Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1.    #521  
    Hi all,

I've also now updated to 1.3.5. The easiest way to just get all your changes back is to open up ACE and execute the "Activate Changes" menu item to do a quick (luna) restart of your device. That should cause your previous autocorrection dictionary entries to become active again. If this doesn't work, I'll work with you offline to determine the issue. You may email me for support. PM me if you lost my email. Thanks.
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    rhong...I just updated to 1.3.5 and ACE works great however, I definitely noticed a small delay of 2-3 secs in opening of an email with ACE restored vs. prior to restoring it. Is there anything you can suggest to shorten this delay in opening an email with ACE loaded?
    I don't have this issue. My emails are loading as quickly as they were with 1.3.1. The delay occurs when the autoreplacement dictionary is too large. I believe a file 750k and under is acceptable performance-wise, but I guess tweaks in WebOS could change that file size threshold.

My dictionary file is a measly 54k. I use it primarily for shortcuts, not spelling errors (since I can decently spell my entire vocabulary of words).

I know that this post doesn't help you whatsoever, and I'm not trying to dismiss the delay you're experiencing. Are any other users experiencing this after updating?
  3.    #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    If you wanted to save your entries to your computer... I believe (as I'm not the developer) just connect via usb mode and copy the ACE folder to your computer.
    Thanks MLJones8.

If you just want to save your current dictionary file, copy the following file off to a disk on a PC or USB Drive, CD, DVD, etc.: [PreDrive]:\AutoCorrectEdit\text-edit-autoreplace

(Where PreDrive is the drive that shows up when you hook up your device to your computer using a USB cable and setting the device up in USB Drive Mode.
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by discdoc View Post
    Chizler... thanks, but that didn't work for me.
    I'll work with you via email. You can report your status here later as we get you back up and running.
    hey rick, I had to get a new Pre so I need instructions on how to download A.C.E. Using webosQI or can you send me another copy.... mracer29@yahoo.com
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    hey rick, I had to get a new Pre so I need instructions on how to download A.C.E. Using webosQI or can you send me another copy....
    Emailing you...
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Rick: I am entering text in each field, hitting add/modify, then selecting Activate Changes. I get a dialog for Execute Quick Reboot? and hit OK, then nothing happens. Shortcuts added don't work. What should I do to troubleshoot?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    Rick: I am entering text in each field, hitting add/modify, then selecting Activate Changes. I get a dialog for Execute Quick Reboot? and hit OK, then nothing happens. Shortcuts added don't work. What should I do to troubleshoot?

Thanks.
    Strange.

I just tried the same thing: it paused about 1-2 seconds, then did a Luna reboot. So working just fine for me (I LOVE this program!).

9.    #529  

Thanks.
    What is your locale set to? Is it English / United States?
    If not, the demo doesn't work right just yet. I actually have the international demo working but haven't tested it to my satisfaction yet. Let me know and we'll work it out.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    What is your locale set to? Is it English / United States?
    If not, the demo doesn't work right just yet. I actually have the international demo working but haven't tested it to my satisfaction yet. Let me know and we'll work it out.
    Thanks for your quick response. Regional Preferences are set to English / United States.

Thanks.
    I get the same thing. I did not have it loaded prior to 1.3.5.
    Do new entries obey grammar rules? For example if I set 'y' to mean 'yes' will it always force lower case 'yes' or will it dynamically change to 'Yes' if preceded by a full stop (or period as you guys across the pond like to call them)?
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I get the same thing. I did not have it loaded prior to 1.3.5.
    I have the same scenario. Additionally, I do not see a [PreDrive]:\AutoCorrectEdit\text-edit-autoreplace folder.

Lastly, I'm most likely paying up, if it can be made to work. LOVED TextPlus on my last 17 PalmOS devices. ACE is as close as I've seen so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    I have the same scenario. Additionally, I do not see a [PreDrive]:\AutoCorrectEdit\text-edit-autoreplace folder.

Lastly, I'm most likely paying up, if it can be made to work. LOVED TextPlus on my last 17 PalmOS devices. ACE is as close as I've seen so far.
    It's not located there which is why you can't find it. It's in /etc/palm/autoreplace which cannot be accessed by USB mode. You need to use the command line/terminal.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Ahh... I was hoping it'd be something easy.

I see two files (via Internalz on my Pre) named text-edit-autoreplac... in /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/ One is 304kb, the other is 45kb.

As I'm already in over my head, I'll have to wait for advice/guidance on what to do. Sorry for the probably dumb question, but how do I use the command line/terminal? Ultimately, I'd just like the app to work. Thanks in advance.
    Rick -I was really looking forward to using ACE on my Pre. I installed it and launched the program, then created a few auto complete terms. I activated them as instructed but they don't work either in my messaging program or email program. I am new to homebrew this week. I am on WebOS version 1.3.5.1. I launched Luna Mgr. also but that didn't change anything. If I can get this working I'll definitely purchase as I used a similar program on past Treos and BB's. Can you help me? - Thanks, Willy
    i have the same problem as willyiam

install with WebOS QI
    program says demo (not expired)
    made some changes
    hit activate now and luna restarted a couple of times
    my new change dont work
    however they default dictionary does change(like u change to you) but any new correction dont seem to save, program doesnt seem to work
    help

i JUST doctored to 1.3.5.1, fresh phone
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    It's not located there which is why you can't find it. It's in /etc/palm/autoreplace which cannot be accessed by USB mode. You need to use the command line/terminal.
    That's not entirely accurate. Yes, the original autocorrect file is located in /etc/palm/autoreplace, and yes, that location is not accessible via USB mode. However, the AutoCorrectEdit app redirects the original file to one that is, indeed, located in /media/internal/AutoCorrectEdit, otherwise known as the USB drive. If you are not seeing a folder called AutoCorrectEdit in the USB drive of your Pre, then AutoCorrectEdit is not correctly installed on your device.

Having said that, I have also been having problems with ACE ever since I updated to 1.3.5.1. ACE has worked beautifully for me ever since I bought it, and continued to work after I updated to 1.3.1, and I think it even still worked after 1.3.5. I believe it's just 1.3.5.1 that's broken it. After that update, when I would try to "Activate Changes", nothing would happen, and I also noticed that I didn't have an AutoCorrectEdit folder on my USB drive. I followed the instructions that I received from Rick when I moved from the demo version to the paid version and re-downloaded the ACE app. Now I have an AutoCorrectEdit folder, and when I Activate Changes, my phone does a luna restart and everything seems like it's working as it should; however, when I try to use a shortcut, nothing happens. Upon further research, it looks like the shortcuts that I've entered into ACE are getting saved in the personalEntries.txt file on my USB drive, but they are not getting added to the text-edit-autoreplace file on my USB drive. If I edit that file manually and do a luna restart, then my shortcuts work. So it looks like the redirect from the original /etc/palm/autoreplace to /media/internal/AutoCorrectEdit is working just fine, but for some reason, the new shortcuts are not getting added.

Rick, I hope this helps you locate the problem. I love your program and miss it greatly. In the meantime, it's definitely much easier to edit a file on my USB drive when I want to make changes than it is SSH in and edit the original autoreplace file!
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Thanks Shadowcat.

Glad it wasn't just me screwing something up! :-)

Looking forward to this working too. More so because I'm tired of correcting what the stock autocorrect file thinks are mistakes. Ugh, what a pia.
  20.    #540  
    Sorry all, I've been away. Didn't notice there was forum activity.
    I'll get to answering peoples' questions soon. Thanks.