Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637
    I've owned this app (registered version) since its initial release and it has been fantastic! I couldn't imagine how I would feel about my Pre if I did not have this app; plus, rhong's support has been most appreciated. Thanks!
    rhong, is it possible for you to add the ability to email the auto-replace file from within ACE? This would make it easier to backup that file on external storage without having to connect the Pre to a computer via USB.
    rhong, are you out there?
    Isn't this going to be outdated with 2.0?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

5.    #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    rhong, is it possible for you to add the ability to email the auto-replace file from within ACE? This would make it easier to backup that file on external storage without having to connect the Pre to a computer via USB.
    Hey sjamie,

So looking at the news of the updated WebOS 2.0 coming out, it looks like AutoCorrect Edit functionality will indeed be covered by the OS by default now. This is great news, as everyone should have this functionality out of the box.

Because of this, I won't look into building this functionality into the app, but it can be done without an update to ACE (remember, the file is called text-edit-autoreplace and it's on the USB drive portion of your device). Below are the instructions...

[0) Add/delete/modify an entry in your dictionary using the AutoCorrect Edit app.]
    1) Go to your email application on your device.
    2) Touch the new email button (email envelope with a + icon in the lower left corner of the screen).
    3) Address the To: field to wherever you want the backup of your dictionary file to be sent, also fill out the subject field with whatever you want to descriptively call your backup email.
    4) Touch the attachment button (paper clip icon, lower left corner of the screen).
    5) We want to attach a file, so touch the file icon (right-most icon at the bottom of the screen, looks like an icon of a page of paper).
    6) Start typing "text-edit-autoreplace" and the top file should be your backup file. [If you followed step 0 above, it will show a date timestamp of today.]
    7) Touch the file named "text-edit-autoreplace" and it will place the dictionary file as an attachment to your email.
    8) Touch the send button (the paper airplane icon in the lower right corner of the email composition screen).

You're all set, the file will mail out to the email address specified.
    I know the process looks long, but it's really not that hard (I just wanted to make sure I provided comprehensive instructions).

Hope this helps everyone.

Thanks for supporting AutoCorrect Edit. It's been a fun project.
    Last edited by rhong; 10/21/2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: clarity
    Cool, thanks for the instructions. I did not know you could attach the file without being able drill down within the folder directory structure on the Pre. Using Internalz, I can get to any file on my Pre but there is no way to email it out.

Thanks again!

P.S. I really hope the auto correct functionality built into WebOS 2.0 works as good as AutoCorrect Edit!
    Last edited by sjamie; 10/21/2010 at 11:50 PM.
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Cool, thanks for the instructions. I did not know you could attach the file without being able drill down within the folder directory structure on the Pre. Using Internalz, I can get to any file on my Pre but there is no way to email it out.

Thanks again!

P.S. I really hope the auto correct functionality built into WebOS 2.0 works as good as AutoCorrect Edit!
    It looks like it'll be good, just as functional. It will probably auto-backup to your Palm profile. Also, I'm sure they will auto-reload the dictionary once you make changes since they know the ins and outs of WebOS.
    Hey Rick, email me mracer29@yahoo.com had to get another new Pre the speaker went out again....
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
    This may seem like a novice question, and I suppose it is, but I am trying to remove this app. The beginning of this thread states that in order to do so one must log in as the 'root user'. . Ok. I figured out the root process and run [wget -qO- http://rickhong.com/autocorrectedit/dist/uninst.php | /bin/sh]. This process finishes and states the app has been removed, yet it is still listed within the apps on my phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by scotteneal; 11/25/2010 at 03:34 AM.
    Rick,
    I Doctored my Pre this week and discovered that my various backups did not restore ACE. I installed the demo from Pre-ware but that doesn't work. What do I need to do? Thank God my dictionary restored. I am totally dependent on it for texting.

OMG, TY,

Len

Update: Attempting to delete or remove the non working beta hangs my pre but even worse, in the process I lost my dictionary. ;(
    Last edited by modemjunkie; 12/19/2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I have used this app since Nov '09.
    It is among the 'Must Have' Apps.
    Not only that, the author, Rick, does a great job of responding to emails, etc...

I Highly recommend getting this App!
    Hey Rick, email me mracer29@yahoo.com had to get another new Pre, in fact I have had 3 re-manufactured Pre's in the last week. I love my Pre but sprint better get the Pre 3 soon.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637