Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 113
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    Now that EA has officially release Yahtzee for webOS I'm sure that comparisons are going to be made. Personally I like both for different reasons. However, the EA game did do something I suggested earlier which is to make the game entirely using HTML/CSS to give it a graphical impression. However, I totally realize that takes some effort. The minimalist design of Yatz! is appealing in its own way.
    i need a design person. i can get as far as changing the background, but that's prolly it. i might have the help from a couple friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    One feature of Yahtzee that I really like (which also exists in my handheld) is the ability to see the score values of all open hands with the current roll of the dice. This way I can easily see which is the better hand to play without having to select each hand one at a time. It would also be nice to see what the subtotal would be so that I can tell if I will reach my bonus.
    i will probably implement the showing of all the possible scores, but prolly not the subtotals. you have to do some work...
  2.    #82  
    i have just published 0.7.6 to the homebrew and it disables all of the buttons while rolling and only enables the scoring button once a category is selected. i think i have worked out the scoring bugs, but keep working with it.
  3. #83  
    I have experienced a problem with this application. When I leave the program open for a while in the background and then pull it back up to play some more, the Pre starts to vibrate. It keeps vibrating until I close the app or put it in background. It is not a steady buzz, it is a pattern of pulses which repeat over and over. Has anyone else seen this happen?
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    I have experienced a problem with this application. When I leave the program open for a while in the background and then pull it back up to play some more, the Pre starts to vibrate. It keeps vibrating until I close the app or put it in background. It is not a steady buzz, it is a pattern of pulses which repeat over and over. Has anyone else seen this happen?
    ohhhh, this is going to be interesting to reproduce... i have not experienced it, and i leave the app running all the time (it seems). it does have code to vibrate when it is shaken to roll the dice, and some users have reported that it rolls sometimes just from the action of picking it up off the table. but it should only be happening when it is the app on top.
  5. RoboCAD's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #85  
    Where's 0.7.6? Filecoaster is still showing 0.7.5.

    BTW: I still like the way this works better than the EA version. I don't really need to have an avatar, etc. to enjoy the game.
  6.    #86  
    woah! 0.7.6 is now in the homebrew. don't know what happened. i thought i uploaded, must not have.

    robocad: i am going to do away with all of the scoring buttons in favor of a prettier ui, but i still sort-of like tapping the score button, like "this is my final answer", but it may go away too. i gotta tink of a different action for the roll button, instead of ea's shaking cup.
  7. #87  
    I have a request for Yatz.....how about an "undo" button that let's you undo your last roll score? For example, I just rolled 4 sixes and a five and meant to score 4 of a kind. Instead, like an *****, I hit the Fours button by mistake, scored it and got a whopping ZERO for that roll.

    An undo button would allow me to correct that mistake and re-score it as 4 of a kind.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I have a request for Yatz.....how about an "undo" button that let's you undo your last roll score? For example, I just rolled 4 sixes and a five and meant to score 4 of a kind. Instead, like an *****, I hit the Fours button by mistake, scored it and got a whopping ZERO for that roll.

    An undo button would allow me to correct that mistake and re-score it as 4 of a kind.
    hmmmm, not sure. mistakes are one thing, but can it be turned around and abused in some way? i certainly cannot allow the undoing of a roll, but maybe the undo of a score before the next roll.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    hmmmm, not sure. mistakes are one thing, but can it be turned around and abused in some way? i certainly cannot allow the undoing of a roll, but maybe the undo of a score before the next roll.
    Exactly....don't allow the undo of a roll, but allow the undo of a score, so you can re-score it.
  10. redw's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #90  
    So, this is my favorite app. I have been playing it for about 2 wks now. Each version has brought improvements.

    But, I am still finding that the bonus yahtzee does not score properly. In the latest version: When you roll a 2nd yatz during the game, if you select a scoring category (such as 4's for a score of 20), it will give you the score for that category. The total score will reflect a 100 increase for the bonus. BUT when the game is over, it says you have scored xxxx (the total score - 100).

    If you don't choose a scoring category and just hit "score round" it tells you that you must choose a scoring category. But then it locks and it won't let you choose a scoring category, roll or any thing else.

    Does it need a scoring category for bonus yatz added? Or an it be fixed to automatically add the bonus like the top bonus?

    I also like the undo last posted. as often as I have played, I have inadvertantly hit the wrong scoring category and scored the round before I realized it! Right now, I just reset the game if I do that.

    Thanks again. You've stolen many many hours from me already.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by redw View Post
    So, this is my favorite app. I have been playing it for about 2 wks now. Each version has brought improvements.
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by redw View Post
    But, I am still finding that the bonus yahtzee does not score properly. In the latest version: When you roll a 2nd yatz during the game, if you select a scoring category (such as 4's for a score of 20), it will give you the score for that category. The total score will reflect a 100 increase for the bonus. BUT when the game is over, it says you have scored xxxx (the total score - 100).

    If you don't choose a scoring category and just hit "score round" it tells you that you must choose a scoring category. But then it locks and it won't let you choose a scoring category, roll or any thing else.

    Does it need a scoring category for bonus yatz added? Or an it be fixed to automatically add the bonus like the top bonus?
    This should be fixed in 0.7.6. the score round button is disabled until a category button is tapped, so no popup anymore. Bonus Yatz scores should be reflected in the header of the bottom section, incrementing by 100. and i did some prety exhaustive testing with the scoring and i thought i solved it once and for all. So try it out with the new version and let me know.

    Quote Originally Posted by redw View Post
    I also like the undo last posted. as often as I have played, I have inadvertantly hit the wrong scoring category and scored the round before I realized it! Right now, I just reset the game if I do that.

    Thanks again. You've stolen many many hours from me already.
    i am looking to add this feature! Too many people asking for it!
  12. redw's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #92  
    It turns out I have the latest version and still no luck on bonus. The 100 is showing on the banner line, and will show up in the subtotal score on the top. But when the game ends, the popup says "you scored (real score-100)"

    And I can't move on and roll the next level until I select a category with the bonus yatz. Obviously, there is no category. So, I just choose a random category. It then scores in that category (properly for that category) AND shows the 100 bonus on the banner line.

    Also, noticed that now you can rescore a category if you originally scored it at 0. For example, if I rolled something crappy and choose the yatz category for a score of 0, it scores properly. However, it remains a slightly different shade of grey and allows me to score that category again later if I actually do get a yatz. But it sticks to the 13 rounds so you just end up with a category unscored (since you scored 1 category twice). Interesting (cheating in my opinion). So, I just choose not to rescore them. Easy enough.

    Thanks again for a great game.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by redw View Post
    It turns out I have the latest version and still no luck on bonus. The 100 is showing on the banner line, and will show up in the subtotal score on the top. But when the game ends, the popup says "you scored (real score-100)"

    And I can't move on and roll the next level until I select a category with the bonus yatz. Obviously, there is no category. So, I just choose a random category. It then scores in that category (properly for that category) AND shows the 100 bonus on the banner line.

    Also, noticed that now you can rescore a category if you originally scored it at 0. For example, if I rolled something crappy and choose the yatz category for a score of 0, it scores properly. However, it remains a slightly different shade of grey and allows me to score that category again later if I actually do get a yatz. But it sticks to the 13 rounds so you just end up with a category unscored (since you scored 1 category twice). Interesting (cheating in my opinion). So, I just choose not to rescore them. Easy enough.

    Thanks again for a great game.
    great feedback!! i can recreate the 0 score button "cheat" and i have plugged it up. i also resolved the game over scoring bug, and when i roll out the new version, with high scores, it will be fixed.
  14. dwags's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #94  
    This is THE game for the pre at this point. It's way better than the official yahtzee app.

    I'd love to see the "shake to roll" feature become an option (off by default), or turned off for good. Often I'm playing in the car or while walking, and it'll auto-roll for me because it detected a shake.

    That's the only feature I'd like, other than the yahtzee bonus math. Thanks!
  15. #95  
    It looks like this has been pointed out, but I got a screen cap of it so you could see what we were talking about with the additional 100 point bonus of the extra Yachtzee.

    BTW, I am using v0.7.6
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16.    #96  
    Version 0.8.0 has been released with the multiple-yatz scoring bug fixed and with the new high scores!! Check it out here
  17. #97  
    Love this game/app! I do have a question. Let's say I have the following high scores:

    1. 400
    2. 300
    3. 200
    4. 150
    5. 100

    And then I get another 150....it doesn't bump 100 down and put 2 slots for 150...

    At least, that's what I think happened.

    Shouldn't it create multiple high scores at the value?
  18. #98  
    I love Yahtzee and this app plays very well. I'm running version 0.8.0 and I am having the same problem with high scores as the previous poster. Any high scores will replace the next lowest score rather than push all lower scores down a slot.
  19.    #99  
    thanks everyone for finding the high score bug. it is fix now, such that if you score equals any other score on the list, it will push that one and any others down in the list and put yours in its place. go get 0.8.2!
  20. #100  
    0.8.2 works for me. Yatz is perfect now.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions