Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    You have a home-run with this app. I really feel like a light sound with the moving blocks ... and some interesting sound or visual with a completed stage would make it perfect.

My advise is also to focus on the lower level puzzles (sheer number). While producing an Azz-kicking puzzle is cool, and you need the higher levels also ... 98% of your users will give up if there aren't alot of puzzles they can conquer.
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    I really feel like a light sound with the moving blocks ... and some interesting sound or visual with a completed stage would make it perfect.
    Maybe. I'll see if I can find any sounds that seem like they fit. (Any suggestions would be appreciated.) But I will probably have it as an option that starts disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    My advise is also to focus on the lower level puzzles (sheer number). While producing an Azz-kicking puzzle is cool, and you need the higher levels also ... 98% of your users will give up if there aren't alot of puzzles they can conquer.
    You should know I'm not the one designing any of the puzzles. Users are submitting all them, and have been doing a bang up job. I can't thank them enough. I'm pretty happy with how the difficulty split has been naturally working out. I get a pretty regular stream of designs, an average of about 5 or 6 per day. We just broke 100 submitted designs in a little over 2 weeks, so reaching 200 or 300 is only a matter of time (assuming submissions don't slow to a halt.)

While I agree that puzzles people can beat are important, so is challenging them. They aren't going to play it for very long if the majority of the puzzles are too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    At first I was thinking it might be because you were running through a lot in quick succession... But I just played through most the novice levels, and didn't notice any lag.

So I'm sorry, but I don't really know what to tell you about the lag :/
    then dont worry about it...maybe a reboot on my end will fix the problem...thanx anyways
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    then dont worry about it...maybe a reboot on my end will fix the problem...thanx anyways
    Let me know if it does.

One last question: are you tap-hold-dragging or "flicking" when the lag appears?
    Let me know if it does.

One last question: are you tap-hold-dragging or "flicking" when the lag appears?
    well i just flick the boxes bc thats how i did it with my gf's itouch with blocked...with mine i flick the boxes but when it gets stuck i tend to think it didnt register my touch so i do it again by holding the boxes and the boxes go back where they were which is annoying
  6.    #166  
    well i just flick the boxes bc thats how i did it with my gf's itouch with blocked...with mine i flick the boxes but when it gets stuck i tend to think it didnt register my touch so i do it again by holding the boxes and the boxes go back where they were which is annoying
    So when you flick it, it doesn't move at all? Or it goes like almost to the end and stops? Does the speed at which you flick seem to make any difference?
    So when you flick it, it doesn't move at all? Or it goes like almost to the end and stops? Does the speed at which you flick seem to make any difference?
    normally when i start it and i start flicking the boxes...it goes fast...but wut im saying sometimes it tends to take like 2 seconds for the boxes to register my (flicking) but w.e ill try it out later tomorrow bc im realy tired right now
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I will confirm this problem. I have had several puzzles or several instances (maybe not puzzle specific) where a block wouldn't move. There were some times where I wanted to move a block a little, but it would either move all the way to the end or not at all. There were other times where it seemed like a certain block wouldn't move, but then I moved a different block, moved it back, and came back and the block would move again. I will try to remember to write down the puzzle if it happens again.
  9.    #169  
    it tends to take like 2 seconds for the boxes to register my (flicking)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I will confirm this problem.
    Well, I'll see if there is anything I can optimize in the flick event. Though to be honest, there really isn't much going on there. Certainly nothing that should take 2 seconds to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I have had several puzzles or several instances (maybe not puzzle specific) where a block wouldn't move. There were some times where I wanted to move a block a little, but it would either move all the way to the end or not at all. There were other times where it seemed like a certain block wouldn't move, but then I moved a different block, moved it back, and came back and the block would move again. I will try to remember to write down the puzzle if it happens again.
    This I do have an explanation for. The block "constraints" aren't computed until after it considers a block is done being moved. Be it at the end of a flick (after its been moved, so not related to the flick lag problem) or on drag end when you lift your finger. If something gets in the way of this code running (or for some reason it doesn't run,) you get what you saw happen. I would love to know if it happened on a specific puzzle(s).
    Oil, i think the freezing has to do with the 1.1 update.

I am not getting any freezing playing your games but i am getting freezing doing other apps like messaging and web usage since the update.

just adding my two cents
    Great game, love it to death. Only thing I have to say now is the graphics. The pieces should have a slight round on the corners I think to give it less of a choppy look. but otherwise fantastic.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm not very technical...do I need to un-install ver 0.8 first, or can I just install this without doing so?
  13.    #173  
    Should be able to just install right over the top.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Should be able to just install right over the top.
    Perfect, much thanks.
    I ****ing love this game. It took some time, but I beat all the experts this time. I look forward to the new ones.
    Maybe. I'll see if I can find any sounds that seem like they fit. (Any suggestions would be appreciated.) But I will probably have it as an option that starts disabled.
    Here are a few creative commons ones I found after a quick search:

Wood blocks
    freesound :: view sample :: Wood019.wav
    freesound :: view sample :: block falls.wav
    freesound :: view sample :: wood block.wav

concrete block
    freesound :: view sample :: concrete blocks moving3.wav
    freesound :: view sample :: concrete blocks moving1.wav (kinda long)
    freesound :: view sample :: concrete_step_1.wav

some other noise
    freesound :: view sample :: Brump.wav
    i'm addicted to this game app!!
    Oil, I've had this app for a while and thanked you many times, but a few more cant hurt . This is the only homebrew game that I cant seem to put down (chess is the runner up). All the other games are cool, but get boring. This one offers such a challenge that I find myself thinking at 2 am, wow, I should be going to bed soon... just one more puzzle. I love it to death. Maybe if the popularity continues to grow you should make a level duplicate checker to make sure there aren't any. I know I've seen at least one since the 0.8.5 update (expert levels 3 & 9) but its not a big deal. I am still waiting for leaderboards though... . Once again, thanks for everything. I am truly anxious to see what you have in store for us in the future of this app, or any other creations you have .
    thanks for this game. It's very addictive.
    oil,

I hope it was OK but I added the link to your Homebrew Apps location and your description at the beggining of the opening post.

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Blocked

I love that you added the designer mode!

- Craig