Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    FYI, after you PM'd me about the /var thing, I updated my ipk to install to /usr

Strangely, I too am now experiencing issues with modifying the autocorrect dictionary, lol
    I have the new version ready for distribution. Looking into packaging it up as an ipkg now. Thanks all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I have the new version ready for distribution. Looking into packaging it up as an ipkg now. Thanks all.
    so this will work with webOS quick install...no rooting required?
  3.    #183  
    Not just yet. It will though.
    Not just yet. It will though.
    oh ok so u let us know!
    So I downloaded this and used QuickInstaller and it does not work even after rebooting. I guess others have the same issue...will wait and see if there is an update. Thanks
    did anyone have any luck with this one on xp??
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...e-upgrade.html
    Installed using Preware -- does notwork. Any help?
    Laissez Faire
    I guess this won't apply now that it seems an ipkg is out for this but I've used this app and it is wonderful for adding words on the go but if I'm in the need of adding a lot of words, I've just been navigating to /etc/palm//etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/ and copying the text-edit-autoreplace to /media/internal and then unplugging and replugging the USB cable in, selecting "USB Drive" and editing the file in Wordpad, saving it, and then copying it back to /etc/palm//etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/. Still need to reboot though which sucks.
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moist View Post
    I guess this won't apply now that it seems an ipkg is out for this but I've used this app and it is wonderful for adding words on the go but if I'm in the need of adding a lot of words, I've just been navigating to /etc/palm//etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/ and copying the text-edit-autoreplace to /media/internal and then unplugging and replugging the USB cable in, selecting "USB Drive" and editing the file in Wordpad, saving it, and then copying it back to /etc/palm//etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/. Still need to reboot though which sucks.
    Hey Mr. Moist, I've solved the issue with this next release. I really hope to have it in everyone's hands this afternoon. The file will be editable from the USB drive in a folder called "AutoCorrectEdit" when you need to add lots of entries. Adding them conveniently one at a time is easily done from the app. Adding 20+ will be much easier via the file on the USB drive.

More info to come, but your request has already been implemented and is ready, just gotta get it released!
    Hey Mr. Moist, I've solved the issue with this next release. I really hope to have it in everyone's hands this afternoon. The file will be editable from the USB drive in a folder called "AutoCorrectEdit" when you need to add lots of entries. Adding them conveniently one at a time is easily done from the app. Adding 20+ will be much easier via the file on the USB drive.

More info to come, but your request has already been implemented and is ready, just gotta get it released!
    It has always been editable that way haha!!! That is what I was also doing when I didn't feel like rooting in. It is much easier that way but I'm trying to learn the whole mapping of where stuff is on the phone and all so I root and poke a lot. I don't know if someone has thought of this or knows this but you can use symbols such as @ or ( ) in the created entries if you edit it the USB way. I hate hitting the orange key for dates so I have shortcuts for all of them i.e. est-->1st, 1@th-->10th. I had to use 'test' for '31st' but that's ok since the latter is only a backspace away. I've also set up thing like myphone, myeml, myadd, and they all work great.
  11.    #191  
    It has always been editable that way haha!!! That is what I was also doing when I didn't feel like rooting in. It is much easier that way but I'm trying to learn the whole mapping of where stuff is on the phone and all so I root and poke a lot. I don't know if someone has thought of this or knows this but you can use symbols such as @ or ( ) in the created entries if you edit it the USB way. I hate hitting the orange key for dates so I have shortcuts for all of them i.e. est-->1st, 1@th-->10th. I had to use 'test' for '31st' but that's ok since the latter is only a backspace away. I've also set up thing like myphone, myeml, myadd, and they all work great.
    The @ symbol, as well as ( and ) are allowed via AutoCorrect Edit. It's delimiters that I restrict, like a comma.

BTW: I just released 1.0.5 for those who can root and install. Note: it's a demo, and expires in 5 days from installation. See the initial post for info.
  12.    #192  
    AutoCorrect Edit v1.0.5 is now released!

See the initial post for details.

Note: AutoCorrect Edit is now a demo, and will be available for purchase very soon. It expires after 5 days of usage. The dictionary reverts back to the state prior to installation once expired. The autoreplacement dictionary changes are preserved and will be restored for paid users.

New features:
    • Enter Key press on Replacement Word field executes Add/Modify Button press.
    • Activate Changes Menu Item does a quick reboot (~45 seconds) to activate newly added shortcuts.
    • Moves the autoreplacement dictionary to AutoCorrectEdit folder on USB drive for easy USB drive access.
    • Saves off personal entries to file for future restoration functionality (restore personal entries after dictionary load).
    • Installed to 3rd-party-app area for easy app deletion.
  13.    #193  
    This file was always editable when you root in, but now you can edit the file by plugging the Pre in and using USB mode. The file is in a folder called AutoCorrectEdit.
    AutoCorrect Edit v1.0.5 is now released!

See the initial post for details.

Note: AutoCorrect Edit is now a demo, and will be available for purchase very soon. It expires after 5 days of usage. The dictionary reverts back to the state prior to installation once expired. The autoreplacement dictionary changes are preserved and will be restored for paid users.

New features:
    • Enter Key press on Replacement Word field executes Add/Modify Button press.
    • Activate Changes Menu Item does a quick reboot (~45 seconds) to activate newly added shortcuts.
    • Moves the autoreplacement dictionary to AutoCorrectEdit folder on USB drive for easy USB drive access.
    • Saves off personal entries to file for future restoration functionality (restore personal entries after dictionary load).
    • Installed to 3rd-party-app area for easy app deletion.
    can we install via Preware?

edit: bc i installed ACE via Preware last night even after rebooting it still didnt get my changes
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    can we install via Preware?

edit: bc i installed ACE via Preware last night even after rebooting it still didnt get my changes
    I don't have a working ipk at this time. Still working on that. I would have released 1.0.5 yesterday, but tried to get the ipk working, and it delayed me a bit. This will be the next enhancement (to get a working ipk install).
    I don't have a working ipk at this time. Still working on that. I would have released 1.0.5 yesterday, but tried to get the ipk working, and it delayed me a bit. This will be the next enhancement (to get a working ipk install).
    awesome alright so the ipk will be on the next update or the 1.0.5 will be soon or whenever compatible thru ipk?

This file was always editable when you root in, but now you can edit the file by plugging the Pre in and using USB mode. The file is in a folder called AutoCorrectEdit.
    Yea. That file was always there and available for opening and editing when using USB is what I was saying. I've been using it for the past couple of weeks when I didn't want to root in.
    OK, so this is coming out soon on Preware? Awesome, I think this is a must have!!
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    awesome alright so the ipk will be on the next update or the 1.0.5 will be soon or whenever compatible thru ipk?
    Gonna work on the ipk installation before I add any more functionality updates.

First things first though, I gotta set up the purchase link. Otherwise it will expire and people won't be able to make mods to their dictionaries through the app (or USB drive).
    Gonna work on the ipk installation before I add any more functionality updates.

First things first though, I gotta set up the purchase link. Otherwise it will expire and people won't be able to make mods to their dictionaries through the app (or USB drive).
    Alright no problem...update us when the link is ready