Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 732
  1.    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Noticed this AM that ACE was not working, followed your instructions and is now working just fine, thanks for the heads up.
    Thanks for letting us know. It's nice to hear positive posts. I get positive emails all the time when I resolve issues people are having, but most people don't report their successes here in the forums.

    I wrote ACE to automatically repair itself after WebOS upgrades. I know the WebOS upgrades already cause enough hassle for those who patch their phones, so it's nice that users don't have to worry as much for this app.

    I can't guarantee that it will work for all WebOS upgrades in the future, since I don't know what the Palm developers will implement each release, but my auto-repair code has worked since the Pre and Pixi came out.

    Thanks again.
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Installed ACE via WOSQI twice (once before 1.4 upgrade, once after). Neither time could I get it to work. Nothing happens upon attempting to activate changes. Dialogue box comes up, but then no restart or activation. Not sure what other info would be helpful for any troubleshooters. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Please PM me. I've doctored my phone and may be able to figure out the issue with the demo ipk now that my Pre is back in better shape than before.
  3.    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i just tried to load this app Rick and it is saying file not found?? any ideas why? i waited until after this update to load this back on my phone and then i had issue after the update and now my phone is working but this app is not loading using your directions
    Hey Shadavis08, I've emailed you some questions. I know precisely the issue.
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Won't a backup (and restore backup) be necessary before one reactivates changes?
    --I'm unsure as I don't use the patch, I swear that patch lags the device.

    rhong:

    - Do you have an updated version that brings up AutoCorrectEdit via a universal search of 'ace'?
    Whenever your dictionary file gets too big, it causes lag in your applications. I noticed it mostly in the email app. This is because the autocorrection dictionary is cached in memory, and the larger the dictionary, the more memory it takes up (leaving less memory for your running apps). I notice slight lag at a dictionary file size of 750k, and major lag at 1 MB.

    Executing backup isn't necessary before activating changes, but it's probably not a bad idea. Backups are good, and restores can only restore the dictionary from the last time you backed up.

    As far as typing ace to get AutoCorrect Edit to show up in universal search, I experimented with the ace keyword two WebOS updates ago, and it wasn't using the keyword code, even though I had it in there. I'll have to test it out again. Thanks for the reminder.
  5. #605  
    ok I will look in my in box then ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #606  
    Hey Rick;

    I'm really enjoying ACE! I'm an old QuicKeys user from the Mac side and this little app is just what I've been looking for on my Pre.

    Right now I'm wondering if it is possible to have ACE display it's lib.s contents - all the mod.s that have been keyed in? I've just upgraded to 1.4.0 via "MetaDoctor" From WebOS Internals. Everythings back up and running, but I can't remember everything I've keyed in and I don't want to keep re-entering the same bunch of shortcuts.

    Also I seem to remember people posting a list of their shortcuts, is it possible to load someone elses lib. and use their shortcuts?

    Thanks!
  7. #607  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre da Vinci View Post
    Hey Rick;

    I'm really enjoying ACE! I'm an old QuicKeys user from the Mac side and this little app is just what I've been looking for on my Pre.

    Right now I'm wondering if it is possible to have ACE display it's lib.s contents - all the mod.s that have been keyed in? I've just upgraded to 1.4.0 via "MetaDoctor" From WebOS Internals. Everythings back up and running, but I can't remember everything I've keyed in and I don't want to keep re-entering the same bunch of shortcuts.

    Also I seem to remember people posting a list of their shortcuts, is it possible to load someone elses lib. and use their shortcuts?

    Thanks!
    FYI, you can connect your phone to your computer via USB and see the entries you've made. Look for the folder titled AutoCorrectEdit in the USB drive.

    The files are best viewed with something like Notepad++ (which you can download from free online)
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  8. waddle's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    #608  
    A while back I exported my short cuts to a file on my cpu and now I can't find it. Can someone remind me what that file would have been named? Also how do I import it back into my new phone?
  9. #609  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    FYI, you can connect your phone to your computer via USB and see the entries you've made. Look for the folder titled AutoCorrectEdit in the USB drive.

    The files are best viewed with something like Notepad++ (which you can download from free online)
    Thanks; Can you edit this file with Notepad ++(I have it) and re-import to your Pre and have ACE recognize and implement your changes? (I hope)
  10. #610  
    This could be a little off topic but does anyone know where I can find a list of the databases for the various app.s on the Pre and their file locations when connecting via USB.

    I'd like to reinstall my data for my; Clock, Memos, ACE-I'm good, Calendar (I don't do OTA sync), Videos, Tasks, Email, Contacts (no OTA).

    Thanks
  11. #611  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre da Vinci View Post
    Thanks; Can you edit this file with Notepad ++(I have it) and re-import to your Pre and have ACE recognize and implement your changes? (I hope)
    Your welcome and yes, (as long as you format it correctly).


    The other databases are not accessible via USB. You can get access via command line or SSH but, this is no walk in the park for an average phone user. Palm meant for it to be this way, else you could edit the code of the applications and even look at the code from your competitors.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  12. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #612  
    I've just noticed that autocorrection of mistyped words including punctuation now seems to be possible in WebOS 1.4, if you have the correct entries in the dictionary file of course.

    Previously in my dictionary I had corrections such as ",e" correcting to "me" and "see," correcting to "seem" which had been extracted from the 3000 More Autocorrect Words patch which had generated common misspellings based on the keyboard layout, but none of these worked in previous versions.

    I just mistyped one of these ("see,") and noticed that it autocorrected, as do all mistyped words in my dictionary including commas.

    Don't know if this new capability is of any use to you rhong, but you might find it useful. I guess Palm might be planning to update its autocorrect implementation in the future if it's making such changes now?

    Also, any update on double tapping space to end a sentence with a period and space?
  13. #613  
    Quote:
    "Also, any update on double tapping space to end a sentence with a period and space?"

    What about multi-line output based on typed characters? I'm looking for a replacement for the Shortcut character from earlier Palm OSs and would like to auto fill; Time Stamp, Date Stamp, Multi-line signatures, Multi-line bullet points, etc...

    Thanks!
  14. #614  
    could i try your autocorrection app?
  15. #615  
    could you send me the link so i could try your autocorrection app?
  16.    #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    A while back I exported my short cuts to a file on my cpu and now I can't find it. Can someone remind me what that file would have been named? Also how do I import it back into my new phone?
    [PalmDeviceDrive]:\AutoCorrectEdit\text-edit-autoreplace is the dictionary file ACE users can edit. Copy that file back in place from your backup and "Activate Changes" and you'll have all your old entries back.
  17. #617  
    ok, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the program to work. For example, I want to change "ur" to "your" so it put them in their respective fields and hit "add/modify" then I go to activate changes, but the phone doesn't restart. I do not have the 3000 word patch yet...but i don't think that's the problem...any help would be awesome, as I love the idea behind this program.
  18. #618  
    bumpsies...seriously, I'm interested in this app...can someone please help me with above mentioned problem?
  19. #619  
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    ok, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the program to work. For example, I want to change "ur" to "your" so it put them in their respective fields and hit "add/modify" then I go to activate changes, but the phone doesn't restart. I do not have the 3000 word patch yet...but i don't think that's the problem...any help would be awesome, as I love the idea behind this program.
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    bumpsies...seriously, I'm interested in this app...can someone please help me with above mentioned problem?
    I'm not the dev, but I'd have to guess your trial has expired. Have you ever installed the trial version before? How many days has it been installed on your phone? PM rhong, he is the developer and normally has a quick turnaround w/ feedback
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  20.    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    bumpsies...seriously, I'm interested in this app...can someone please help me with above mentioned problem?
    Hey aairman23, I'll get back with you today. I'm gonna develop a workaround for those who have issues with the demo. It will be easy to install too. Are you willing to be a tester for this different install method? Thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions