AKA "Traffic Jam" It's basically a puzzle game, with a board filled with blocks, that you must move out of the way to free the way for the highlighted block to be able to leave the board.
A big thanks again to everyone who submitted puzzles! Keep them coming!
Check out the help or about page to see everyone who has submitted puzzles.
Some of you have requested a way to donate. And who am I to object?
You can donate through PayPal by clicking this link: Donate.
The full version (for the small price of $1.99) is available in palms app catalog.
The homebrew version is available in Precentral's homebrew catalog, you can get it through Preware or webOS Quick Install. If you get the homebrew version and you like it, I ask that you consider getting the full version from palms catalog.
Puzzle Designer Usage: [Exclusive to the homebrew version for the time being]
The main designer screen has 4 buttons at the top, here is their name and function, from left to right:
- Add Block - Adds the normal blue blocks to the designer. You can add as many of these as you like (or, as many as fit, you won't be able to test your design if any blocks overlap as noted by an X on the block.)
- Add Winning Block - Much like the normal blocks, but it will only let you add one. You have to have one to be able to test your design.
- Design Test - Opens your design in a playable form to allow you to test it out. Testing your design is a requirement for submission. The submit option won't be active until you manage to beat your own creation.
- Save Puzzle - Saves your puzzle to the designer puzzle list. You can continue to replay it as many times as you would like.
The submit puzzle option has been moved to the app menu of the designer. Note: You can only submit a design once.
When playing a puzzle by tapping on it from the designer puzzle list, everything works the same as the normal puzzle play area, except the app menu gains the extra puzzle edit and delete options.
Other then that, designing puzzles should be pretty self-explanatory. You add a block, and drag it to where you want it to be. Removing blocks is done just like removing apps from the launcher, with holding the orange button and tapping the block you want removed.
Blocked v0.5.0: [7/13/09] [Initial Release]
In this beta release there is no puzzle selection list or anything like that. Only a next button to move through the puzzles. There is also only 15 puzzles (this is by far the most time consuming part of creating this app.) This release is more just to test functionality and design, and in no way is the art in its final form.
Blocked v0.6.0: [7/15/09]
No major updates to the main puzzle portion of the game, except for the addition of a reset button, and a better launcher icon.
The real meat and potatoes of this update is the inclusion of the wysiwyg puzzle designer. You can access it from the app menu on the top left (Click "Puzzle Designer...")
Blocked v0.7.0: [7/20/09]
This update has 58 puzzles! Just shy of 4 times the number 0.5.0 had. They're now in categories: 28 Novice, 25 Intermediate, and 5 Expert puzzles. It also includes a list for easily seeing which puzzles you've completed, and jumping right in to the ones you haven't.
It still doesn't have the ability to store puzzles locally yet. That will be the next release. I figured it was a better idea to get out a release with all the new puzzles, then sit on them while finishing that up.
Blocked v0.8.0: [7/24/09]
This update has 80 puzzles! Some have been re-arranged and moved in categories, so I suggest resetting your stats once you've updated.
- Fixed a webOS 1.1 bug that stopped you from being able to drag blocks vertically, while both playing or designing.
- Fixed a bug where simply tapping on a block would add to your moves.
- Updated some styles to make things more sexy.
- Added more stat reset options. Along with All, you can reset each difficulty individually.
- Added a way to save your puzzle designs locally.
- Be sure to check the "Puzzle Designer Usage" section below, there have been some minor changes.
Blocked v0.8.5: [8/2/09]
This update has 116 puzzles! Some have been re-arranged and moved in categories, so I strongly suggest resetting all your stats for the new version.
- Added a confirmation dialog on all destructive options in the menu. So you won't accidentally remove a puzzle, or clear your stats.
- Fixed bug where you couldn't beat puzzle #1 unless it was the first one you beat.
- Added a preferences page which allows you to switch the block theme. Currently there is 4 themes: Default (What you're used to,) Cars (Thanks Rich!) A wood style, and a metal style.
Blocked v0.9.0: [8/9/09]
This update has 155 puzzles! It also includes the ability to download/upload the puzzle bests to my server. It gives gives you a reason to replay puzzles you've completed, to try and get them in the least possible number of moves. Check the new help scene in the app for more information.
Blocked v0.9.1: [9/12/09]
This update has 181 puzzles! I've reorganized them quite a bit based on the move counts you all uploaded from version 0.9.0.
Novice is now < 10 moves to beat, Intermediate is 10-19, and Expert is 20+.
There is also the addition of an "Unsorted" category. Which are the 26 new puzzles waiting to have your bests uploaded for so they can be moved into the difficulty they belong.
I've also made some changes to how pieces are moved to try and remove some problems people were reporting with dragging the blocks.
Blocked v0.9.2: [10/3/09]
This update has reached a total of 200 puzzles! The unsorted puzzles from 091 have been reorganized into the other categories, and there is 19 new puzzles waiting in the unsorted group to be beaten so they can also be categorized. The 200 puzzles in this release will be in the version I release to the app catalog (Once we have figured out the minimums of these new ones that is.) Other then that, there is no other changes, besides renaming it "Blocked HB" (HB for Homebrew) and giving it a new icon to differentiate it from the one I submit to palm.