Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    I can't beat the experts!!!! I love this game..
  2.    #182  
    Just posted a new release!

IPK uploads are disabled in the forums, so you'll need to get it from the homebrew apps page for it.

It includes the ability to upload/download bests for each puzzle. Giving you a reason to replay puzzles you've completed to try and master them.
    Hmmm. I installed 0.9.0 through filecoaster and ended up with an empty black scene. I'll try doing it manually and see what happens.

Edit: Nope, still just all black. I tried deleting the previous version first too.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Thank you!
    Awesome release
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmmm. I installed 0.9.0 through filecoaster and ended up with an empty black scene. I'll try doing it manually and see what happens.

Edit: Nope, still just all black. I tried deleting the previous version first too.
    Awww

Is anyone else having this problem? I can't seem to reproduce it (to be able to fix it.)

I just tried removing it, installing 0.8.5, playing some and creating a puzzle, then installing 0.9.0 over the top, and there was no problem. (though, I'm not using filecoaster.)
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    For the record, I installed using filecoaster after having 0.8.5. I deleted before the install, and it works fine. Maybe try a soft reset after install? I usually do this as a habit (but didn't this time and it worked). Just a thought.
  8.    #188  
    jhoff80-- I was finally able to reproduce it when updating to 0.9.0 from 0.8.0 instead of 0.8.5. (did you have 0.8.5 installed?)

I've corrected the problem, and uploaded a new 0.9.0 ipk to the homebrew catalog. Let me know if you still have the black screen problem with the new 0.9.0 ipk.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    jhoff80-- I was finally able to reproduce it when updating to 0.9.0 from 0.8.0 instead of 0.8.5. (did you have 0.8.5 installed?)

I've corrected the problem, and uploaded a new 0.9.0 ipk to the homebrew catalog. Let me know if you still have the black screen problem with the new 0.9.0 ipk.
    I thought I had 0.8.5, but it's fully possible I was on 0.8.0. The issue is fixed though, thanks.

Though, that reminds me. Every now and then I have an issue where I'm trying to slide a block all the way to the edge and it looks like it's going to, but when I lift my finger it jumps back a space. Is it just something I'm doing wrong, or happening for others as well?
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Every now and then I have an issue where I'm trying to slide a block all the way to the edge and it looks like it's going to, but when I lift my finger it jumps back a space. Is it just something I'm doing wrong, or happening for others as well?
    With a tap-hold-drag? Flicks shouldn't have that problem.

When tap-hold-dragging, you have to actually drag it over the "winning plane" off the side for it to say you've won. If you come up short, it will snap to the closest constraints.
    I love you
    This is probably the best game available on the Pre (either in the App catalog or homebrew). It's a great time killer and is very well designed.

Question: I just finished a puzzle and a little star showed up. What does this mean? I assume the green checkmarks mean that I completed the puzzle with the lowest possible number of moves. Does the star mean that I have the lowest score compared to others on the internet, or is it something else?
  13.    #193  
    Yeah, the help scene explains it. The star means your best is lower then the overall lowest. If you get one, give yourself a pat on the back, then visit the preferences and re-transfer your bests. So people can try to beat your best.

Everyone should do this as I'll be using the minimum for each puzzle to reorganize the puzzle categories in the next release.
    I should have checked the "Help" screen before asking.

Do you have plans to make the "transfer bests" an automatic, behind-the-scenes operation anytime anyone gets a "star" score? This would make the server stats more accurate as there may be some people that don't perform the "transfer beats" operation everytime.

Also, I think the "check for updates" feature is excellent. Every app should have this (ideally it would be something built into the Mojo framework). Do you have plans on performing this operation automatically when the application starts?
    Hey Oil! Thanks for the App! Probably my fav. app on my phone so far! I was playing the version that's on the iphone and it seems like the movement on the iphone is a lot more crisp. I was wondering if you are trying to smooth out the animations even more so it's a lot more natural. It's just a suggesstion because I myself couldn't ever code an app like this (or any app for that matter) but in either case, Thanks a freaking Lot. Love the App. Keep up the good work.
    Hi Oil - I'm having trouble moving the blocks horizontally. I've tried deleting the program & re-downloading & I'm still having the problem.
    Actually, I'm just having trouble moving some blocks in general.
    gonna try it out, looks good.
    I don't suppose you keep track of who sets the best scores for each puzzle, do you? It's just that I have gold-starred a few of the expert puzzles now and I, humbly of course, want to retain my bragging rights.
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Do you have plans to make the "transfer bests" an automatic, behind-the-scenes operation anytime anyone gets a "star" score? This would make the server stats more accurate as there may be some people that don't perform the "transfer beats" operation everytime.
    Not really. Because then there would be no "HEY! A STAR!" feel-good notification.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think the "check for updates" feature is excellent. Every app should have this (ideally it would be something built into the Mojo framework). Do you have plans on performing this operation automatically when the application starts?
    The reason I've made all the connections to the server manual is in an attempt to lessen the load it puts on the server. If anything, the plan is to remove it once something else, be it a homebrew catalog, or palms catalog, takes over managing updates.

Quote Originally Posted by sjomar View Post
    I was playing the version that's on the iphone and it seems like the movement on the iphone is a lot more crisp. I was wondering if you are trying to smooth out the animations even more so it's a lot more natural.
    I'm always trying to improve the movement and animations.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTemplar View Post
    Hi Oil - I'm having trouble moving the blocks horizontally. I've tried deleting the program & re-downloading & I'm still having the problem.
    Is anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Fidicinal View Post
    I don't suppose you keep track of who sets the best scores for each puzzle, do you? It's just that I have gold-starred a few of the expert puzzles now and I, humbly of course, want to retain my bragging rights.
    No, it's not storing who uploads what.