Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    For future reference, im not sure if this is already an option, but i cant find it....Maybe also state the least amount of moves possible to beat it?
    As I've previously said, I don't know the minimum number of moves for each puzzle. But I am planning some sort of leaderboard option which will solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Would be sweet if the blocks could have a wooden theme. Or something with steel rivets. If only I was a good artist.
    I've got people working on art for it. So, we'll see what they come up with. (And if anyone else wishes to try their hand at art for it, PM me and I'll get you information.)
    a little not oil, even though i completed #1 on novice several times, the app does not put the check and move number up.

i did start with 3 (user error), and when i notice the check feature i went back to do 1 and 2. 2 got the check, but not 1.

told you it was a little nit.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i completed #1 on novice several times, the app does not put the check and move number up.

i did start with 3 (user error), and when i notice the check feature i went back to do 1 and 2. 2 got the check, but not 1.
    It seems it does that on any of the difficulties, if you don't do #1 first, it won't save it. And always reads the best from the last puzzle you completed. (as I said in the first post, I didn't test this release as much as the others, so thanks for posting this.) I'll get a fix for it into the next release.

If you really must have #1 checked, reset the stats for that difficulty, and start with #1.
    love this game oil thank you
    I actually forgot how fun this game really is after a while i was not able to put it down i keept trying to get less moves than my previos score. Thanks this is a fun App
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    thanks for this awesome game. Not sure if you're aware of this but in the new release puzzles 3 and 9 are actually the same
    My friends are going to download the pre sdk just to play this game. They love it and so do i.
    I agree. Possibly in a next update, different themes? Leader board option is good!
    Last edited by mitch2k12; 07/25/2009 at 04:56 PM.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by superfeen View Post
    Not sure if you're aware of this but in the new release puzzles 3 and 9 are actually the same
    I wasn't aware. I'll remedy it in my next release.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    Possibly in a next update, different themes?
    Theme selection is already something I've got in the works (see previous posts.) In the next update though? That depends on weather or not those who have asked to create art fallow through by the time I go to release it.
    I love this game. It would be nice if you could restore the last state of the game when exiting so when it is restarted we won't have to reselect the play level and find the game last being played.
    I love this game!!!! Thanks!! Awesome idea!!!!
    OIL you are AWESOME!!!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    This is definitely the best game on here so far, excellent job!

I had a few ideas that may help you as this expands (and hopefully into the App Catalog soon):
    1) The duplicate puzzles could become an issue when you have larger numbers of submissions. I know you currently are doing it manually through e-mail, but if it later gets to the point where the app pulls from a repository and can constantly update, implementing a simple "Compare this map's values to this" would be awesome and help you.
    2) Using the benefits of more and more users to actually do your dirty work for you. This could be in a "Try New Puzzles" mode or "Tester" mode or whatever. In this mode apps submitted to the future potential review process can immediately be accessed by testers (since you already verify the puzzles are, in fact, solvable before submitting)
    a) Users play a puzzle, it takes the "number of moves" score and submits it. Taking the lowest number out of all the testers gives you your high score. Throwing a check in there when that puzzle is in the main stream could allow it to auto-update should other users find a lower value.
    b) Two ideas for determining 'difficulty.' Taking the min. number of moves from a and listing them in ascending order/bracketing them. The other option could be that at the end of each puzzle they rate the difficulty. The people that will be making the puzzles may have a very differing view of the difficulty making puzzles unintentionally misplaced initially.
    c) After x number of "tests" (probably a number like 30 which statistically minimizes risk of bias) the puzzle in test gets added to the generic repository for all to see.

Hope this may possibly give food for thought. Keep up the excellent work, I love this and Dot Game, can't wait to see them evolve further and whatever your next projects end up being.
    Last edited by mike_103; 07/27/2009 at 03:10 AM.
  14.    #134  
    Some excellent ideas! I do plan on implementing server-based components to the app (especially now that I've sured up my server somewhat.) I'll defiantly keep your ideas in mind when I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_103 View Post
    can't wait to see them evolve further and whatever your next projects end up being.
    Check the attached screenshot for an awesome teaser of said next project
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oil; 07/27/2009 at 03:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I can't wait for your next project, oil! I love me some Tower Defense and that screenshot looks like a great start. Anything more you can tease from this game?
    bring on tower defense!!!
    Nice app...lokin for more updates
    TOWER DEFENSE!!!!

OIL You are a KING!!!!

Guys DONT FORGET TO SEND A FEW BUCKS OILS WAY THROUGH PAYPAL!!!

these games are literally amazing.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Love your app! I sent you a setup last night. I was wondering if you could integrate Grandpas challlenge into your game?
    Grandpa’s Challenge (Palm OS) - Download

Its the hardset block puzzle i've ever seen and I love to give it to people to try! It would be great to have on the pre. You could just have it in its own category after expert...maybe sensei. Thanks for the great game!
    Oil expert puzzle 8 can be beaten in 8 moves. It should be on beginner in future updates.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast