Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Oil any new updates with more puzzles coming?

how about that other game you posted screens of?
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Oil any new updates with more puzzles coming?
    Soonish? I've been working pretty hard on preware recently, and prepping Dot Game for palms catalog. I will probably release another update to blocked with a few more puzzles (submissions have practically stopped) and a re-organization of all the current puzzles (thanks to the transmit bests implementation)

Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    how about that other game you posted screens of?
    The tower defense game has been put on hold for now because I was unable to balance it so it was fun, and with all these other projects going on, I just haven't had time to work on it. I will eventually get back to it though.
    Thx for the quick reply oil!

Wishing you lots o luck with ur app catalogue release!
  5.    #225  
    Been a while since I've updated this app. But I just posted 0.9.1. (should show up in the gallery soonish.)

It includes 26 new puzzles, a bunch of reorganization of the older puzzles based on the bests you've all uploaded for me, and some tweaks to how blocks are moved to try and remove some problems people have had with dragging them. It now doesn't count multiple moves to the same piece.

(note: this version will remove all your previously saved moves when you install it)

Let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by oil; 09/12/2009 at 04:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    The tower defense game has been put on hold for now because I was unable to balance it so it was fun, and with all these other projects going on, I just haven't had time to work on it. I will eventually get back to it though.
    Please do! I understand you are busy. However, know that I am addicted to tower defense games, and I will test the hell outta every version you put in homebrew, report all errors, give suggestions, and pay for the game once it hits the official app catalog! You have my full support, so the sooner you get started on this, the better!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I like the new 3d icon
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I also love tower defense games. If you want help, you know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I like the new 3d icon
    Seconded, I wish all app developers would put that clear circle icon behind their existing icon just so all the apps would look more streamlined like Palm intended with their own icons. One of the worst icons ever is the WikiHow icon.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Love the game, but I have a question about Novice Puzzle #18. It says that the best is 6 moves, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it in anything less than 7 moves.

I'm not really looking for the solution, but rather want to know if anyone here has been able to do it in 6 moves.
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlee View Post
    Love the game, but I have a question about Novice Puzzle #18. It says that the best is 6 moves, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it in anything less than 7 moves.

I'm not really looking for the solution, but rather want to know if anyone here has been able to do it in 6 moves.
    All of the lowest move counts were submitted by players. (meaning, they got that number, and then transfered their bests.) However, I just played that puzzle and it does indeed seem to require 7 moves at minimum. 3 down, 3 over, and the red one up.

It could have just been a data entry error on my part when moving the lowest counts from the database to the javascript.

I would love to know if anyone else can get 6 on novice #18
    I would love to know if anyone else can get 6 on novice #18
    I think novice #18 on 0.9.0 is now #17 on 0.9.1.

That one can be done in 6 moves.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLP View Post
    I think novice #18 on 0.9.0 is now #17 on 0.9.1.

That one can be done in 6 moves.
    Nope... We're talking about #18 on 0.9.1

#17 can be done in 5 too
  14.    #234  
    Just posted a new update with 19 new puzzles to bring the grand total to 200!
    Man, I used to play this game a lot. then, the new expert ones became too hard, lol.
    Still a good game to play.
    With the new version (0.9.2), Intermediate #51 and #52 are identical.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

After uninstalling and reinstalling version .9.1, the best for #18 is 7 moves.
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickb0y View Post
    With the new version (0.9.2), Intermediate #51 and #52 are identical.
    After uninstalling and reinstalling version .9.1, the best for #18 is 7 moves.
    I plan to fix both of these in the next release.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I plan to fix both of these in the next release.
    The correct "best" for #18 is 7. Previously, it was listed as only 6, even after I upgraded to .9.1. It wasn't until I uninstalled .9.1 and reinstalled it that the correct "best" showed up.

In other words, it appears that it is correct now.
    Another pair of duplicates if you hadn't noticed already: expert #9 and expert #12.