using these commands. I also made sure I had the file system set to read/write.

A full reboot this time after installation, and the app works. I'm also using the
    stop LunaSysMgr & start LunaSysMgr
    commands to do a soft reset instead of a full reboot.

This application is great! it takes the place of my missing "quicktexts" in the messaging app!
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)
    Originally posted by rhong. . .By following atlanta's suggestion, the quick-restart (similar to restarting your Windows Desktop or MacOS Finder) takes a mere 45 seconds! That's like 4X faster! This is the most popular bug fix request yet. Although it isn't instantaneous, it's definitely more bearable. See my teaser pic below...
    Just when you think, "It doesn't get any better than this," you give us something new. I noticed that you updated the original post on 7/31/09, but it simply stated that you don't have to reboot after installation.

I love the app and can't wait for the new update with only a 45 second restart. This app is so fun, I'm coming up with acronyms just so that I can make a shortcut. Great work rhong!!!
    Rennat, I'll take you up on that man. Needs some help getting this to work. I am a newbie but i want to take the plunge. Having problem getting the replacement file in. Just figued out how to get to the root of the pre, but dont know how to get the file in.