Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    ideally, any time I ran the app and there was a network connection, it would download *all* the new puzzles onto the phone for me. I'd never be out of date.

One possible way around this-- create "collections" of puzzles on the server, with a limit of X puzzles.

The user picks what collection of puzzles they want to work on, and all those will be downloaded to the phone. If there are new puzzles added to a collection, they automatically get the update.

You could also track when a user has solved all the puzzles in a collection on their phone, and move to the next collection for them, rather than having the user manually pick from a collection.
    I'm not saying its a bad idea. I think downloading new puzzles from the net is a great one. Its simply that my server sucks. And that would be the problem with implementing it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have an idea... Why don't you add an option to set like a difficulty level to limit your moves on higher difficulty to make it more challenging... think before you move...yes, no?
  3.    #43  
    I could do something like that. Right now I'm just trying to get a bunch of puzzles into it, which will be split into novice-intermediate-expert categories.

And it will always show your previous best, so you can always try to beat that number as a challenge.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    I'm not saying its a bad idea. I think downloading new puzzles from the net is a great one. Its simply that my server sucks. And that would be the problem with implementing it.
    Have they turned off Geocities yet?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Have they turned off Geocities yet?
    I would rather cut off my arm with a rusty spoon.
    Maybe... you can have puzzle packs for download within the app... I know that requires more bandwidth but maybe Dieter would be interested in hosting the files for you?
  7.    #47  
    When I have enough puzzles to actually fill the app for a release, and then get enough extra to make a "pack" I'll think more about doing it.

But as it is right now, I've only got about 30-something in the app (not counting the 10 or so I've received today)
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Best game app yet.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Nice update!
    Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    But as it is right now, I've only got about 30-something in the app (not counting the 10 or so I've received today)
    Did you put them in yet or are you waiting? I know i submitted 3 today. just wondering if i get to be part of your app lol
  11.    #51  
    Yeah, I'll probably release an update this weekend with all the new puzzles everyone has submitted.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Looking forward to the update-- this is a great game!
    Thank You for this. This is the best game so far.
    nice app
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update!
    cool app
    Can an update include the option for us to install our own puzzles as we design them? I'd like to play some of the puzzles I made. It'd also help as a record for the puzzles we've already done. I know that it wouldn't survive the next update, but still it'd be nice.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 07/18/2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: remove ickiness
  18.    #58  
    I'll see if I can do something like that.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Yeah, great app.. I just submitted 3 or so puzzles myself under "zeroinfinity2".
    awesome game, spent a lot of time on it
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast