Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    rhong, I tried testing out your public version, I have it installed on my pre however none of the auto corrects work (maybe becuase i'm on 1.1?).

I've tried a few words and even your example 'fyi' > for your information... doesn't seem to work, I've tried in both text messages and e-mail.

Is there anything else I should be doing? I have even tried creating a back up of the entries. (oh and yes I did restart my pre after each additional word)
    Code:
    # Log in to your Palm Pre as the root user.
    # [If installing via USB and Developer mode, execute:] 

rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp/
    wget http://www.rickhong.com/autocorrectedit/dist/AutoCorrectEdit-1.0.0.tar.gz
    tar xzvf AutoCorrectEdit-1.0.0.tar.gz
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Just took the original post and made it Copy Paste friendly.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    rhong, I tried testing out your public version, I have it installed on my pre however none of the auto corrects work (maybe becuase i'm on 1.1?).

I've tried a few words and even your example 'fyi' > for your information... doesn't seem to work, I've tried in both text messages and e-mail.

Is there anything else I should be doing? I have even tried creating a back up of the entries. (oh and yes I did restart my pre after each additional word)
    Hi, did you install to /usr/palm/applications/ like the instructions state or did you modify the install and install to /var/usr/palm/applications/?

This matters. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I followed your directions to the letter to install and got the app on my pre, however I cannot get it to work properly. The app opens and runs, I make an entry and it says that it was added, I reset the device and still no working shortcut, any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Hi, did you install to /usr/palm/applications/ like the instructions state or did you modify the install and install to /var/usr/palm/applications/?

This matters. Thanks.
    I'm not familiar with all this command prompt stuff... but I followed your seven steps in your original post. Nothing more nothing less (besides reboot after install and after adding words to the bank)
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by jth6570 View Post
    I followed your directions to the letter to install and got the app on my pre, however I cannot get it to work properly. The app opens and runs, I make an entry and it says that it was added, I reset the device and still no working shortcut, any ideas?
    I assume everyone's running WebOS 1.1.0. I am too, but I've had a working version prior to the update, and my beta testers who have upgraded are also not having issues.

I'll take a look at what I might have missed when I get home.

Anyone having success following my install directions?

It may be obvious, but you must press a delimiter (like space, comma, period) after the shortcut for it to replace.
    I assume everyone's running WebOS 1.1.0. I am too, but I've had a working version prior to the update, and my beta testers who have upgraded are also not having issues.

It may be obvious, but you must press a delimiter (like space, comma, period) after the shortcut for it to replace.
    Yes I've been using a space.... just gave it a shot with a comma and still no results. No rush this kind of stuff takes time, but if I can be of any help let me know.

i am running 1.1, for some reason i had to do the wget twice in order to get the file, not 100% sure why...but once i got the tar file, it installed just fine. I am restarting right now to check out functionality.

[EDIT] Unfortunately, my changes do not work
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hmm...I just tried the installation steps and it works fine for me!

Thanks Rhong!!
    Quote Originally Posted by khiladi View Post
    Hmm...I just tried the installation steps and it works fine for me!

Thanks Rhong!!
    were you successful in adding autocorrects?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Code:
    # Log in to your Palm Pre as the root user.
    # [If installing via USB and Developer mode, execute:] 

rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp/
    wget http://www.rickhong.com/autocorrectedit/dist/AutoCorrectEdit-1.0.0.tar.gz
    tar xzvf AutoCorrectEdit-1.0.0.tar.gz
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Just took the original post and made it Copy Paste friendly.
    I did this copy and paste. It installed fine, but the app didn't work. Did a reboot and it's working for me! sweet!

Great app! thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jth6570 View Post
    Very same problem here. I have the app on the Pre but nothing changes in the SMS or e-mail apps. Is there a way to delete the app?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Very same problem here. I have the app on the Pre but nothing changes in the SMS or e-mail apps. Is there a way to delete the app?
    I'll post removal instructions tonight. I'm gonna have to diagnose the issue with a fresh Pre. Any volunteers? PM me and we'll set up a call to figure this out.
    Thanks Rhong.. very nice and useful application.
    Please emphasize the importance of rebooting the Pre after installation. It only worked after I rebooted..
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I can confirm that I too installed the application smoothly, but replacing words after I modify the shortcut does not work for me.

I tried 'btw' to be 'by the way' and it will not change.

I, too, followed your instructions line by line within PuTTy as Root@Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook_em View Post
    I can confirm that I too installed the application smoothly, but replacing words after I modify the shortcut does not work for me.

I tried 'btw' to be 'by the way' and it will not change.

I, too, followed your instructions line by line within PuTTy as Root@Castle
    Did you reboot? Mine didn't work until i rebooted.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    rhong i would suggest having them do

Code:
    stop LunaSysMgr & start LunaSysMgr
    Commands after installing your app along with after done with auto file edits.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    yes -- I did a reboot (orange + sym + r) and no luck. Disabled Dev mode and still no luck.
  19.    #79  
    Ok, for those who have Pres where AutoCorrect Edit is not working, did you install via ssh into your Pre, or did you set up developer mode and use a USB cable? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    were you successful in adding autocorrects?
    Yes...
    - installed the app by copying and pasting the commands via telnet
    - rebooted the Pre
    - ran the application and added some custom acronyms and their references
    - rebooted the Pre again
    - opened up a test SMS and email and it works just fine for me
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast