Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 732
  1. #61  
    rhong, I tried testing out your public version, I have it installed on my pre however none of the auto corrects work (maybe becuase i'm on 1.1?).

    I've tried a few words and even your example 'fyi' > for your information... doesn't seem to work, I've tried in both text messages and e-mail.

    Is there anything else I should be doing? I have even tried creating a back up of the entries. (oh and yes I did restart my pre after each additional word)
  2. #62  
    Code:
    # Log in to your Palm Pre as the root user.
    # [If installing via USB and Developer mode, execute:] 
    
    rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp/
    wget http://www.rickhong.com/autocorrectedit/dist/AutoCorrectEdit-1.0.0.tar.gz
    tar xzvf AutoCorrectEdit-1.0.0.tar.gz
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Just took the original post and made it Copy Paste friendly.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    rhong, I tried testing out your public version, I have it installed on my pre however none of the auto corrects work (maybe becuase i'm on 1.1?).

    I've tried a few words and even your example 'fyi' > for your information... doesn't seem to work, I've tried in both text messages and e-mail.

    Is there anything else I should be doing? I have even tried creating a back up of the entries. (oh and yes I did restart my pre after each additional word)
    Hi, did you install to /usr/palm/applications/ like the instructions state or did you modify the install and install to /var/usr/palm/applications/?

    This matters. Thanks.
  4. jth6570's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #64  
    I followed your directions to the letter to install and got the app on my pre, however I cannot get it to work properly. The app opens and runs, I make an entry and it says that it was added, I reset the device and still no working shortcut, any ideas?
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Hi, did you install to /usr/palm/applications/ like the instructions state or did you modify the install and install to /var/usr/palm/applications/?

    This matters. Thanks.
    I'm not familiar with all this command prompt stuff... but I followed your seven steps in your original post. Nothing more nothing less (besides reboot after install and after adding words to the bank)
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by jth6570 View Post
    I followed your directions to the letter to install and got the app on my pre, however I cannot get it to work properly. The app opens and runs, I make an entry and it says that it was added, I reset the device and still no working shortcut, any ideas?
    I assume everyone's running WebOS 1.1.0. I am too, but I've had a working version prior to the update, and my beta testers who have upgraded are also not having issues.

    I'll take a look at what I might have missed when I get home.

    Anyone having success following my install directions?

    It may be obvious, but you must press a delimiter (like space, comma, period) after the shortcut for it to replace.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I assume everyone's running WebOS 1.1.0. I am too, but I've had a working version prior to the update, and my beta testers who have upgraded are also not having issues.

    I'll take a look at what I might have missed when I get home.

    Anyone having success following my install directions?

    It may be obvious, but you must press a delimiter (like space, comma, period) after the shortcut for it to replace.
    Yes I've been using a space.... just gave it a shot with a comma and still no results. No rush this kind of stuff takes time, but if I can be of any help let me know.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I assume everyone's running WebOS 1.1.0. I am too, but I've had a working version prior to the update, and my beta testers who have upgraded are also not having issues.

    I'll take a look at what I might have missed when I get home.

    Anyone having success following my install directions?

    It may be obvious, but you must press a delimiter (like space, comma, period) after the shortcut for it to replace.
    i am running 1.1, for some reason i had to do the wget twice in order to get the file, not 100% sure why...but once i got the tar file, it installed just fine. I am restarting right now to check out functionality.

    [EDIT] Unfortunately, my changes do not work
  9. khiladi's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #69  
    Hmm...I just tried the installation steps and it works fine for me!

    Thanks Rhong!!
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by khiladi View Post
    Hmm...I just tried the installation steps and it works fine for me!

    Thanks Rhong!!
    were you successful in adding autocorrects?
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Code:
    # Log in to your Palm Pre as the root user.
    # [If installing via USB and Developer mode, execute:] 
    
    rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp/
    wget http://www.rickhong.com/autocorrectedit/dist/AutoCorrectEdit-1.0.0.tar.gz
    tar xzvf AutoCorrectEdit-1.0.0.tar.gz
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Just took the original post and made it Copy Paste friendly.
    I did this copy and paste. It installed fine, but the app didn't work. Did a reboot and it's working for me! sweet!

    Great app! thanks
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by jth6570 View Post
    I followed your directions to the letter to install and got the app on my pre, however I cannot get it to work properly. The app opens and runs, I make an entry and it says that it was added, I reset the device and still no working shortcut, any ideas?
    Very same problem here. I have the app on the Pre but nothing changes in the SMS or e-mail apps. Is there a way to delete the app?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Very same problem here. I have the app on the Pre but nothing changes in the SMS or e-mail apps. Is there a way to delete the app?
    I'll post removal instructions tonight. I'm gonna have to diagnose the issue with a fresh Pre. Any volunteers? PM me and we'll set up a call to figure this out.
  14. #74  
    Thanks Rhong.. very nice and useful application.
    Please emphasize the importance of rebooting the Pre after installation. It only worked after I rebooted..
  15. Hook_em's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #75  
    I can confirm that I too installed the application smoothly, but replacing words after I modify the shortcut does not work for me.

    I tried 'btw' to be 'by the way' and it will not change.

    I, too, followed your instructions line by line within PuTTy as Root@Castle
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    I can confirm that I too installed the application smoothly, but replacing words after I modify the shortcut does not work for me.

    I tried 'btw' to be 'by the way' and it will not change.

    I, too, followed your instructions line by line within PuTTy as Root@Castle
    Did you reboot? Mine didn't work until i rebooted.
  17. atlanta's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    #77  
    rhong i would suggest having them do

    Code:
    stop LunaSysMgr & start LunaSysMgr
    Commands after installing your app along with after done with auto file edits.
  18. Hook_em's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #78  
    yes -- I did a reboot (orange + sym + r) and no luck. Disabled Dev mode and still no luck.
  19.    #79  
    Ok, for those who have Pres where AutoCorrect Edit is not working, did you install via ssh into your Pre, or did you set up developer mode and use a USB cable? Thanks.
  20. khiladi's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    were you successful in adding autocorrects?
    Yes...
    - installed the app by copying and pasting the commands via telnet
    - rebooted the Pre
    - ran the application and added some custom acronyms and their references
    - rebooted the Pre again
    - opened up a test SMS and email and it works just fine for me
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions