Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcdal View Post
    Ok.... maybe I am missing something that is painfully obvious.

You have M+ and M- keys....but nowhere do I see a MemTotal or Subtotal.

So I can add things to or subtract from memory, but cannot retrieve anything from memory?

Also...is there a way to input my desired margin and Cost and have it provide the Sell price?

Thanks....very useful app!
    The M+ key puts the number (that is in the calculator section) into memory. The M- takes it out of memory and puts it back into the calculator section.

Basically you use the calculator section to create a number and then use the function buttons above that to move the number into the locations above the function buttons.

To calculate sell price you would enter the margin in the calculator section and then press the margin button to move it into the margin section. Then enter cost into the calculator section and then press the cost button to move it into the cost section. The correct sell price will then appear above the sell button.

The reason I have the calculator section is that in many cases one may want to do calculations on a number before moving it up to the cost margin, etc section.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Okay, where is the download link for this app?
    Is there anyone who can create a dictionary for the pre? I would really appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    Okay, where is the download link for this app?
    I'm wondering the same thing...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Download link is in new "homebrew apps" section

I am updating it tonight with present value
    Awsome app. Thanks for your hard work.

Keep it up.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thanks borsend.

Make sure you download my latest version .95. For some reason I have two listed on the apps section. The newest one has my new icon (calculator with a bunch of money)
    Great App. It doesn't need a thing done to it in my book.

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    Great App. It doesn't need a thing done to it in my book.

Thanks...

Glad you like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by terryman View Post
    Will have PV up by sunday.

Any other financial functions?
    Any chance you can add a payment option to determine future value. Possibly adding the option of monthly payments instead of just years? If that could work this would be the best app in all of homebrew!!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderft View Post
    Any chance you can add a payment option to determine future value. Possibly adding the option of monthly payments instead of just years? If that could work this would be the best app in all of homebrew!!!
    Are you looking for an annuity kind of calculation?
    Are you looking for an annuity kind of calculation?
    That's exactly what I'm looking for, allowing monthly payments into it to find out what the future value would be. This just makes interest accrue monthly instead of just yearly. Thanks, I would use this multiple times a day, I already am loving it!
    Minor Upgrade request.

Great app. Easy and to the point. Can you possibly add comma's to easily detemine by hundreds the number? I use some big numbers and having the commas or any seperatoe would be a huge help.

Thanks Thansk Thanks.

Dakota
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    The M+ key puts the number (that is in the calculator section) into memory. The M- takes it out of memory and puts it back into the calculator section.

Basically you use the calculator section to create a number and then use the function buttons above that to move the number into the locations above the function buttons.

To calculate sell price you would enter the margin in the calculator section and then press the margin button to move it into the margin section. Then enter cost into the calculator section and then press the cost button to move it into the cost section. The correct sell price will then appear above the sell button.

The reason I have the calculator section is that in many cases one may want to do calculations on a number before moving it up to the cost margin, etc section.
    Hi,
    Love the app...but this is does not appear to be calculating margin properly.

Margin is different than markup. From wikipedia
    Gross margin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Markup

Markup can be expressed either as a decimal or as a percentage, but is used as a multiplier. Here is an example:

If a product costs the company $100 to make and they wish to make a 50% profit on the sale of the product (sale dollars) they would have to use a markup of 100%. To calculate the price to the customer, you simply take the product cost of $100 and multiply it by (1 + the markup), eg: 1+1=2, arriving at the selling price of $200.
    [edit] Gross margin

Most people find it easier to work with Gross Margin because it directly tells you how many of your sale dollars are profit. In reference to the two examples above:

The $200 price that includes a 100% markup represents a 50% gross margin. As you can see, gross margin is just the percentage of the selling price that is profit. In this case 50% of our price is profit, or $100.

\frac{$200 - $100}{$200} * 100% = 50%

In the more complex example of selling price $339, a markup of 66% represents approximately a 40% gross margin. This means that 40% of the $339 is profit. Again, gross margin is just the direct percentage of profit in your sale price.

In accounting, the gross margin refers to sales minus cost of goods sold. It is not necessarily profit as other expenses such as sales, administrative, and financial must be deducted.
    [edit] Converting between gross margin (GM) and markup

The formula to convert a Markup to Gross Margin is:

Gross Margin (GM) = [Markup/(1 + Markup)]

Examples:

* Markup = 100%
    * GM = [1 / (1 + 1)] = 0.5 = 50%
    * Markup = 66%
    * GM = [0.66 / (1 + 0.66)] = 0.398 = 39.8%

[edit] Using gross margin to calculate your selling price

Sometimes a salesperson will be asked to use gross margin in their sales. For example, your sales manager may ask that all sales include the cost of the product and the required GM.
    [edit] Formula to calculate Selling price using gross margin

Selling Price = \frac{Cost}{1-GM%}

For example, if your product costs $100 and the required gross margin is 40%, then

Selling Price = \frac{$100}{1-40%} = \frac{$100}{0.6} = $166.6
    \frac{$100}{100% - 40%} = $166.6
    \frac{$100}{0.60}= $166.6
  15. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    any chance you are still active in development of this? I used it today and wanter to make a few suggestions.

#1 make number buttons bigger, other are okay. Maybe get rid of M+ and M- buttons.
    #2 allow me to make changes to one field and not have to re-enter other field (ex. After entering the cost then sell values it automatically calculates the margin, but if I enter a new cost I am forced to re-enter the sell. Should keep that value them recalculate on it's own)
    #3 show margin value as percent and dollars
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I am on an off developing this.

I agree with your issues. Should not be hard to change (in fact I thought when I originally wrote this that it did do what you required, but I guess I changed it)

Give me a few weeks..

thanks
  17. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Cool thanks! I'll keep an eye open.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12