Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    looks very nice, hope to see this out soon for non private beta!

EDIT: Installed earlier today RHong. Works like a charm. You'r beta instructions to install was flawless. I did the changed that i told you about in the email

-wrls wireless
    -acc accessory
    -scp screenprotector
    -esp equipment service plan

rebooted and works like a charm. Just need a way to make these changes perminate without the need for a reboot! Thanks a lot for the app!
    Last edited by TMed_ATL; 07/19/2009 at 06:14 PM.
    SCK Manager
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    looks very nice, hope to see this out soon for non private beta!
    The beta testing isn't really that restrictive. Are you interested in trying it out? PM me.
    So this app will always require rooting? Or what will it take to make it available using only the SDK install?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    So this app will always require rooting? Or what will it take to make it available using only the SDK install?
    This is hard to say. I don't know if Sprint will modify the restriction on the dictionary file. It is currently only editable by the superuser account. From my (limited) understanding, even if I were to package this to install via SDK, I don't think 3rd party apps will be authorized to write to the file.
    Thanks for allowing me to beta test !! Great app !! Works great

Must Have : Find a way to "reload" the autocorrect dictionary without having to reboot.

Would be nice : Include a script to allow replacement of the entire autocorrect dictionary with one of the ones posted user dimfeld.

Great work so far !!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Is this still a private beta? I would love to test it
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    Is this still a private beta? I would love to test it
    It's private, but not very restrictive. I private messaged you.
    This an awesome app! The installation instructions are so easy a caveman could do it! I have found NO bugs and it works very well. I have changed a very of different things such as 'ur' to 'your' and allot of the usual mistakes I make when typing (wrong buttons next to right buttons). I can't tell that it is a beta app because it works flawlessly. The only downsides that I can possibly even see are that you have to restart to activate the changes (which isn't that big of a deal to me) and you can delete the app (which I would never want to do anyway!).
    Overall, this a must have! I've been able to type much faster now that I don't have to worry about misspelled words!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I love this idea/app. Look forward to its progress.
    Rhong:

Upon release of this app will it include any of the lists discussed in the auto correct thread?

I'm tempted to load one of those word archives via linux access but, if your app will load one as well then I can hold out.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Rhong:
    Upon release of this app will it include any of the lists discussed in the auto correct thread?
    I'm tempted to load one of those word archives via linux access but, if your app will load one as well then I can hold out.
    I won't be including the lists discussed in the auto correct thread, but I plan on creating functionality to import files from remote (http) locations. I may even host the files myself. I don't think I'll have this functionality in all that soon. The first version is not likely to include this import capability.
    I would like to test. I cannot PM you because I do not have enough posts but if you could email me directions I would apri*****e it donramento at gmail dot com. thanks
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    This apps' a great start.. things that would make it better -
    1) we need to figure out how to have the pre re-read the autoreplace file without a reset
    2) backing up the file with option to restore if (and back out the last x changes)
    3) A way to search the file and check for a word already being there
    4) a way to 'import' an autoreplace file using this app (i.e. what the python script does - but with functionality/gui in this program if at all possible)
    5) if (1) can be done, then a text box to test out the changes (to just type)
    I would like to test and give feedback of this app as well, but i do not have enough posts to pm you.
    Fantastic App idea. Let me know if you need another tester. I'll do what I can to help.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrell.adam View Post
    Fantastic App idea. Let me know if you need another tester. I'll do what I can to help.
    Thanks. I'd be happy to include you. Please PM me.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    This is hard to say. I don't know if Sprint will modify the restriction on the dictionary file. It is currently only editable by the superuser account. From my (limited) understanding, even if I were to package this to install via SDK, I don't think 3rd party apps will be authorized to write to the file.
    Please work hard on figuring out a work-around for this problem. I don't want to root my Pre, please work hard on making an SDK version.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Please work hard on figuring out a work-around for this problem. I don't want to root my Pre, please work hard on making an SDK version.
    I'm very new to finally having the pre, but have been reading everything I can find on it for a while now. I've rooted mine and found it quite easy to do. Is there a reason you don't want to root your pre? (aside of the obvious, the app being run has the ability to do whatever it want's to now unprotected system files) It's your phone and if you simply just don't want to do it, that's perfectly valid! I was just curious if there was something I was missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    If the only thing holding you back from rooting your Pre is that you don't want to risk doing something to your Pre, I would be glad to help you half step by half step on rooting your Pre. If you do just PM me. It really isn't that hard, I keep wanting to say that it's so easy a caveman can do it but they can type. All you need is know how to use a mouse and keyboard. (oh, and have internet connection!)
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Thanks I installed it with no problem. I really look forward to its potential. Being an educator and using my Pre quite a bit, it is embarrasing to send an email to my teachers and it have typos. So thanks for the app.

Had to read more posts to see that everytime you add a word you have to restart. I was setting up some shortcuts and trying them in my email but nothing happened. I agree with the other post, we really need to be able to see the words in the file already. Do duplicate entries stay in the database? Also I noticed when I put SM for Sunrise McMillian it didn't change over but when I added thise for this it worked and it didn't matter about the case of the words. I also notice preferences and help are not available.
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast