Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah same thing here...i ran the repair utility....then when everything was good...installed ACE and now it says that its expired...so wut do i do?
    The AutoCorrect Edit demo only allows you to install once. Subsequent installations will expire the installation immediately. If you're considering uninstalling before your trial is over, please be sure, because if you decide to install again, the demo will not function.

To uninstall, you should use WebOS Quick Install for uninstallation. Using the on-device Pre interface (orange key + app click or (Software) Preferences App) for uninstallation will leave custom service files behind which may affect installation of the registered version in the future.

As far as the registered version goes, it doesn't matter if your demo had expired or is still active. You should uninstall the demo using WOSQI, as mentioned above, however.

Thanks. I hope this isn't confusing.
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah same thing here...i ran the repair utility....then when everything was good...installed ACE and now it says that its expired...so wut do i do?
    Oh, and to answer your question, I sent you your registered version a little while ago. Thanks.
  3.    #303  
    Ok all, I think enough WebOS Quick Install testing has been done. The demo is ready for all. You will be able to download via the PreCentral.net Homebrew App Gallery soon. Once the app is approved, I'll provide a direct link here. Thanks.
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    file.... Directory...... Yea yea something like that. Prob the same error, I just didn't remember exactly it said.

is the purchase link up yet?
    I put up the purchase link in the first post. Thanks for your support.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I put up the purchase link in the first post. Thanks for your support.
    Thank you

Transaction ID: 5XG10766V3074552F
    The functionality to edit the dictionary is not worth five dollars to me. A donation system for this functionality would seem more appropriate than demanding payment. Perhaps my morals are in the wrong place.

Good luck with your work.
    I think the majority of users here are not using it so much to add to the dictionary, but to create shortcuts for longer strings. Such as typing "-em" would auto correct to "myreallylongemailaddress@myemaildomain.com"
    i-phone, shmy-phone... I have a Pre!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    First off i thought it was illegal to sell outside of the app store?

Also why would someone buy an app that needs to be used at there own risk? Shouldn't it be donations? No offense...just pointing it out.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Doh. I hadn't noticed this app was out there until this update. I got very excited at replacing my email address with a shortcut as I read the description. But sadly I can't think of nearly enough shortcuts to justify $5. I am curious what others use it for that make it worth $5. Maybe there are things I am not thinking of that would justify it.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Doh. I hadn't noticed this app was out there until this update. I got very excited at replacing my email address with a shortcut as I read the description. But sadly I can't think of nearly enough shortcuts to justify $5. I am curious what others use it for that make it worth $5. Maybe there are things I am not thinking of that would justify it.

Five bucks is WELL WORTH this sort of an app. Used it heavily on my Treo.

I'm having a problem with the install via Preware, however. It tells me app was "probably installed". I hate getting that kind of message because I have no idea what kind of Linux feces is left behind when I uninstall it.

So I tried to uninstall via Preware and of course it won't let me. WebOS Quick Install said it was unable to remove it as well, but then lo and behold when I looked on my Pre the app was gone.

... Should I be worried???
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    I'm sorry you feel this way.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Right, but what do you use it for in particular that makes it so worth it?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

I'm having a problem with the install via Preware, however. It tells me app was "probably installed". I hate getting that kind of message because I have no idea what kind of Linux feces is left behind when I uninstall it.

So I tried to uninstall via Preware and of course it won't let me. WebOS Quick Install said it was unable to remove it as well, but then lo and behold when I looked on my Pre the app was gone.

... Should I be worried???
    I am having the exact same problem.

-Rick
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    i had installed for about an hour and demo ran out. Hmm. Did not have time to check it out.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 10/13/2009 at 04:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Right, but what do you use it for in particular that makes it so worth it?
    Before the Quick Text feature was made available, I would have entire quick phrases that I would make up with basic text entries. Made sending standard SMS messages a breeze.

And hey if we can make this autocorrect dictionary a bit more powerful then it just may be worth getting for many people.

But again, the install/uninstall of this app doesn't seem to be very clean. This worries me.
    Ummm... $5?! really?!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    Ummm... $5?! really?!
    Really...[deleted]
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I JUST installed it from Preware, got excited and made a few shortcuts, and even said to myself "Whoa, this is awesome, I wonder if I could donate $1 or $2".

Turns out, when I click activate changes it says my demo is over and I can't even use it. Better yet, it costs $5 just to purchase the full version.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Anyone know how we can build our own list? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onesickvdub View Post
    I JUST installed it from Preware, got excited and made a few shortcuts, and even said to myself "Whoa, this is awesome, I wonder if I could donate $1 or $2".

Turns out, when I click activate changes it says my demo is over and I can't even use it. Better yet, it costs $5 just to purchase the full version.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Anyone know how we can build our own list? Thanks.
    Yea it's easy, PM me for details.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    The Pre could really use the ability to modify the dictionary, but I can't justify spending $5 on this app.. I suppose I'll wait for a cheaper alternative.