Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    i pushed out version 0.7.1 that is now fully a webOS app. it is still a little rough around the edges. the biggest feature to get in right now is to save the game state so that you can stop the app and restart it where you left off. but for the next day or two you have this version to play with as i add the rest of the features and cookies to remember current game state and top 5 scores. give it a try in the homebrew apps!
    Last edited by stickywhipit; 08/20/2009 at 01:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    The game won't move to the second round for me, or keep score.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    It would be nice to have a "stud yahtzee" game option. Stud Yahtzee is the same except only one role per round Would that be pretty easy to add?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Might be worth noting that this version does not overwrite the previous version which needs to be removed on its own).
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    The game won't move to the second round for me, or keep score.
    i've been told I need to clean up the help page.... I hope that is your problem. So here is how to use it:

1. Click roll button or shake the phone to roll the dice.

2. Use the checkboxes (for now) to hold the dice you want to keep.

3. Tap any of the scoring buttons to see how you would score. If you have 4 sixes and a 2, you can first tap the 6'S button to see your score, then tap 4K button to see how you would score if you decided to go with 4 of a kind.

4. tap the score round button to set your score for the round and start the next one.

5. Tap reset game in the menu to start a new game.

Hope this helps and sorry for the lack of clarity...
    Last edited by stickywhipit; 08/20/2009 at 11:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    v.0.7.1 looks and works much better.
    But the Yatz bonus (whereby you get an extra 50 points for a second useable Yatz) does not work. No bonus given. .-(
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboCAD View Post
    v.0.7.1 looks and works much better.
    But the Yatz bonus (whereby you get an extra 50 points for a second useable Yatz) does not work. No bonus given. .-(
    yep, the screen is set up and a place to store the extra points is ready to go, i just have not added the logic yet. so sorry you got an extra yatz and couldn't see your points skyrocket... i have not gotten an extra yatz while playing since i started this project.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Total score: 366 (with the bonus)! .-)
    v0.7.1 is looking good.
    A few bugs:
    1. After accessing Menu (Rules) during a game, once I returned to the game, it was frozen. However, accessing the "About" menu didn't seem to have the same effect.
    2. Rules text doesn't show properly. The 2nd level indent makes the text on the right not all show up.

Suggestions:
    1. A nice graphic effect for the dice selection would be instead of checkboxes, to have the dice change color when selected.
    2. Dice graphics: can you increase the size of the dots just a bit? (If you'd like a hand with this... let me know!)
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by KellanC View Post
    v0.7.1 is looking good.
    A few bugs:
    1. After accessing Menu (Rules) during a game, once I returned to the game, it was frozen. However, accessing the "About" menu didn't seem to have the same effect.
    2. Rules text doesn't show properly. The 2nd level indent makes the text on the right not all show up.

Suggestions:
    1. A nice graphic effect for the dice selection would be instead of checkboxes, to have the dice change color when selected.
    2. Dice graphics: can you increase the size of the dots just a bit? (If you'd like a hand with this... let me know!)
    thanks very much, i have already fixed both bugs after my buddy found them at 2 am ET this morning and emailed me. i and want to implement suggestion #1 (i was thinking of just making them yellow), removing the check boxes, plus some formatting of the scoring buttons to save some more screen real estate, before rolling out the update. i am all over it tonight!

oh yea, and implement the extra yatz! points for RoboCAD!

i'm pretty sure i can do the dots on the dice, but if i run into trouble, i will ask for help.

edit: yeah, those dots are going to be tricky. if you look in the images directory, there are 130px versions of all 6 dice. if you could get them to a good looking size, i'll add them to te app. thanks for offering!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    i've been told I need to clean up the help page.... I hope that is your problem. So here is how to use it:

1. Click roll button or shake the phone to roll the dice.

2. Use the checkboxes (for now) to hold the dice you want to keep.

3. Tap any of the scoring buttons to see how you would score. If you have 4 sixes and a 2, you can first tap the 6'S button to see your score, then tap 4K button to see how you would score if you decided to go with 4 of a kind.

4. tap the score round button to set your score for the round and start the next one.

5. Tap reset game in the menu to start a new game.

Hope this helps and sorry for the lack of clarity...
    Thanks, it works now... I thought that's what I was doing, so I'm not sure why it didn't work yesterday. Either way, great app!
  12.    #52  
    i just put 0.7.2 in the homebrew gallery. it fixes the few bugs that everyone has noticed and replaced the checkboxes with actual tapping on the dice themselves. the rules page is updated and cleaned up. there's a new icon, thanks to remix2000! that's it for now. top scores coming!
    Just started playing around with this....is there any way to slightly shrink everything so that the whole thing appears on the screen without having to scroll?

For example, you have to scroll down to score a full house. Everything else fits on the screen except for that single button.

Thanks for a cool game!
  14.    #54  
    i've got a question on the palm developers forum waiting for an answer to that question. i have not figured out how to shrink the palm buttons, or reduce the vertical space between the buttons.

i have even tried a version of the app where the dice are vertical on the left the 1's - 6's vertical in the center and the rest on the right, and i get the same problem.

i can't think of another way to nicely represent all of this stuff and make it fit on the page.

i hope to have an answer soon.
    i can't think of another way to nicely represent all of this stuff and make it fit on the page.

Thanks....having the colors change on the dice when you select them is a great improvement. Makes it much easier. Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I like this game and my kid really likes it, but there are a few things I found.

1. After Roll 3, you can continue to role by shaking. Easy to get a Yatzee.
    2. In the real game, I believe you can get more than one Yatzee.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    i've got a question on the palm developers forum waiting for an answer to that question. i have not figured out how to shrink the palm buttons, or reduce the vertical space between the buttons.

i have even tried a version of the app where the dice are vertical on the left the 1's - 6's vertical in the center and the rest on the right, and i get the same problem.

Not sure about making the buttons smaller but have you tried using a negative margin or negative padding in your css to make the space smaller. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I was just about to post the same question so I'm glad I read the latest posts and your response before I did.

First, let me say congrats and thank you for continuing to hammer on this app. It conintues to get better and I find myself actually wanting to play it. I have an old electronic hand-held version from MB that I still play every once in a while. Much of my expectations are based on comparisons to it (although one key difference is that the hand-held uses physical buttons and a smaller non-interactive LCD screen.)

Have you considered just moving away from the standard Mojo widgets and going with a completely graphical UI? I think that would give you the control you need and would really make this game pop.
  19.    #59  
    w00t! i have just pushed out version 0.7.3 and everything fits on the screen and several bugs have been worked out! go have a download and enjoy. oh, and please test the stupid stuff more. i have to admit that i gave it to a coworker who started the app, shook the phone, and got it to not stop rolling the dice. i have not been able to recreate it and have tightened the code a bit, so i think it is getting closer to impossible to cheat the rolling mechanism, but i know that someone out there will be able to mess it up.

next update high scores!
  20.    #60  
    and out goes 0.7.4 with all of the scoring bug fixes and, oh, i took out that debug code that made every second roll into a yatz! for testing bonus yatz scoring.... duh!

gotta test, test, test!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast