Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    anybody know how to remove this? it just freezes my phone any way i try
    What method have you tried removing it? Sym key + tap -> Delete OR WebOS Quick Install?
    both. and a page back or so Rick gave me instructions to uninstall using the linux command line, but no luck.
  3.    #703  
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    both. and a page back or so Rick gave me instructions to uninstall using the linux command line, but no luck.
    Have others had similar issues? I can try to give you one liner commands to run from the Linux Command Line to uninstall until we find out which one causes the freeze. Let me PM you.
    ive tried everything ive seen in here and cant get it to remove either
    n/m i got it
    Hi,

I just purchased the ACE, I haven't had the time to install it yet and wanted to know a few things before I do the installation.

I read that some people had trouble with the patch that added the '3000 autocorrect' to the dictionary.

Should I remove that patch first?

Does it really does all the entries that 3000 adds?

Is there way of backing up the default autocorrect database just in case I have to remove ACE and go back to my original settings?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    You can leave that patch installed.

The only problem some people have with that patch is that it mis-corrects a few words (or has rather spurious correcting of some correct words with other words that are typed with keys close by). If you do come across any of these mis-corrections, you can just remove them from the AutoCorrect dictionary in ACE. That's what I've done every time I've run into one of them.
    I've been using ACE for about a month or longer. I have the 3000 autocorrec patch added as well. I've had no problems and love the app. It makes typing much better.
    could not install that patch on top of autocorrect. Is there an easy way to drop shortcuts into autocorrect all at once?
    I tried to remove this and reinstall becuase it won't update.. but it keeps freezing my phone up... any fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Nice to see another app that requires rooting, even 'though I haven't done that yet.
    I loaded auto correct edit and it froze my phone. Took twenty minutes to undo. Then couldnt get the app to work.
    Did the developer get back from his vacation?

I am still waiting for my license code?

And I think that's why some of you haven't had your questions answered just yet.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    ** And too the negative posters if you don't want to buy it , don't, nobody is forcing you too? and why post that your not buying it are you bored?
    Reminds me of all the Apple Fan Boys that log into Zune Forums and post all kinds of negative stuff about the Zune and how they are going to purchase Apple and you know they wouldn't purchase a Zune even you held a gun to their head.
    Last edited by FishenFool; 09/28/2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: word not displayed
    FishenFool, Fishn' is Bettr'n Workn'

14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    could not install that patch on top of autocorrect. Is there an easy way to drop shortcuts into autocorrect all at once?
    I can assist you with this. Please email me and I'll work with you on it.
  15.    #715  
    Quote Originally Posted by yellanphine827 View Post
    I tried to remove this and reinstall becuase it won't update.. but it keeps freezing my phone up... any fix for this?
    I'll PM you.
  16.    #716  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Did the developer get back from his vacation?

I am still waiting for my license code?

And I think that's why some of you haven't had your questions answered just yet.

Rob
    Hey Rob, I generated the registered version for you when I got back from vacation. Are you up and running now?

Thanks.
  17.    #717  
    Quote Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
    Reminds me of all the Apple Fan Boys that log into Zune Forums and post all kinds of negative stuff about the Zune and how they are going to purchase Apple and you know they wouldn't purchase a Zune even you held a gun to their head.
    I know. I'm not here to twist anyone's arm or anything.
    This is why I gave up on this app a LONG time ago........

Ridiculous Support!

Why do you feel the need to help everyone via PM or email?? The purpose of online forums is to help people. If you would just post your solution once in the forum, then maybe 20 or so people could benefit from it. I'm sure you are probably telling everyone basically the same thing over and over again anyway.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I have auto correct edit and want to uninstall it. (palm pre plus) (verizon) It keeps freezing my phone
    Can someone give me step by step directions as to how to ged rid of it
    Thanks in advance
  20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    This is why I gave up on this app a LONG time ago........

Ridiculous Support!

Why do you feel the need to help everyone via PM or email?? The purpose of online forums is to help people. If you would just post your solution once in the forum, then maybe 20 or so people could benefit from it. I'm sure you are probably telling everyone basically the same thing over and over again anyway.
    My solution is actually in my original post, but many users don't read it and ask in the forum again. There are many factors that may render the demo non-functional. It is not easy to debug, and rather than filling this thread with issues, I'd rather keep the thread more positive. The demo is actually an order of magnitude more complex than the registered version.

I subscribe to the idea that personalized support is more appreciated than informally posting solutions in a forum. Also, 90% of the users I help with this issue end up purchasing AutoCorrect Edit, so I'd prefer to continue the personalized assistance.

I haven't heard many of my registered users complain about my email or private message support. Hope this helps explain my reasoning. The registered version works for all WebOS devices so far. I haven't had one device it didn't work on yet.