Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 732
  1. #321  
    Thanks Rick,
    (Unique Transaction ID #4EK30200PP535930K)

    I look forward to my copy!
  2. #322  
    I have purchased the full version, but have not received an email with a registration code? Any help?

    Transaction ID 7N566664ST9022620
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by awhiteprevis View Post
    I have purchased the full version, but have not received an email with a registration code? Any help?

    Transaction ID 7N566664ST9022620
    Thanks for your purchase. I'm backlogged a bit in getting the registered versions out. Trying to catch up. I'll reply to the emails first. I'll also have to take some time to answer everyone's question soon.
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    Five bucks is WELL WORTH this sort of an app. Used it heavily on my Treo.


    I'm having a problem with the install via Preware, however. It tells me app was "probably installed". I hate getting that kind of message because I have no idea what kind of Linux feces is left behind when I uninstall it.

    So I tried to uninstall via Preware and of course it won't let me. WebOS Quick Install said it was unable to remove it as well, but then lo and behold when I looked on my Pre the app was gone.

    ... Should I be worried???
    yea me to?
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    So I tried to uninstall via Preware and of course it won't let me. WebOS Quick Install said it was unable to remove it as well, but then lo and behold when I looked on my Pre the app was gone.

    ... Should I be worried???
    Sorry you ran into this trouble. I'm updating the original post now to state that Preware Installation is not supported. Please only install via WebOS Quick Install. As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, an error may or may not show up, but it can be disregarded.

    I'll have to test with Preware to determine if I can support its installation.

    I'll be working with people individually whose installs quickly expired and are still interested in this application.

    Thanks.
  6. #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Sorry you ran into this trouble. I'm updating the original post now to state that Preware Installation is not supported. Please only install via WebOS Quick Install. As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, an error may or may not show up, but it can be disregarded.

    I'll have to test with Preware to determine if I can support its installation.

    I'll be working with people individually whose installs quickly expired and are still interested in this application.

    Thanks.
    thanks for the heads up.how do we uninstall from preware or dont worry about it?
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    thanks for the heads up.how do we uninstall from preware or dont worry about it?
    I actually had not tested with Preware. Only WOSQI, so I'll have to get back to everyone after some Preware tests. Thanks in advance for your patience.
  8. #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Sorry you ran into this trouble. I'm updating the original post now to state that Preware Installation is not supported. Please only install via WebOS Quick Install. As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, an error may or may not show up, but it can be disregarded.

    I'll have to test with Preware to determine if I can support its installation.

    I'll be working with people individually whose installs quickly expired and are still interested in this application.

    Thanks.
    I installed through Preware, seemed to work fine. I uninstalled through Preware. It removed the icon but still showed as being installed in Preware. I restarted the Pre and then went back into Preware and then uninstalled again and it removed fine.
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I installed through Preware, seemed to work fine. I uninstalled through Preware. It removed the icon but still showed as being installed in Preware. I restarted the Pre and then went back into Preware and then uninstalled again and it removed fine.
    thanks again.
  10. #330  
    Some questions. I am deciding if I will pay $5 for this. Does this program backup the autocorrect list to the media section of the usb drive so it can be backed up in case of a full restore? How does the purchase work? You send a registered version? How does this work in the future? I want to be able to put an updated program on my phone and it works and not play email tag for a new version. Or what if I break my Pre and get a new one will I still be able to use my copy of the program? Sorry to bother you about this, but I think as a user I need to know what to except. Thanks
  11.    #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Some questions. I am deciding if I will pay $5 for this. Does this program backup the autocorrect list to the media section of the usb drive so it can be backed up in case of a full restore? How does the purchase work? You send a registered version? How does this work in the future? I want to be able to put an updated program on my phone and it works and not play email tag for a new version. Or what if I break my Pre and get a new one will I still be able to use my copy of the program? Sorry to bother you about this, but I think as a user I need to know what to except. Thanks
    Hey pjjohn,

    This program allows you to edit the autocorrect dictionary using your USB drive. It creates an AutoCorrectEdit folder in your drive, where you can modify the dictionary. A backups folder also is created, and you can use a backup menu item to create backups via the app.

    Currently, you can restore the latest backup. I'll be updating it to backup previous revisions in the future, although I don't know why you wouldn't want the latest. Yes, if you copy the backup off to another drive, then if you get a new Pre, or do a full restore, you can get all entries from your backup back on your cleared device.

    Upon purchase, I send an ipk registered specifically to your Pre's serial number (which is why I request it during the PayPal purchase). If you get a new device, I will work with you to get it working on your new device.

    Hope this clears things up.
  12. #332  
    rhong,

    If you backup the dictionary to your PC, can you edit the dictionary with something like notepad so you could make many changes at once then reload it?
  13.    #333  
    Yes, that's precisely why I created the feature. The app allows for inputting one shortcut or spelling correction at a time. The file on the USB drive allows you to put in hundreds, or, you get the point. I think Notepad will not display it properly, but some other text editors will work. We discussed this earlier in the thread. Please try to do a search for notepad or wordpad within this thread. Thanks!
  14. #334  
    I think I will find this app useful. I have sent my $5. Thanks rhong for this application and for the hard work. I think it important to mention that this application would not be easily used by most people without the use of WebOSQuickInstall or possibly Preware. So with that in mind I hope we all (users and the author of this app) does not forget to donate to them. Correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe we would have to "root" the Pre to install otherwise? Once again thanks to rhong for this application.

    Edit: Unless I am mistaken I now do not have the Palm Pre Dictionary, it seems I only have the few words I entered. I thought this edit/added to the Palm Pre Dictionary. Am I doing something wrong?

    Edit: I pulled the original dictionary off the Pre and merged it with mine. Works well now. Even if I can pull the Pre dictionary myself, this app is still useful to be able to edit on the fly.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 10/14/2009 at 06:43 AM.
  15. #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Yea it's easy, PM me for details.
    could you pm me the details too? I just want to add 8 shortcuts to my dictionary, not worth $5
  16. #336  
    Hi rhong,

    I love your app here is the Transaction ID: 4UC065770V2003211

    Please let me know if you need more info in order to get my copy!

    Thanks
  17. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #337  
    OK, I might be interested if I knew what in the heck was up. I'm not reading 17 pages trying to find the post that talks about how to get a non demo version. Update the first post with information on how to purchase the app, and maybe I will.
  18. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #338  
    is there a limit to the amount of characters and spaces that can be used for a "shortcut?

    Well worth the money if its anything like want i used on my BB

    Already purchased awaiting #IPK


    ** And too the negative posters if you don't want to buy it , don't, nobody is forcing you too? and why post that your not buying it are you bored?
  19. #339  
    I want to change "?!" and "!?" into "‽", but I can't.
  20. #340  
    I entered two new enteries, change "Pre" to "PrPrPr&#$275$;&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;$tlh$&$quot$; $to$ &$quot$;&#$63716$;&$quot$;.
    Neither of them worked. Am I doing something wrong? There's only two fields to fill, right?
    (And yes, my PrPrPr&#$275$; *$can$* $display$ $that$ $character$ $that$ $you$'$re$ $not$ $able$ $to$ $display$.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions