Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    no i have missplaced or lost the email please resend thank you. i sent a private message with email address
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2.    #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    no i have missplaced or lost the email please resend thank you. i sent a private message with email address
    I sent it your way...
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    If I already have the registered version of ACE, would I also benefit from the "3000 Autoreplace Words" patch or is it redundant? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by discdoc View Post
    If I already have the registered version of ACE, would I also benefit from the "3000 Autoreplace Words" patch or is it redundant? Thanks!
    Well, basically what the patch does is add 3000 new corrections to the text-edit-autoreplace file. I believe the new words are based on the most common words and the typos that happen due to hitting the key to the right or left of the letter that you meant to press. I don't know if I would call it redundant, necessarily, because the patch doesn't replace the functionality of ACE. After looking at the patch, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to install it, even if you've been using ACE for a while now. I'd say go ahead and install it, and if you find words autocorrecting in a way that you don't like, use ACE to delete those specific corrections. That's just my opinion, however, so if anyone has a different opinion, speak up!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I sent it your way...
    hello mr. rhong, sorry to bother you but i never have received that email did you get it to the right address sir??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I, too, just downloaded the demo through WQI to find it not working.

rhong, I'm sending you a PM asking for help.
    I just payed for the app and recieved my email saying the payment has been sent, now what, i have to registration email or any other instructions. please let me know what needs to come next.
    Can this app disable the Auto-Correct altogether? I hate the Auto-Correct feature! It's always trying to correcting names, codes and shorten versions of words. So I would rather just remove everything from within the feature.
  9.    #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Can this app disable the Auto-Correct altogether? I hate the Auto-Correct feature! It's always trying to correcting names, codes and shorten versions of words. So I would rather just remove everything from within the feature.
    You can essentially clear the dictionary file altogether to stop autocorrection. AutoCorrect Edit will make the dictionary file accessible on your USB drive, and then you can edit the file and clear out all entries, so yeah, that's one way you can use this app.
  10.    #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfarris View Post
    I just payed for the app and recieved my email saying the payment has been sent, now what, i have to registration email or any other instructions. please let me know what needs to come next.
    Hey jrfarris, I just sent you an email a bit ago on the next steps. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Is there a relationship between ACE and the patch "3000 Autoreplace Words?" In other words, can they co-exist? I can't seem to load the patch and the only thing I can think of is a conflict with ACE. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!
  12.    #592  
    Quote Originally Posted by discdoc View Post
    Is there a relationship between ACE and the patch "3000 Autoreplace Words?" In other words, can they co-exist? I can't seem to load the patch and the only thing I can think of is a conflict with ACE. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!
    I meant to respond earlier... The 3000 Autoreplace words patch likely just replaces the autocorrection dictionary with a new dictionary which has 3000 words in it. They can't really co-exist together, but I can help users get the 3000 words working, along with ACE installed, if needed.

ACE places the dictionary file in the user accessible area of the device's USB drive and has the device refer to the new dictionary location. The patch will overwrite the dictionary in the original spot. AutoCorrect Edit users who install the patch may notice that AutoCorrect Edit may not work after the patch is installed and even uninstalled.
    Tried to use the Demo version for this, but never worked. Just a real quick question, I have the 3,000 auto correct patch installed and it may be the issue, but everytime I try and type "****" it always changes it to "shot" can this program help with this? I will surely purchase it just for that word it's annoying.
  14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
    Tried to use the Demo version for this, but never worked. Just a real quick question, I have the 3,000 auto correct patch installed and it may be the issue, but everytime I try and type "****" it always changes it to "shot" can this program help with this? I will surely purchase it just for that word it's annoying.
    When you install ACE, it should preserve your 3,000 auto correct patch dictionary. Then you can use the app to remove the **** to shot entry, activate changes, and then you'll be good to go.

Here's the issue with the patch: I believe that your device will still consider the 3,000 word patch as installed, so if you ever uninstall it, or run the auto-update patch technology, it will "clear" out your dictionary file with the default Palm one. If that happens, you should be able to just activate changes within ACE again (which restarts), and then your 3000 word dictionary without the shot autoreplacement entry will be restored.

(Kind of hard to understand, but if you're unsure, just email me. You'll get my email address upon purchase.)

Good question. Thanks.
    When you install ACE, it should preserve your 3,000 auto correct patch dictionary. Then you can use the app to remove the **** to shot entry, activate changes, and then you'll be good to go.

Here's the issue with the patch: I believe that your device will still consider the 3,000 word patch as installed, so if you ever uninstall it, or run the auto-update patch technology, it will "clear" out your dictionary file with the default Palm one. If that happens, you should be able to just activate changes within ACE again (which restarts), and then your 3000 word dictionary without the shot autoreplacement entry will be restored.

(Kind of hard to understand, but if you're unsure, just email me. You'll get my email address upon purchase.)

Good question. Thanks.
    Won't a backup (and restore backup) be necessary before one reactivates changes?
    --I'm unsure as I don't use the patch, I swear that patch lags the device.

rhong:

- Do you have an updated version that brings up AutoCorrectEdit via a universal search of 'ace'?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  16.    #596  
    Hi all,

In case any of you registered users are wondering how ACE works with the new WebOS 1.4 update...

- No need to uninstall before updating to WebOS 1.4
    - After updating, just execute "Activate Changes" within AutoCorrect Edit and have it restart you Pre. All of your shortcuts should become active once again.
    - It works as expected, as far as I can tell.

Let me know if you do run into trouble, though.

Thanks!
    Installed ACE via WOSQI twice (once before 1.4 upgrade, once after). Neither time could I get it to work. Nothing happens upon attempting to activate changes. Dialogue box comes up, but then no restart or activation. Not sure what other info would be helpful for any troubleshooters. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Hi all,

In case any of you registered users are wondering how ACE works with the new WebOS 1.4 update...

- No need to uninstall before updating to WebOS 1.4
    - After updating, just execute "Activate Changes" within AutoCorrect Edit and have it restart you Pre. All of your shortcuts should become active once again.
    - It works as expected, as far as I can tell.

Let me know if you do run into trouble, though.

Thanks!
    Noticed this AM that ACE was not working, followed your instructions and is now working just fine, thanks for the heads up.
    i just tried to load this app Rick and it is saying file not found?? any ideas why? i waited until after this update to load this back on my phone and then i had issue after the update and now my phone is working but this app is not loading using your directions
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    Failed to download installation file.
    root@palm-webos-device:

here is the error i got Rick
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 03/02/2010 at 06:04 AM. Reason: sorry Rick
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη