Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    yes the text that is under every icon in the launcher. True that if someone put it in the quick launch bar there would be no ''auto correct edit'' text, also that some people use the tweak to remove the icon titles. Not sure how many people use that tweak but, those people understand they are missing the text.

Either way I'm a retired superbike racer that sells exterior construction jobs, my limited artist skills are shot! Lol I have looked for some kind of icon I could change some but no luck.
    Ahh, hence the handle mracer29. Did you try google images? If the icon is simple enough, I may consider it. I'm looking for something simple. Thanks for the help everyone.
    How's this? It does say ACE at the top in whte, just cant see it here.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #463  
    I see it when I email it to me as an email attachment. Let me try it on my Pre!
  4.    #464  
    Hey mracer29, I really like it. Let me keep it on my Pre a couple days and make a decision. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Hey mracer29, I really like it. Let me keep it on my Pre a couple days and make a decision. Thanks!
    No prob! I guess I just had to get my CHI right...... whatever that means
    Made a few changes.....
    Hey Rick, I hace noticed that the icon title "AutoCorrectEdit" appears funny cause there is no spaces in the title. I think if you add a space between correct and edit, the "E" will move down with the "dit". Something to consider saying it is a program that corrects mis spellings

EDIT: I dont see this problem after I uninstalled the 4x4 icon patch
    version 3......
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I have a few questions..

1. What if I already have an entry for a shortened version and then enter that same shorter version with another correction. For example if I enter "c" correcting to "see" then reset the phone, then come back and enter "c" to correct to "yes" what will happen?

2. What does the "Activate changes" do in the menu?

3. "back up autocorrect entries" do in the menu?

4. "restore autocorrect entries" do in the menu

5. Why can't I do ne1 for anyone?
    Activate changes, activates the changes you have made by restarting luna.

Backup creates a back up file of your changes on your usb drive. (you should move a copy to your computer hard drive)

Restore replaces any of your changes in the event you have to doctor or replace your phone.

Not sure why you cant use 1 as a short cut.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Activate changes, activates the changes you have made by restarting luna.

Backup creates a back up file of your changes on your usb drive. (you should move a copy to your computer hard drive)

Restore replaces any of your changes in the event you have to doctor or replace your phone.

Not sure why you cant use 1 as a short cut.
    1. What about number one?

2. ok

3. ok

4. Can you give an example of how and when I would use restore? Can I only do this if I have the back up from 3?

5. Rick, Do you know why I can't do ne1?
    as for question 1 I believe the second entry would be the one that takes priority, so C would be ''yes''.

As for the restore, I ran the webos doc on my phone over the weekend, after I got done I placed my backup file back on the usb drive, started auti correct edit and hit restore.... All my entries were back.
  13.    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    I have a few questions..

1. What if I already have an entry for a shortened version and then enter that same shorter version with another correction. For example if I enter "c" correcting to "see" then reset the phone, then come back and enter "c" to correct to "yes" what will happen?

Thanks mracer for answering some of the questions in advance.

1) AutoCorrect Edit doesn't allow duplicates, so it first deletes the entry, then adds it to ensure it only exists once. Since some people bulk add over the USB drive, they may have multiple duplicates, so AutoCorrect Edit removes all duplicates prior to adding. More explicitly, the last entry thanks precedence.

(I'll answer more tomorrow. I don't want to half answer any of them and it's late... #5 is an AutoCorrect Edit bug - great catch - thanks!!!)
    Last edited by rhong; 11/05/2009 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Clarification.
    Hello,
    On my German Palm Pre, autocorrect does work with words built into the normal base, eg. "actualy" becomes "actually".

But all my own input does not work, including the scandinavain signs, like
    - aa / aaa for
    - oe for
    - ae for .

But also other words do not work.

What to to?

Kind regards,
    Anders Holt
  15.    #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post
    Hello,
    On my German Palm Pre, autocorrect does work with words built into the normal base, eg. "actualy" becomes "actually".

But all my own input does not work, including the scandinavain signs, like
    - aa / aaa for
    - oe for
    - ae for .

But also other words do not work.

What to to?

Kind regards,
    Anders Holt
    Anders, let me work with you offline. I still have to modify the app for international dictionaries. I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks.
  16.    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    I have a few questions..

Thanks mracer for answering some of the questions in advance.

1) AutoCorrect Edit doesn't allow duplicates, so it first deletes the entry, then adds it to ensure it only exists once. Since some people bulk add over the USB drive, they may have multiple duplicates, so AutoCorrect Edit removes all duplicates prior to adding. More explicitly, the last entry thanks precedence.
    2) The "Activate Changes" menu item activates the recent entries you added via AutoCorrect Edit (or via the USB Drive and a text editor). AutoCorrect Edit adds/edits/modifies entries to the autoreplacement dictionary, but those changes don't take effect until a restart of the device occurs and the new dictionary is loaded into memory for use. Turning the phone off and on, or selecting "Restart" from within the Device Info app will do this, but using the "Activate Changes" menu item executes a Luna Restart which is much faster than the other reset methods (only 45 seconds as opposed to 3+ minutes).

3) The "Backup AutoCorrect Entries" menu item saves off the current autoreplacement dictionary file to a backups folder. The latest backup can be restored. Reasons for restorations discussed later. One backup can be created per day, with subsequent backups within the same day overwriting the previous backup for that day.

4) The "Restore AutoCorrect Entries" menu item restores the latest backup available. This is useful under certain circumstances, like if you do an OTA (over-the-air) update of your WebOS Operating System from Palm and that update overwrites the autoreplacement dictionary with the default dictionary from Palm. Use the "Restore AutoCorrect Entries" menu item and it will pull your latest backup back onto the device, then you can "Activate Changes" and your entries will return up to the point that the latest backup was created. (Another situation to use this is if you are bulk adding entries manually via the USB drive / text editor entry method and your file becomes corrupt or unusable.)

5) You actually can use the "ne1" shortcut to auto-correct to "anyone". Thanks for finding this bug! For some reason, the 1 is being interpreted as a "!" which is strange considering on a standard keyboard, they could be mixed up, but on the Pre keyboard, they are associated with different keys (E and J). I'll have to fix this in the next update, but if you put ne1 in the shortcut field (disregard the error text) and anyone in the replacement field, add it, and "Activate Changes", it should auto-correct. (Side note, why choose ne1 as your shortcut, since that requires you to use the orange-key. I'd use nee, since the e and 1 key are the same, and have nee as the shortcut for anyone. This saves me from a key press.)

Thanks for reading. I'll be sure these blocks of text are in my AutoCorrect Edit PDF Manual which is in the works.
    Hey Rick, still rockin one of my icons??
  18.    #478  
    Hey Rick, still rockin one of my icons??
    Oh yeah, the icon is good with me. I think we'll go with your latest, if you're cool with that. It's grown on me as I've had it on my Pre.
    Oh yeah, the icon is good with me. I think we'll go with your latest, if you're cool with that. It's grown on me as I've had it on my Pre.
    That's cool! Its all yours!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Rick,
    I'm not sure what I did, but after installing the Demo, I made one input (hoping that capitalizations would work): "U | You". After activating the changes, I went to SMS and noticed that not only did that change not work, but none of my normal autocorrects were working (r|are; thats|that's; etc.)
    Any clue as to what I may have done and how I can at least get the default autocorrect dictionary back?

Thanks,
    Roy