Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    very cool good work. would love to test if from a perspective of someone coming in without being part of the whole process. I am pretty darn good with feedback trouble shooting and helping support others if needed. let me know you are welcome to shoot me a pm or email... akop87 at gmail .com
    MatterOfFactJack
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Please work hard on figuring out a work-around for this problem. I don't want to root my Pre, please work hard on making an SDK version.
    I'm trying to make the installation as simple as possible. I'm looking into multiple methods of installation, although 85% of my testers have not had installation issues.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    If the only thing holding you back from rooting your Pre is that you don't want to risk doing something to your Pre, I would be glad to help you half step by half step on rooting your Pre. If you do just PM me. It really isn't that hard, I keep wanting to say that it's so easy a caveman can do it but they can type. All you need is know how to use a mouse and keyboard. (oh, and have internet connection!)
    That's what I love about these forums, everyone's so helpful. Thanks guys.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks I installed it with no problem. I really look forward to its potential. Being an educator and using my Pre quite a bit, it is embarrasing to send an email to my teachers and it have typos. So thanks for the app.

Had to read more posts to see that everytime you add a word you have to restart. I was setting up some shortcuts and trying them in my email but nothing happened. I agree with the other post, we really need to be able to see the words in the file already. Do duplicate entries stay in the database? Also I noticed when I put SM for Sunrise McMillian it didn't change over but when I added thise for this it worked and it didn't matter about the case of the words. I also notice preferences and help are not available.
    You're welcome, happy to create the app for you all.

Seeing the last words added to the file might be my next feature addition.

Duplicates won't occur. I delete before I add.

I just tested adding sm for Sunrise McMillian.
    I also added SM for Sunrise McMillian. Both work for me.
    I have a slightly updated app, as I've enhanced and corrected some things.

Can one of the other testers please step in and see if your additions of sm and SM for Sunrise McMillian work? Thanks everyone.

I haven't had a chance to modify preferences or add a help screen yet... I'll get to that at some point.
    When I add only sm - Sunrise McMillian it will change it to Sunrise McMillian in ether capital or lower case.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I cant IM because I dont have enough posts. I can be reached at gggflyer a-t g-m-a-i-l.com.

thanks a million
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    So how will we remove this app when we are done?
    With 1.1 upgrade it resets the auto correct file the app upgrades. The app work fine, just have to add everything again...
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    So how will we remove this app when we are done?
    Just delete the app files from the /opt/ directory.
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Just delete the app files from the /opt/ directory.
    But what do I need to type into terminal, I'm still pretty new when it comes to linux commands
  11.    #51  
    With 1.1 upgrade it resets the auto correct file the app upgrades. The app work fine, just have to add everything again...
    Hi all, I haven't upgraded to 1.1 yet. So the recommendation, Rennat, is to make a backup of your autocorrect file first, so you can restore your modified entries after the upgrade?

BTW, if you're Unix savvy, AutoCorrect Edit adds and modifies entries to the end of the file so that you can find your modifications/additions easily. I purposely did not re-sort the dictionary file. Not sure that the sorting would speed things up, but it works without sorting, and makes cases like this restoring of your entries easier to handle.
    Originally Posted by mamouton:
    . . .Had to read more posts to see that everytime you add a word you have to restart. I was setting up some shortcuts and trying them in my email but nothing happened. I agree with the other post, we really need to be able to see the words in the file already. Do duplicate entries stay in the database? Also I noticed when I put SM for Sunrise McMillian it didn't change over but when I added thise for this it worked and it didn't matter about the case of the words. I also notice preferences and help are not available.
    Actually, you don't have to reset after every word. You just have to reset to get the words to take affect. I went on the web for text acronyms and added 10 before I reset. All of them work.

Rhong, I love the app. Thank you so much for creating it. Right now I'm using it as a short-cut feature. It gives back the short-cut option that previously existed in PalmOS.

How long will it be in beta test, through PM, instead of Homebrew? If you were able to help me install it, you're ready for primetime. I think people will be clamoring for this app once it's out there and they know the potential. You may want to call it AutoEntry-Short cut App so that people don't get it confused with the Autoreplace dictionary that people are using (which takes a lot more resources from your Pre).

I'm adding some more words today and then I'll probably become an sms and e-mail fiend.

For upgrades, I think you and everyone has already mentioned them.
    1)The ability to add w/o reset
    2) To be able to view the shortcuts or words that you've added.
    3) A date stamp (the Palm OS allowed you to enter ds for today's date).

Aside from that, can you try to write a text completer app? Much the same as TextPlus or WordLogic apps?

Anyway, love the app and thanks again for all your hard work.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    But what do I need to type into terminal, I'm still pretty new when it comes to linux commands
    I've emailed current beta testers the un-installation instructions. Check your email. Since the Pre considers this app as a stock-installed app, it can't be removed by standard means at this time.
    id really like to see the option to search the auto correct file for a work, and then be able to edit/delete its auto correct option.
    Release this preeeeeez. Or just PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
    id really like to see the option to search the auto correct file for a work, and then be able to edit/delete its auto correct option.
    I may be able to implement this. I'd create a search button, and if found, then it populates the replacement field with the current replacement. If not found, it will report that nothing was found in the status area below.

The other option is to leave the first screen as-is (to keep it simple) and have a second screen with a test text area to test entries. (This test area would be especially nice once we figure out how to load the new dictionary into memory without rebooting.)

Comments anyone?
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Rhong, I love the app. Thank you so much for creating it...
    You're welcome. Thanks for the kind words.

How long will it be in beta test, through PM, instead of Homebrew? If you were able to help me install it, you're ready for primetime. I think people will be clamoring for this app once it's out there and they know the potential.
    I'm kinda conservative. I'd like to release but want to play it safe. People have been giving me positive feedback, and I haven't heard any major show stoppers. I haven't heard any bugs yet either, just recommended enhancements. Maybe I'll release this week.

You may want to call it AutoEntry-Short cut App so that people don't get it confused with the Autoreplace dictionary that people are using (which takes a lot more resources from your Pre).
    Actually, I'm using the autoreplace (or autocorrect) dictionary to implement this application. It serves both purposes, creating shortcuts (which is how I use it) and for correcting spelling. I'm going to remove the dictionary entries from my Pre because I have good spelling and the dictionary replacements have burned me of late. I use it 90% of the time for shortcut entries. I leave it always running so I can add entries quickly. It isn't a memory hog, and has a puny application footprint.

This would be tough as I mentioned, I'm exploiting the autoreplace dictionary file of static values, and not replacing on the fly.

Aside from that, can you try to write a text completer app? Much the same as TextPlus or WordLogic apps?

Anyway, love the app and thanks again for all your hard work.
    I'll have to consider what else to write. This application should keep me busy for a while. Thanks again.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Release this preeeeeez. Or just PM me.
    Sent you a PM.
    Request by bdhu2001 View Post

Answer by rhong:
    This would be tough as I mentioned, I'm exploiting the autoreplace dictionary file of static values, and not replacing on the fly.

I knew the ds was far-reaching. I just thought I'd through it in there. In the meantime, I'm using abbreviations for days and months and that's working fine. Thanks again for the great app.
  20.    #60  
    Hi all, AutoCorrect Edit is now available for all.
    Thanks. Comments welcome!
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast