Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Me likey. Let's keep this one going.
    Great app. Thanks
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Nice work. Looking forward to the updates. Thank You.
    adsllc,

This has just jumped to the top of the list as a favorite application!

You have done the radar exactly right.
    • It is full screen
    • It loads and runs fast
    • It has great animation

Hello, Accuweather app people: Yoohoo! This is how weather radar is supposed to work.

The shrink/zoom pinch gestures would be fun.
    Using location services would also be fun.

For the constant running thing, as a workaround, you you just stop it after a default time of say 1 minute. Then stop the screen on the most recent image to that point and put up a button that says Refresh. Let the user pick their own default time of 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3, 4, or 5.

If you can do the automatic stop that would be better but still offer the small Refresh button option, please.

Would it be worth mentioning in the About that this is the most recent official NOAA radar?

Do you want to add a way to get a forcast for a zip or city? Then you have a full weather app.

Again, Thank you!

- Craig
    This looks good. Will install.
    Lightning strike data would be my request. Its hard to find period but they don't seem to have trouble showing it on the news which means they obviously have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Fantastic! It works perfectly! Now if we could just get some freakin' RAIN down here in South Texas, I'll be able to track the storms!

Thanks!!!
    Woohoo looks like we're actually getting a little this weekend! lol
    Great start. I hope to see a zoom capability when possible.
    I notice that you can only scroll horizontal or vertical, not diagonally. It would be nice to be able to drag diagonally. Also, zooming as stated in previous posts.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Fantastic! It works perfectly! Now if we could just get some freakin' RAIN down here in South Texas, I'll be able to track the storms!

Thanks!!!
    could not agree more
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Your todo list sounds good. Excellent job so far. This is by far probably one of the most desired apps (to me) for the pre since animated gifs don't work (hint hint hint palm).

One suggestion I have is give the user the choice of radar to connect to such as kamx. That way the user is not totally limited by the pixilation that plagues the radar.weather.gov images. The reason for that is there so far simply not enough computer resources on their part to blend images of many different and varying time stamps at high resolution in real time). I'm a weather weenie and would love that drill down ability. You could make a fly out pull down list or something since there is only about 150 radars in the US.

If you need help with the dir structure I can help some. I'm willing to try, but while I have programming experience, I don't know jsjsjs $very$ $well$.

Good job.
    Last edited by talsair; 07/19/2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by talsair View Post
    This is by far probably one of the most desired apps (to me) for the pre since animated gifs don't work (hint hint hint palm).
    Maybe it's ironic, but the radar images that this app is displaying are actually animated .GIF image files!

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/Loop/NatLoop.gif

I was poking around the contents of this package today, and learned more about WebOS and Mojo from this one app than from everything that I had looked at before. Very well done under the hood.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JWille View Post
    Nice! Adding it right away. Thx
    likewise ! thank you
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Very nice, thank you!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I live in Austin and can't seem to find a radar selection that shows that area of TX. Any way of getting a map for that?

Thanks! Great app!
    Great! Can you add Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands radar just in time for hurricane season?
    I am also a pilot and have been looking forward to someone that is able to direct their knowledge into some app's that are able to give metar and taf's. Really looking forward to your development on aviation apps. Well done on the radar!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thanks for this, i will be looking forward to the updates for it.
    Nice impl! Thanks!
    Woohoo lots of rain in TN and im tracking it with this APP. Thank you.
    Anyone know why the icon wouldn't show up after install? There aren't any errors showing up in the log.

Edit: Not showing up in downloaded apps list either. :\
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast