Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 732
  1. #441  
    Maybe a little logo of a dictionary with the initials on top....Wikihow, fliq notes have a notebook/book with a pencil on top, something similar, but with initials, or an eraser on top as to imply the "correcting" part of the app. You follow me?
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Maybe a little logo of a dictionary with the initials on top....Wikihow, fliq notes have a notebook/book with a pencil on top, something similar, but with initials, or an eraser on top as to imply the "correcting" part of the app. You follow me?
    Ooh, this sounds like a great idea. Thanks so much for the suggestion. This is much better than any ideas I've considered. Anyone else care to join in the brainstorming?
  3. #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Ooh, this sounds like a great idea. Thanks so much for the suggestion. This is much better than any ideas I've considered. Anyone else care to join in the brainstorming?
    that sounds good
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4. #444  
    Thanks.
  5. #445  
    I made a new icon for A.C.E. Hope Rick dont mind I share it. I can change the blue circle to any color you might like just pm me. I also included an icon with no blue circle back ground, if you use that file make sure you rename it icon.png

    To install the file with webos QI use the send file option. Send file to...
    /var/usr/palm/applications/com.rickhong.app.autocorrectedit/


    Edit.. After trying both I like the no blue background icon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mracer29; 10/24/2009 at 03:00 PM.
  6. #446  
    I didn't even read the past few post, I just decided I wanted something different. Lol!
  7.    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I didn't even read the past few post, I just decided I wanted something different. Lol!
    Just goes to show that we're on the same page, and that the app needs an icon update. Nice work.
  8. #448  
    Rhong any updates on the new icon?
  9.    #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Rhong any updates on the new icon?
    I hadn't had time to work on it just yet. I'll be sure to have it updated for the next release. If you'd like help on getting one of the two icons already shared in the thread, I can help you get that on your Pre.
  10. #450  
    rhong,

    Here is my shot at the icon... Feel free to edit as you wish or to not use it. The image was from MS Office clip art... which I resized and modified the color (no idea what rights are attributed to it).

    Edit: I changed the name of the file... now you can download and directly push it to the ACE directory.

    - Also I would have loved to take the image further but that's out of my skill set, perhaps I could give it another attempt this weekend.

    Edit 2: I just realized I uploaded the version without a transparent background... Now the included .png is the one with a transparent background.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MLJones8; 10/26/2009 at 09:44 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  11. #451  
    How do I change the icon now, I put the blue plane, but want to change it, send the one mljones made to /var/usr/palm/applications/com.rickhong.app.autocorrectedit/ and it doesnt change, help.
  12. #452  
    mljones maybe tilt the words a little since the book is tilted and make them smaller? Very nice, thats the one I will use, as soon as i learn how to change it. : )
  13. #453  
    I got another idea I think will be cool. I'll try to put it togeather later today.
  14.    #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I got another idea I think will be cool. I'll try to put it togeather later today.
    Cool, thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    How do I change the icon now, I put the blue plane, but want to change it, send the one mljones made to /var/usr/palm/applications/com.rickhong.app.autocorrectedit/ and it doesnt change, help.
    You'll need to do a luna restart to get the app icon to update. Just use the "Activate Changes" menu item in ACE, or reboot the phone if that fails.
  15. #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Cool, thanks guys. I really appreciate it.



    You'll need to do a luna restart to get the app icon to update. Just use the "Activate Changes" menu item in ACE, or reboot the phone if that fails.
    None of the above have worked. Still have the plane with the blue back.
  16.    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    None of the above have worked. Still have the plane with the blue back.
    Did you rename the file to icon.png?
  17. #457  
    Here's my idea since I can't get it created....

    A machine looking thing, the A.C.E. Letters falling in the top. The bottom of the machine will be angled towards the edges of the 64x64 icon, making it look like the Auto Correct Edit icon title is popping out of the machine.

    What ya think rick?
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Here's my idea since I can't get it created....

    A machine looking thing, the A.C.E. Letters falling in the top. The bottom of the machine will be angled towards the edges of the 64x64 icon, making it look like the Auto Correct Edit icon title is popping out of the machine.

    What ya think rick?
    When you say AutoCorrect Edit icon title, do you mean the text underneath the icon that says AutoCorrect Edit? That text doesn't show up when the icon is one of the icons in the icon tray (although many of you don't use the icon tray and hide it using a tweak).

    I think the idea has merit. Let me consider for a bit longer.
  19. #459  
    I love this app. Just purchased it, thanks!
  20. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Thanks for commenting. I guess I want to catch the gist of what AutoCorrect Edit does like many other application icons do, but I don't know how to portray it simply. Anyone have ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    When you say AutoCorrect Edit icon title, do you mean the text underneath the icon that says AutoCorrect Edit? That text doesn't show up when the icon is one of the icons in the icon tray (although many of you don't use the icon tray and hide it using a tweak).

    I think the idea has merit. Let me consider for a bit longer.
    yes the text that is under every icon in the launcher. True that if someone put it in the quick launch bar there would be no ''auto correct edit'' text, also that some people use the tweak to remove the icon titles. Not sure how many people use that tweak but, those people understand they are missing the text.

    Either way I'm a retired superbike racer that sells exterior construction jobs, my limited artist skills are shot! Lol I have looked for some kind of icon I could change some but no luck.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions