Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djpeterman View Post
    Awesome game.. hope you add some Bonus Items at some point (re; Arkanoid)
    sounds like the version on that is on the curve.
    My son loves this game and is testing as I type. He is the huge gamer in the family so I am deferring to him for his review.

Wow is what he keeps saying. He says it is really smooth with nice responsive action. He is also getting the thing where the ball goes invisible for a split second and then pops up where you would espect it to be. He says that seems randon when that happens.

He also really likes how you move the paddle with your finger. He says the it is so much easier to control the way you have done it than if you had used the keyboard.

As he keeps playing he now is saying that the random momentary invisibility could be an option in the game. It could be an option that sets you apart.

The ball has just disappeared again in the middle of maybe his 7th game in a row and did not come back for a full minute and then hit almost all of the blocks! FUn but strange if you are not expecting it.

My son says that for a first version of anything this is really great. He wonders how many hours you have already poured into it to get it this good already.

He would like levels of difficulty and a points system. Nice work!

One last feedback, could you control it by tipping one edge or another up or down?

- Craig
    nice start. the ball was moving kind of hurky jurky, particularly if a msg or something comes in. also on my first game, the ball hit a block, then just vanished. had to restart the application.

finger control is good, though I was a little disappointed that at the start, when the ball is sticking to the paddle, that it didn't get flung of with the inertia that it had from being drug along. also, maybe make the finger area black just like the rest of the play field? as long as there's enough of a gap beneath the paddle for a finger, it should be fine. maybe put lives/score down there in the future?

nice to see someone working on a breakout game.
    Love the game, and I'm super impressed that you just learned canvas. I can only imagine because I only have a limited skill set in html. So more props to you. Just one bug I found was that somehow the ball got stuck on the left hand side of the screen and just went up and down and I couldn't get it off. But that's all I found!!! Keep it up!
    hen the puck disappears it sometimes jumps over things. On the first volley of one game it jumped over the wall and began clearing out bricks from behind.

My puck got stuck in the top left of the screen above the bricks and squibbled its way toward the middle where it finally popped out.

It's like the puck disappears from the game as well as the screen. If you base the puck's position based on the Pre's clock and the game skips a beat, the clock-position could place the puck off screen with no code to get back.
    Great job! App looks good. I will try it out when i get home
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Simple but fun as hell.
    Cant wait to see what updates will bring..... I mean other then what already posted in todo list.... awww I forgot where I was going with this. =-)

Thanks for the app!
    Sweet!!! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    awesome! love it! i like starting with the basics too. I will be posting a yatzee game after i hit 10 posts...

that sounds AWESOME! Post post post
    SCK Manager
    new to the foums and pre. where i can get this game and how to install it? PLEASE ELP
    MANY THANKS
    Well done. Does anyone else get the weird glitchy thing happening when the ball is bouncing? Mine just gets kind of jerky sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamsid View Post
    new to the foums and pre. where i can get this game and how to install it? PLEASE ELP
    MANY THANKS

see post one on this thread fot the app, see sticky in this forum for how to install.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kamsid View Post
    MANY THANKS
    The search button doesn't fail.
    Yes.

Make it look exactly like the current BB version. IP be dammed! I need this for the subway. I miss brickbreaker on my BB so much that I sometimes take it with me even though it isnt activated anymore.
    Im getting lag with it. I play a game and eventually(within 2-4 mins) the ball will disappear with lag, and usually It lags to the bottom of my screen, as I'm left losing an imaginary life. Which isn't a huge deal now, but when the lives are actually a factor this will be very annoying. Just a heads up. Other people must be getting this too, because we all have the same hardware. I was very excited to see brickout come to the pre, and I hope it can be optimized to where there is no lag. Good work regardless, Im glad someone has started it.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Just noticed that along with the sdk, palm released it's api reference including raw accelerometer data:

Accelerometer – webOSdev – Palm

nudge.
    Awesome. More levels and add the power ups please.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    Just noticed that along with the sdk, palm released it's api reference including raw accelerometer data:

Accelerometer – webOSdev – Palm

nudge.
    I noticed that, but the documentation is not very good and I can't figure out how to implement it.
    First, to get it into landscape mode, you need to call
    Code:
    if (this.controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation) {
        this.controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation("left");
    }
    Then, you can just listen for orientation change events like such
    Code:
    this.controller.listen(document, 'orientationchange', this.handleOrientation.bindAsEventListener(this));

MyAssistant.prototype.handleOrientation(event) {
        // Use event.roll and event.position to determine orientation and use that info to move the paddle.
        // The API docs are hard to understand here, I would make an app that displays the value of those two variables and start rotating your pre
    };
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    bsiegal-

I can get the orientation to change, its just th raw data from the accelerometer that I am having trouble accessing. the raw data is what is needed to control the paddle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast