Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    The Device Management tool in WebOS Quick Install shows that I have version 0.0.2 of ACE Installer on my phone, and "About AutoCorrect Edit" on the Pre shows version 1.0.0. At this point, I don't remember how I installed these versions (I think it was through Quick Install). In any case, do I need to uninstall these to plug the security hole mentioned earlier? I got rid of command-line access on my phone in favor of Preware and Quick Install, so I'm not sure how I'd do it if I need to ssh in.
    use either preware or quick install to install terminal service and terminal app directly on to your pre comes in handy for stuff like that. if you dont feel like getting linux access back
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    use either preware or quick install to install terminal service and terminal app directly on to your pre comes in handy for stuff like that. if you dont feel like getting linux access back
    OK, thanks.

And will this code

mount -o rw,remount /
    ipkg remove org.webosinternals.services
    reboot

do the trick?
    Any updates on this app yet? I am dying to try it, but it is still unavailable due to a re-write...

Is it available now if I donate? Any guess on she the IPK install will be ready?
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    how do we remove the initial app as it was installed via your original post, which has been deleted.
    I will soon be writing a script you can run as root to uninstall all versions of the app, including webosinternals shell service. As for the (unsupported) ipk, I think you can just remove it through the Launcher's "List Apps..." menu option.
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I will soon be writing a script you can run as root to uninstall all versions of the app, including webosinternals shell service. As for the (unsupported) ipk, I think you can just remove it through the Launcher's "List Apps..." menu option.
    Removal instructions (one-liner script call) have been posted in the original post, and below...

Removal:
    Execute the command line below to remove all versions of AutoCorrect Edit, along with the webosinternals service...

Code:
    # Log in to your Palm Pre as the root  user.
    # Copy and paste the line below and run it when you are root...

wget -qO- http://rickhong.com/autocorrectedit/dist/uninst.php | /bin/sh
    Hey

I like Your site. It is interesting. Do You have RSS I want to add to my favorites.
    Let me know when it will be ready. Kee it UP.
    See You O <a href=http://www.szczecinhotel.skybit.pl/>Szczecin Hotel</a>
  7.    #247  
    Ok all, I'm back on this. With our old buddy Aonic's assistance, I have a version of AutoCorrect Edit working without the security issues of previous versions. It's using a custom service to operate. More info to come as we get closer to a re-release. Thanks.
    Ok all, I'm back on this. With our old buddy Aonic's assistance, I have a version of AutoCorrect Edit working without the security issues of previous versions. It's using a custom service to operate. More info to come as we get closer to a re-release. Thanks.
    thank god bro...thought you left me hangin! Lol good to kno ur back!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thank god bro...thought you left me hangin! Lol good to kno ur back!
    Somehow, I knew you'd be the first to reply. Thanks for your relentless support!
    Somehow, I knew you'd be the first to reply. Thanks for your relentless support!
    well I hope that's not bad..I've been waiting to try this out so yeah..I can't w8 to try it out...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I am so glad you're back! Let us know what we can do to help put this app into the hands of the Pre masses. I love this app and I thank you for it!
    Rick & Aonic! cant go wrong with that combo
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Rick & Aonic! cant go wrong with that combo
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

14.    #254  
    My coding is done. I'll be packaging up the ipk today. You ready to test it out for me, maxima2k53?
    My coding is done. I'll be packaging up the ipk today. You ready to test it out for me, maxima2k53?
    hell yeah you know I am!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I would be happy to test it too. Really missing this functionality from my old Treo days.
    hey i am here to!
    MatterOfFactJack
  18.    #258  
    Thanks everyone. I'm singling out maxima2k53 because he's already purchased! I'll reach out to you all soon, still working on it.
    Thanks everyone. I'm singling out maxima2k53 because he's already purchased! I'll reach out to you all soon, still working on it.
    i was just teasing you
    MatterOfFactJack
    I will be happy to buy it today if you give me a buy/donate link.