Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    As Shadowcat said, you're paying for convenience here really, as it isn't strictly necessary. It's extremely handy to be able to pop into the app to add a new shortcut if you find yourself typing the same words over and over again in messages, or if you find yourself continually mistyping something, rather than to have to remember what it was that you wanted to add to the dictionary and then hook up the Pre to your PC and edit the file manually when you have the time.
    Had reset problems and cannot remember how to install the paid version. I found a link in an old email and pasted it as instructed but nothing seems to happen. Should I delete the trial version first? Can you resend instructions?
    Laissez Faire
  3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Had reset problems and cannot remember how to install the paid version. I found a link in an old email and pasted it as instructed but nothing seems to happen. Should I delete the trial version first? Can you resend instructions?
    I just resent instructions to your PayPal email address. No need to delete trial version.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I just resent instructions to your PayPal email address. No need to delete trial version.
    Thanks. Everything works. Remarkably quick response.
    Laissez Faire
    I just installed ACE but cant get any corrections to work. I input the shortcut and the replacement word, hit add/modify and then reset my pre but when i type the shortcut after the reset, it does not work. Am I doing something wrong?
  6.    #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by friesstyle View Post
    I just installed ACE but cant get any corrections to work. I input the shortcut and the replacement word, hit add/modify and then reset my pre but when i type the shortcut after the reset, it does not work. Am I doing something wrong?
    Did install using WebOS Quick Install? Would you like to test install via Preware?
    I did install with Quick Install. I do have preware so I could try installing it that way.
  8.    #568  
    I did install with Quick Install. I do have preware so I could try installing it that way.
    I have to give you special instructions. Please pm me.
    I am having the same problem. I installed through WebOSQuickInstall
    Instructions were clear and everything is working great. I'm certain this will be the most used app I have. Well worth the money.

Thank you!
    ACE is not working for me either. I installed using WOQI, added some entries, then did the "Activate Changes" option. When prompted to do a quick restart, I touched OK, but nothing happened. So I exited the app and did a Luna restart. After that, my shortcuts did not work. I also tried a device restart, to no avail.
    I have a Pre Plus on VzW and ACE Demo V1.1.0.
    the demo does not work correctly not to mention its only a 3 day demo. The paid for version work like a charm.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the demo does not work correctly not to mention its only a 3 day demo. The paid for version work like a charm.
    I believe he's right about the demo version not currently working right, but if you don't want to buy before trying, you should PM Rick (the dev) because I think he's got a demo version that he's working on and needs people to try it out. If you don't mind being a tester, that is.
    Ditto. I bought the paid version, but I don't know how to register it yet. Really looking forward to this app, because it was a much-used feature on my Blackberry.
    Yes, have no fear... this app is definitely worth 10x the price! Thanks Rick for helping to plug some of the Pre's holes.

ACE, Mailing Lists, and LaunchPoint are the 3 apps everyone deserves to get!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Rick,

An early adopter not only of ACE, but of the Pre (bought mine the second week available) I had the misfortune of getting a device whose screen began to spontaneously crack after 7 months. When Sprint agreed to replace it for free, I had mixed emotions, because I knew their backup system didn't include homebrew apps like your wonderful ACE. I tried following the linux command instructions you sent me when I first purchased ACE, using WebOS QuickInstall and got an error message (Page Not Found) and don't know if this just won't work because the link is expired or because the serial # is different on my replacement Pre). Any assistance would be appreciated and if you want me to pay again that's fine. Just let me know.

Thanks,
    Alan Schwartz
    <----Had to type that out because I am, alas without ACE
  17.    #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkshrink View Post
    Rick,

An early adopter not only of ACE, but of the Pre (bought mine the second week available) I had the misfortune of getting a device whose screen began to spontaneously crack after 7 months. When Sprint agreed to replace it for free, I had mixed emotions, because I knew their backup system didn't include homebrew apps like your wonderful ACE. I tried following the linux command instructions you sent me when I first purchased ACE, using WebOS QuickInstall and got an error message (Page Not Found) and don't know if this just won't work because the link is expired or because the serial # is different on my replacement Pre). Any assistance would be appreciated and if you want me to pay again that's fine. Just let me know.

Thanks,
    Alan Schwartz
    <----Had to type that out because I am, alas without ACE
    Hi all. I've been taking care of an emergency these past couple days so I may have responded to your emails slower than usual. I hope to get to generating registered versions and regenerating for replaced PrPrPr&#$275$;$s$ $tonight$.

For those who need replacement copies of AutoCorrect Edit, please forward me the documentation I requested via email.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
    hey Rick I reset my phone do to patch hell and now I need to know how to get ace back please
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19.    #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey Rick I reset my phone do to patch hell and now I need to know how to get ace back please
    Please refer to your PayPal email address where I sent you the registration instructions. If you can't find it, I can email it to you later.
  20.    #580  
    I'd like to report that AutoCorrect Edit seems to be working on the new PrPrPr&#$275$; $Plus$ $on$ $Verizon$ $networks$. $Thanks$ $to$ $help$ $from$ $one$ $of$ $the$ $forum$ $admins$ $over$ $at$ SmartDeviceResource Forum - Index.

Cool.