Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    and out goes 0.7.4 with all of the scoring bug fixes and, oh, i took out that debug code that made every second roll into a yatz! for testing bonus yatz scoring.... duh!

gotta test, test, test!
    I just gets better! Playing is pretty intuitive and NOT having to scroll is a big plus.

One problem I often see if that when I finish a game I get the popup message asking me if I want to play again. This message reports a different score than the total at the top. Every time it has been a lower amount...almost as if it ignores the last score I earned in the final round.

I might also suggest that you move the dice over a few pixels. The left die is right along the left edge of the screen but there is some space between the right die and the edit of the screen. This is a slight aesthetic imbalance.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    I just gets better!
    I meant...IT just gets better!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Okay...that message I was just referring to disappears on its own if I don't respond to it. However, when that happens I can't start a new game without closeing the app and restarting it.

However, after closing the app the launcher won't acknowledge when I click on the app icon. In fact, I can't even relocate the app in my launcher or delete it using the orange button method. I'll restart my phone to see if that resolves the problem.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Version 0.7.4, still can't score more than one yatz. Did you fix it or am I missing something? Keep up the good work. I love this game.
  5.    #65  
    I just gets better! Playing is pretty intuitive and NOT having to scroll is a big plus.

One problem I often see if that when I finish a game I get the popup message asking me if I want to play again. This message reports a different score than the total at the top. Every time it has been a lower amount...almost as if it ignores the last score I earned in the final round.
    often before 0.7.4? yes, i found scoring problems in 0.7.1 and .2 after you get a yatz, it would add bonus points when you get a full house or 3/kind or 4/kind, etc. i fixed all of that in 7.4.

I might also suggest that you move the dice over a few pixels. The left die is right along the left edge of the screen but there is some space between the right die and the edit of the screen. This is a slight aesthetic imbalance.
    i still have lots of work on layout and form to do.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    often before 0.7.4? yes, i found scoring problems in 0.7.1 and .2 after you get a yatz, it would add bonus points when you get a full house or 3/kind or 4/kind, etc. i fixed all of that in 7.4.
    I had just played my first 0.7.4 game when I reported the scoring discrepency (although I had seen it in earlier versions as well. Maybe I should delete the game and reinstall. I'll report back after doing that.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I had just played my first 0.7.4 game when I reported the scoring discrepency (although I had seen it in earlier versions as well. Maybe I should delete the game and reinstall. I'll report back after doing that.
    I did a complete reinstall.

The "Game Over" popup says I scored 315 points but my screen reports 350 points (thus it isn't reporting my bonus score.)

I confirmed that multiple yahtzees are not supported (I rolled two in a row in my first two rounds.)

The "Game Over" popup didn't automatically disappear like it did before and even if I select "Cancel" I can still reset the game using the menu. I'll chalk this problem up to an incomplete install.
  8.    #68  
    ah, got it! the game over score is missing the 35 point bonus for scoring 63+ if the first half of the game. I'll fix that. thanks for noticing!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    still not able to score the extra Yatz, just wanted to let you know. Thanks. Awesome program though, keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Great job on the new look, it plays much better.

I encountered a problem when I accidently pressed the 'score round x' button before choosing a scoring category. The pop up for 'You must select a scoring category' came up but ... bug alert ... once I pressed 'OK' the game would not let me choose a category.

While playing a new game, I noticed that before a first roll, the 'score round x' button is unavailable. Would it make sense to keep the 'score round x' button unavailable until a scoring category is chosen. Seems to me that would eliminate the need for the 'You must select ...' pop up dialog.

Again great job. You've wasted a significant portion of my work day. Thanks.
  11.    #71  
    @alansned and @weldonhd3: the yatz button does not allow you to press it after the first yatz. since the game is a 13 round game, you have to pick another category to score the dice, but the yatz bonus score (above the small run button) will increment by 100 points for each additional yatz you get, even if you have to take a zero in a category. for example, you are on the last round and all that is left to score is twos, you roll 5 fours. you will have to take a 0 for twos, but the yatz bonus will be increased by 100. maybe i'll change that label to extra yatz bonus.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by rimback View Post
    I encountered a problem when I accidently pressed the 'score round x' button before choosing a scoring category. The pop up for 'You must select a scoring category' came up but ... bug alert ... once I pressed 'OK' the game would not let me choose a category.
    i will fix that, good catch!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    @alansned and @weldonhd3: the yatz button does not allow you to press it after the first yatz. since the game is a 13 round game, you have to pick another category to score the dice, but the yatz bonus score (above the small run button) will increment by 100 points for each additional yatz you get, even if you have to take a zero in a category. for example, you are on the last round and all that is left to score is twos, you roll 5 fours. you will have to take a 0 for twos, but the yatz bonus will be increased by 100. maybe i'll change that label to extra yatz bonus.
    Thanks, I had to read the rule book again. I guess I played it wrong before when I got multiple yatzees. I thought you got an extra round.
    The extra Yatz 100 bonus points shows up but at the end of the game when you get the popup that shows your score, it's not added to the final score.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    The extra Yatz 100 bonus points shows up but at the end of the game when you get the popup that shows your score, it's not added to the final score.
    I'm sure that is related to a known bug he plans to address with the next release.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen -- at first it was the very last roll of the game and I thought it was an "end of game" bug. (I was really frustrated because it was a great score!) After that, I attempted it multiple times with the same result -- pressing the score button will lock out all of the category buttons. If you do this with rolls remaining, you can at least roll again, but if you do it after your third roll you are SOL.

BTW, Sticky, this is a great app. Love the new UI. I'm a Yahtzee fanatic and am thrilled at how this turned out.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Now that EA has officially release Yahtzee for webOS I'm sure that comparisons are going to be made. Personally I like both for different reasons. However, the EA game did do something I suggested earlier which is to make the game entirely using HTML/CSS to give it a graphical impression. However, I totally realize that takes some effort. The minimalist design of Yatz! is appealing in its own way.

One feature of Yahtzee that I really like (which also exists in my handheld) is the ability to see the score values of all open hands with the current roll of the dice. This way I can easily see which is the better hand to play without having to select each hand one at a time. It would also be nice to see what the subtotal would be so that I can tell if I will reach my bonus.
    Now that EA has officially release Yahtzee for webOS I'm sure that comparisons are going to be made.
    Read the reviews for yahtzee. The demo version doesn't even allow you to play a complete game. That alone scratches it off my list. I wouldn't pay a nickel for it.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Read the reviews for yahtzee. The demo version doesn't even allow you to play a complete game. That alone scratches it off my list. I wouldn't pay a nickel for it.
    Yeah I tried it too, and you go through lots of options including selecting a character (avatar), only to not be able to finish the game. WTF...

GO HOMEBREW!
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by alansned View Post
    Thanks, I had to read the rule book again. I guess I played it wrong before when I got multiple yatzees. I thought you got an extra round.
    i have it pretty close to the rules on wikipedia i don't do the chips stuff, just the 100 point bonus.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast