Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
  1.    #381  
    Hi ACE users,

I created this thread below to help users explore and share their favorite ACE shortcuts. Check out my long list of quick shortcuts, and please add for the benefit of the community.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...y-entries.html
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    What about the program correcting with out me having to hit the space bar before sending? For example, if I write a one word response to someone like "tonite" I have to type out the word then hit space then hit send for it to correct it to "tonight".
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    What about the program correcting with out me having to hit the space bar before sending? For example, if I write a one word response to someone like "tonite" I have to type out the word then hit space then hit send for it to correct it to "tonight".
    Yes, it would be nice if hitting send would automatically invoke the space to cause the autocorrection.
    I just downloaded the demo yesterday and tried it this morning and my trial has already expired. I like the concept even though I haven't got it to work yet so I guess I'll take a chance for $5.

Will Quick Install remove all traces of the demo?
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusking View Post
    I just downloaded the demo yesterday and tried it this morning and my trial has already expired. I like the concept even though I haven't got it to work yet so I guess I'll take a chance for $5.

Will Quick Install remove all traces of the demo?
    I can work with you to get you a new demo working if you can wait a bit. I'll need to do some testing.

Installing the registered version will uninstall the demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I can work with you to get you a new demo working if you can wait a bit. I'll need to do some testing.

Installing the registered version will uninstall the demo.
    I think I get the gist of it. I'll go ahead and purchase it. Do I quick install the registered version too?
  7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    This is more of a hack for the Mail or Messaging application than a feature for AutoCorrect Edit.

My recommendation is to type "toni." then press send, which would autocorrect to "tonight." and then send.
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusking View Post
    I think I get the gist of it. I'll go ahead and purchase it. Do I quick install the registered version too?
    Nope, I feel the registered version is easier to install. Perhaps some other registered users can chime in.
    super EAZY!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Nope, I feel the registered version is easier to install. Perhaps some other registered users can chime in.
    super easy...took couple seconds!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i like this one...
    It would be great if you could use "jj" as a shortcut for ""!". It works but only if a space is before the entry i.e. you get "Wow !" but cannot generate "Wow!" this way.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Rick don't now if this is possible, i used to use this type of app on my BB to add different signatures and replies? is it at all possible to be able to get your app to do the following:

Enter "sig1" then the following would populate for example, great for emailing of course

Thank you

Stephen XXXXXXXXX
    cell: 201-###-####
    Last edited by sjjones; 10/17/2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Yes. That is exactly what I use it for. And other similar shortcuts. But, I am not sure if it will do a carriage return. Haven't tried that. What I do is:

zs = Stephen
    zx = XXXXXXXXXXX
    zsx = Stephen XXXXXXXXX
    zmp = 201-###-####
    i-phone, shmy-phone... I have a Pre!
    If I use the registered version of this program could I edit the "improved dictionary" option in webos quick install?
    Yes. You can edit any dictionary.
    i-phone, shmy-phone... I have a Pre!
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    If I use the registered version of this program could I edit the "improved dictionary" option in webos quick install?
    If WebOS Quick Install just loads in an improved dictionary, then yes, this will modify the improved dictionary.
  18.    #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    I also find that the shortcut is not working in the address line of gmail. Is it b/c I am starting the shortcut with the @ symbol?
    Sorry for the late reply. When declaring a field in a WebOS app, there is a "Password" textfield type. It is defined in such a way that these "Password" type textfields do not execute autocorrection.

Even normal textfields can be declared such that autocorrection isn't invoked. Two good examples are the ones in ACE. Both text fields don't allow you to use your shortcuts when you're entering the shortcut word or the replacement.

Another example is the Address field in the Contacts App. Autoreplacement isn't allowed because Palm must have declared this field to not execute this functionality here.
    Last edited by rhong; 10/24/2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Added Contacts App Address field as example.
  19.    #399  
    I have an international version of AutoCorrect Edit ready. Anyone interested who has a non-US PrPrPr&#$275$;, $or$ $know$ $someone$? $Please$ $PM$ $me$. $Thanks$.
  20.    #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    It would be great if you could use "jj" as a shortcut for ""!". It works but only if a space is before the entry i.e. you get "Wow !" but cannot generate "Wow!" this way.
    How about just replacing the shortcut "wow" with "Wow!"?