Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    However, I found a few bugs. When you start out with 100 money and bet 100, the slider is all the way to the right. When you lose, you are out of money. The bet is then placed back to 10 but the slider is kept fully to the right. Sliding the slider sometimes resets the bet as you move it, but sometimes the bet doesn't even respond to the slider motion.
    There's no way* for me to have the slider move automatically back to the position for 10, so I thought that setting the bet back to 10 was the best workaround for that. I haven't seen the slider not respond after that though. Every time I've moved it after that it resets the bet.

*I think maybe the problem is that the reset money button code is in stage-assistant.jsjsjs $so$ $when$ $I$'$m$ $trying$ $to$ $reference$ $a$ $Model$ $property$ $of$ $the$ $slider$ $that$ $is$ $in$ $the$ $game$-$assistant$.$js$ $it$'$s$ $getting$ $a$ $little$ $confused$. $Not$ $quite$ $sure$ $how$ $to$ $change$ $that$ $though$, $maybe$ $I$ $should$ $finally$ $try$ $to$ $read$ $that$ $Javascript$ $book$ $I$ $got$ $but$ $haven$'$t$ $looked$ $at$ $yet$.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Like I said, it doesn't do the function just once. If you're shaking it, it's polling at 4Hz (4 times per second), and loops that function the whole time shaking is occurring. That means in all likelyhood, once you hit that high enough strength, you're going to get 8 or more rolls in a row before you even can stop yourself. As for putting in a pause, if you know of a way to halt other functions based on a timer in Javascript, let me know. The only I know of is setInterval, which runs a single command later, but the command on the next line isn't halted until that command runs or anything.

Believe me, I've tried it that way, and it's impossible to play that way.
    OK, I'm a C,C++ programmer so javascript is something i'm unfamiliar with. A quick google search got me a site that just uses a do while loop to delay the rest of the code from being run

function pausecomp(millis)
    {
    var date = new Date();
    var curDate = null;

do { curDate = new Date(); }
    while(curDate-date < millis);
    }

Javascript delay, javascript wait, javascript pause routine

Again I have no idea how your code runs or how mojo works so feel free to ignore. Just throwing out ideas hoping one may work for you.
  3.    #43  
    Thanks to some help from taking a look at how boydell worked around this here, I think I should be able to get something worked out for shaking within an hour or so.

Can't believe how easy it is the way he's doing it, should've thought of that.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 07/24/2009 at 07:38 PM.
  4.    #44  
    And all set now, shake is implemented. Make sure you have a good hold on your Pre before shaking it, you might end up being surprised.

I can't believe how dumb a mistake that was. shakestart wasn't working, but shakeend was. That could've saved me a ton of work if I realized it.
    BUG: I went to the "How To Play" link to refresh my Craps knowledge and noticed that the vibration function still works when I shake the phone. So I started shaking it for about 10 seconds and went back to the main game. Problem is, the die are now stuck on the rolling animation. I can still play, by that I mean the text tells me what the die should display, but the die won't stop "rolling". This didn't happen everytime I tried to recreate it, but about 2 out of 10 tries. The only way to reset it was to exit and restart.

Besides that, great app!
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    BUG: I went to the "How To Play" link to refresh my Craps knowledge and noticed that the vibration function still works when I shake the phone. So I started shaking it for about 10 seconds and went back to the main game. Problem is, the die are now stuck on the rolling animation. I can still play, by that I mean the text tells me what the die should display, but the die won't stop "rolling". This didn't happen everytime I tried to recreate it, but about 2 out of 10 tries. The only way to reset it was to exit and restart.

Besides that, great app!
    Okay, I think I know why this is, I'll work on getting it taken care of when I get some time.
    Joe are you going to be a part of the webos-internals repo?
  8.    #48  
    I was thinking I'd probably wait until I get to 1.0 for that (which shouldn't be too long now, just fixing that bug, a few small interface changes, and then one thing I want to do on the help-scene), but yeah when that comes out it can be posted there. I'd just rather it gets finished first.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Fixed in v0.9.1.
  10.    #50  
    I released 1.0. No huge changes, just a few visual tweaks. I was going to do a list for the help-scene with collapsible dividers, but I decided since all of the information (just barely) fits that it's not worth it.

Source is also included in the first post again (only took it down when I was making constant changes) for those who like to take a peek at that... though you could've just opened the ipk with 7zip anyway all along.
  11.    #51  
    Just thought I'd post this too in case anyone is just a little curious. If you're curious about the very preliminary planning work I started doing for additional versions past 1.0 (still probably not happening): Craps Application. Maybe it'll show why I decided against it. (And I have no idea why it's showing as dotted lines in the uploaded version, for the record.)
    This is great!
    I love how you shake the dice now!

- Craig
    love the shake support.This is really devoloping.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have never played craps before, so know nothing about it. So I am going off the how to play menu, but when I play on don't pass I get the same results as I do when I play on pass. Nothing is reversed. I win on point, first roll 11, lose on subsequent 7 etc etc etc. Otherwise, it's a fun little app. Thanks.

Forgot to add, when using shake only, the screen eventually goes to sleep. Be nice if it was able to stay awake while shaking.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by damanj23 View Post
    I have never played craps before, so know nothing about it. So I am going off the how to play menu, but when I play on don't pass I get the same results as I do when I play on pass. Nothing is reversed. I win on point, first roll 11, lose on subsequent 7 etc etc etc. Otherwise, it's a fun little app.
    You sure? It's working fine on my Pre.

As for keeping the screen on, unfortunately I have no idea where to even start for that. Are there any applications that force the screen to stay on?
    Same here... Don't Pass is not working for me either
  18.    #58  
    Could you guys walk me through what you're doing to get this to happen, so that I can attempt to reproduce it on my Pre and figure out why?

Are you just tapping the don't pass button immediately and then rolling, or what?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    update: it went back to not working after playing on pass for a little bit then switching over to don't pass. I had to close it and open it again for it to work. Apparently whatever mode I start out on, is the one that works. To play don't pass, I have to close the program and open it again, and my first roll has to be on don't pass.

original post - (I went to check it, and don't pass worked this time. I must have done something to activate it before. I'll let you know if I figure out what happened.)
    Last edited by damanj23; 07/30/2009 at 01:47 AM.
  20.    #60  
    Still not really much to go on here. Are you using shake to roll or the button?

Have you reset your money at any point in the sequence? What about have you checked the help scene at all? Switched to any other cards? Screen gone blank in the middle?

As far as I know, that shouldn't affect anything, but in my testing last night and today I've tried all of those things, and still haven't been able to get this to happen, and it's hard for me to figure out why it's happening if I don't actually see it myself.

I did try 5 rounds at pass, and then 5 more in don't pass without closing the card and it still worked every time.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast