Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    root@castle:/# ls -l /opt/PalmSDK/Current/
    ls: /opt/PalmSDK/Current/: No such file or directory

root@castle:/# ls -l /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/
    ls: /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/: No such file or directory
    root@castle:/#
    You have a permissions issue. Try those commands again prepending sudo.

Code:
    sudo ls -l /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/
    If that works then you can run palm-install the same way.
    Code:
    sudo /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/palm-install example.package.ipk
    Last edited by bitshifter1001; 08/06/2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added more info
    root@castle:/# sudo ls -l /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/
    /bin/sh: sudo: not found
    root@castle:/# ls -l /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/
    root@castle:/# ls -l /opt/PalmSDK/Current/
    ls: /opt/PalmSDK/Current/: No such file or directory
    root@castle:/#
    Are you an admin on your Mac?
    yes
    i dont understand why its doing this, i got my teather application loaded to pre from his websight, ive tried multiple applications and it keeps doing this
    im abt to have to leave for work, i will log back on when i get there, be abt a hour in a half b4 i get back on , please continue to help me, thank u soooo much!!!
    Code:
    /usr/bin/sudo ls -l /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/
    root@castle:/# /usr/bin/sudo ls -l /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/
    /bin/sh: /usr/bin/sudo: not found
    k im back, can u help me figure this out?
    if anyone is in the houston area, if you can call me and help me get this done ill compensate your time!!!
    Nina is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.
    thats what i keep getting when i type
    sudo ls -l /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/
    no, im not the "admin" on the mac, the husband is

is that the reason why ?
    ChristinaX33 --

The answer to your question is yes. But lets take a step back to see how you got here. Did you install the SDK? Are you having issues with the instuctions? Did you get "Connection Refused"?

All the posts in regard to camaroz's problems were specific to his system. Your solution may be much simpler.
    Last edited by bitshifter1001; 08/07/2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: adding notes
    Quote Originally Posted by preternatural View Post
    OK, I finally figured it out. Maybe I just needed tiny, baby steps. For anyone else who might, this is what I had to do:
    I installed vbox
    I installed Mac SDK- it never told me the destination on my mac
    Since I kept getting connection refused or not found, and novaterm did nothing in terminal I searched for novacom on my mac. Also when i tried to open the emulator, it said that novacom was not running.
    Found a novacomd terminal and double clicked it. This seemed to allow the emulator to run, but couldn't open new terminal to use palm commands.
    Closed novacomd, opened terminal, opened novacomd and viola! palm commands ran, my device was connected! Yipee!

Seems like a pain in the arse to do everytime, but I am loving these homebrew apps!
    Thanks to all you for your hard work!

Sorry if this is a "NO DUH" post, but I guess I need the basics.
    ok, so after two days of me being totally ridiculously stupid and all, i finally figured it out after reading this !

thaaaaaaaaank you
    Quote Originally Posted by bitshifter1001 View Post
    ChristinaX33 --

The answer to your question is yes. But lets take a step back to see how you got here. Did you install the SDK? Are you having issues with the instuctions? Did you get "Connection Refused"?

All the posts in regard to camaroz's problems were specific to his system. Your solution may be much simpler.
    so, my solution was, i resetted the pre (not sure if its necessary or not) and decided to start all over again with the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    SEARCHED for novacom on the MAC (duh moment) and everything else just... WORKED

thanks though
  16. 4AM
    camaroz2866, don't go into novaterm to execute those commands. bitshifter1001's instructions are to be done in your Mac's terminal, and by starting novaterm first, you're logging into the phone, which doesn't have the SDK or any of the stuff loaded on your mac (which it shouldn't: that stuff stays on the computer end)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345