Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Hey aairman23, I'll get back with you today. I'm gonna develop a workaround for those who have issues with the demo. It will be easy to install too. Are you willing to be a tester for this different install method? Thanks.
    I was bored and tried uninstalling with WEBOSQI then resetting the phone and then reinstalling with WEBOSQI...still doesn't work (Phone won't reset to "Activate Changes") Not sure if this is new info or not, but just thought I throw that in there.
  2.    #622  
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    I was bored and tried uninstalling with WEBOSQI then resetting the phone and then reinstalling with WEBOSQI...still doesn't work (Phone won't reset to "Activate Changes") Not sure if this is new info or not, but just thought I throw that in there.
    Just emailed you.
    Rick...
    i don't know if its the 1.4.1... or if its the fact that they replaced my phone today... but i can't get my "activate changes" to restart my phone and none of my custom texts work... help me please... i emailed u a few days ago... whats goin' on... need ur help

drewdigital777@yahoo.com
  4.    #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdigital777 View Post
    Rick...
    i don't know if its the 1.4.1... or if its the fact that they replaced my phone today... but i can't get my "activate changes" to restart my phone and none of my custom texts work... help me please... i emailed u a few days ago... whats goin' on... need ur help
    Sorry, I overlooked your email. Emailed you back. (You might want to edit your post to remove your email address from this public forum.) Anyway, we'll get you all set back up today.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdigital777 View Post
    Rick...

drewdigital777@yahoo.com
    Hey, I'm having sort of the same problem myself. I installed the ipk via wosqi and entered a few entries in the app to try it out. The changes were never activated and the phone never restarted.

Also, yesterday I sent you a pm. I purchased the registered version. I still have the demo version on my phone. Is there a download link for those that purchase for the registered ipk download? I wasn't logged in on precentral when I purchased. Took me to paypal, I made the payment, and just got confirmation of what I bought. I know I must look like the biggest n00b ever, but I could use some help. Lol... Thanks.
  6.    #626  
    Quote Originally Posted by Donmeister85 View Post
    Hey, I'm having sort of the same problem myself. I installed the ipk via wosqi and entered a few entries in the app to try it out. The changes were never activated and the phone never restarted.

Also, yesterday I sent you a pm. I purchased the registered version. I still have the demo version on my phone. Is there a download link for those that purchase for the registered ipk download? I wasn't logged in on precentral when I purchased. Took me to paypal, I made the payment, and just got confirmation of what I bought. I know I must look like the biggest n00b ever, but I could use some help. Lol... Thanks.
    I have emailed back the registered users from yesterday. Perhaps you're checking a different email than the PayPal registered email. Please PM me your email address. Thanks.
    Finally got it up and running. Works great! I've entered a bunch of words in there already and I'll be adding more as I continue to text. I text quite a bit, so I'm getting new ideas in my head for things that I can shorten or edit. Just wanted to say, great program! And I'm looking forward to future updates.
  8.    #628  
    Quote Originally Posted by Donmeister85 View Post
    Finally got it up and running. Works great! I've entered a bunch of words in there already and I'll be adding more as I continue to text. I text quite a bit, so I'm getting new ideas in my head for things that I can shorten or edit. Just wanted to say, great program! And I'm looking forward to future updates.
    Thanks. Make sure you check out this other thread I created: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...y-entries.html
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Had trouble running the demo. I contacted the developer, Rick Hong.
    Rick was extremely responsive (almost immediately), and got it working on my Sprint Palm pre in no time.
    Great app and responsive developer, what more can you ask for..!!
    Rick - I tried the demo version several months ago. It loaded but I couldn't get any of the features to work. I asked for help on the forum but didn't get a response. I had a problem unintalling it too. I think it finally uninstalled when I had to doctor my phone for an update that screwed upl

I'd really like to pay and get the app. The features are the ONLY thing I ever liked about a Blackberry as the functionality was built in to it. What is the best way to install the paid app and can I PM you if I have trouble again?

Thx
    Willy
  11.    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by willyiam View Post
    Rick - I tried the demo version several months ago. It loaded but I couldn't get any of the features to work. I asked for help on the forum but didn't get a response. I had a problem unintalling it too. I think it finally uninstalled when I had to doctor my phone for an update that screwed upl

I'd really like to pay and get the app. The features are the ONLY thing I ever liked about a Blackberry as the functionality was built in to it. What is the best way to install the paid app and can I PM you if I have trouble again?

Thx
    Willy
    Hey Willy, PM me your email address.
    [QUOTE=willyiam;2401002]Rick - I tried the demo version several months ago. It loaded but I couldn't get any of the features to work.

Same here ... I uninstalled and installed but never could get it to work. Would love to have this feature on my phone and would pay for the app too.
  13.    #633  
    [quote=toddfoutz;2401101]
    Quote Originally Posted by willyiam View Post
    Rick - I tried the demo version several months ago. It loaded but I couldn't get any of the features to work.

Same here ... I uninstalled and installed but never could get it to work. Would love to have this feature on my phone and would pay for the app too.
    Please PM me your email address.

For those who have trouble with the demo installation, please PM me your email and I'll email you with assistance. Thanks all.
    Hey Willy, PM me your email address.
    I contacted Rick. I was able to install the paid version without a hitch. Rick said sometimes the trial version doesn't work with patched phones and mine definitely had a lot of patches on it. Just so it was a clean install, I uninstalled my patches, then installed ACE and reinstalled patches. Program works perfectly and will be a real time saver as my large thumbs create a lot of the same typos. Rick stayed in touch with me to make sure all went as it should.

Thanks Rick! - Great product!!
    Willy
    Hey Folks

As I said in a previous post, Rick was a huge help getting me the info needed to get ACE up and running on my Pre. I stumbled into something when playing with the program, that might be useful to everyone. I was going to suggest to Rick that it would be helpful if we could see a list on the phone of the edits and shortcuts we create. Then I discovered by accident when using Doc View that a file named "personalEntries.txt" was appearing. I didn't recognize it so I opened it and found it was a list of all the corrections and edits I had done for ACE, listed one correction per line. You can double tap the document and zoom to two different levels to make it easier to read. The list will even update with new entries before tapping activate changes.

Thanks again to Rick for creating and supporting such a great program for the Pre. My texting and email typing are getting easier by the day.

Willy
    Just a little reminder after the 1.4.1 update.

Hi all,

In case any of you registered users are wondering how ACE works with the new WebOS 1.4 update...

- No need to uninstall before updating to WebOS 1.4
    - After updating, just execute "Activate Changes" within AutoCorrect Edit and have it restart you Pre. All of your shortcuts should become active once again.
    - It works as expected, as far as I can tell.

Let me know if you do run into trouble, though.

Thanks!
    If you're considering installing this app, steer clear of this shady item. Why:

1. I installed via Quick Install Repository, where it is not disclosed that this is only a DEMO! Shady.

2. The "Demo" doesn't do anything. It will say "add/modifying", but it doesn't actually do it. "Activate Changes" doesn't do anything either. Rebooting doesn't do anything. So it's basically just a demo SCREEN. Shady.

3. Full version costs $5, while more sophisticated apps that actually work (like PowerNap, etc.) are going for $1.99, $.99, or free. And you can accomplish what it does yourself for free by just editing the dictionary file (see: Patch webOS Add Words to AutoCorrect Dictionary - WebOS Internals). Lame.

4. Will NOT UNINSTALL. 3 uninstall attempts resulted in 3 freeze-ups requiring battery removal. Shady.

So basically I've just unknowingly installed a non-deletable screen capture of an overpriced app that will cost me $5 to test (and presumably allow me to uninstall it). This just really seems to go against the nature of the homebrew community here.

p.s. Can someone with more tech knowledge please please confirm that this is at least not some sort of spyware/malware so that I know if I need to webOS doctor to get rid of this junk? Suspicious that it won't uninstall. Thanks in advance.
  18.    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by jukktank3 View Post
    If you're considering installing this app, steer clear of this shady item. Why:

1. I installed via Quick Install Repository, where it is not disclosed that this is only a DEMO! Shady.

2. The "Demo" doesn't do anything. It will say "add/modifying", but it doesn't actually do it. "Activate Changes" doesn't do anything either. Rebooting doesn't do anything. So it's basically just a demo SCREEN. Shady.

3. Full version costs $5, while more sophisticated apps that actually work (like PowerNap, etc.) are going for $1.99, $.99, or free. And you can accomplish what it does yourself for free by just editing the dictionary file (see: Patch webOS Add Words to AutoCorrect Dictionary - WebOS Internals). Lame.

4. Will NOT UNINSTALL. 3 uninstall attempts resulted in 3 freeze-ups requiring battery removal. Shady.

So basically I've just unknowingly installed a non-deletable screen capture of an overpriced app that will cost me $5 to test (and presumably allow me to uninstall it). This just really seems to go against the nature of the homebrew community here.

p.s. Can someone with more tech knowledge please please confirm that this is at least not some sort of spyware/malware so that I know if I need to webOS doctor to get rid of this junk? Suspicious that it won't uninstall. Thanks in advance.
    Please don't jump to conclusions without contacting me. I can assist. (I developed the app.)

How did you install this, btw. If you want, we can correspond via private message or email. If you prefer not to, we can do it through the support forum. Thanks.
  19.    #639  
    Quote Originally Posted by jukktank3 View Post
    Where did I not disclose that this is not a demo? Is it in the name that I should claim it's a demo? I have hundreds of users using this and no one has accused me trying to be deceptive about it. I want to be as clear as possible, so please help me find where it isn't clear. Thanks in advance.
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I can confirm that this product works as advertised. The demo expires after 5 days, I believe, reverting your autocorrect dictionary to its original state, so it may appear that the app is no longer working. I just purchased the paid version, and was pleasantly surprised to see my demo changes restored to working status.

If you don't like the price, don't buy it. I happen to find the convenience worth it. Any time I find an AC entry that annoys me, I just switch over to this app and make the change - no need to remember all the changes I need to make.