webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > PreMemo - Animated memory game v1.0 (7/12)
PreMemo - Animated memory game v1.0 (7/12)

Old 07/12/2009, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Time to release another simple yet fun game. I haven't tested on pre, so please provide me with some feedback. I will check them tomorrow morning, I need some sleep now.

PreMemo: Memorize the images and find their corresponding pairs.

------------------------------------------------------------

Donate here if you like my apps

Todo:
  • Submit your name/score to a online database
  • Add sounds
  • Add start/reset game
  • Add Pause
  • Add random background images

Attached Files
File Type: ipk com.danielfarina.prememo_1.0_all.ipk (405.5 KB, 1387 views) Email Attachment
Download URL:

Last edited by elchileno; 07/12/2009 at 04:22 AM.
elchileno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2009, 04:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yay i will report back soon
jack87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2009, 04:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Cool game. no issue with notifications effecting the resizing and centering of game however you do have the yellow highlight issue that was present on 1.4 and bellow of the tetris app. as for the score i really do not understand it. it just seems to be going up as if it was counting seconds.

on another note. glad to see you are getting some sleep for what its worth haha

do need a reset button for the same puzzle and a new game for a new puzzle. also some sort of pause if it has anything to do with the score... but if pause allows you to view open squares then cheating comes into play so if pause can some how turn all squares over if there is any open.

Update:
faster i solve the lower my score... hum so to win you want as low of score possible. perhaps change the score to time and then have some sort of a best time table that gets set and allows you to try to beat your best times.. giving people a reason to play the game more then once

as for the name.. PreMemo might confuse people with a memo/note app might want to consider renaming the app

Update 2:
perhaps scratch the reset button idea no need for that. but would like to be able to open a new game without closing the app in the middle of a puzzle

Update 3:
Name idea... i never come up with cleaver stuff im excited about this remember.....
PreMember

Last edited by jack87; 07/12/2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07/12/2009, 08:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Is anyone else annoyed that ya can't open two cards at and time and when they don't match, have them flip back over. The game just has you keep flipping the cards till you get a match but you don't see the matched card, it just disappears. How about have a delay a second when you get a match.

But like I said my biggest "grip" (its a well done game don't get me wrong) is that you just keep flipping cards. Have it so you flip two then the board resets. And as stated above, tell us how the scoring works, lowest wins? And yes I think the name should be changed... I clicked onto the thread thinking it was going to be a memo style app, not a game. I like 'PreMember' nice play on words.

In conclusion... Great concept! Well done! And keep up the good work.

(edit)installed on Pre (not SDK) FYI

Last edited by Webby_s; 07/12/2009 at 08:39 AM.
Webby_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2009, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks I will test this out when i get home tonight!

Interesting game play. I don't mind the one card flip that much. Actually makes the gameplay more fast pace which I like. But I do get a yellow square pop up ocassionally once it was cleared it would keep turning the square yellow. Love the backgrounds. All in all very nice! Thanks Again!

Last edited by TMed_ATL; 07/12/2009 at 05:59 PM.
TMed_ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2009, 12:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
Is anyone else annoyed that ya can't open two cards at and time and when they don't match, have them flip back over. The game just has you keep flipping the cards till you get a match but you don't see the matched card, it just disappears. How about have a delay a second when you get a match.

But like I said my biggest "grip" (its a well done game don't get me wrong) is that you just keep flipping cards. Have it so you flip two then the board resets. And as stated above, tell us how the scoring works, lowest wins? And yes I think the name should be changed... I clicked onto the thread thinking it was going to be a memo style app, not a game. I like 'PreMember' nice play on words.

In conclusion... Great concept! Well done! And keep up the good work.

(edit)installed on Pre (not SDK) FYI
the ability to have two cards showing for a moment would be another thing to look into doing and a slight delay when both cards are revealed will add a bit of satisfaction when you succeed in matching
Old 07/12/2009, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Also the scoring is currently based on time. Most memory games are based on pairs.
The score goes up with each pair you tap, regardless of a match or not. That way you really have to remember where the mate is, vs taping really fast to find it again.
Old 07/12/2009, 04:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll go trough each of them later on tonight. Thanks
elchileno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2009, 04:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Great job! One suggestion, make sure that when you add sound to make it mutable for people that like to play without sound. And Jacks suggestion would be cool too. Keep up the good programming.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2009, 04:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

I just installed it, but have to get busy on other stuff, so I'll give my two cents later. For the moment, I agree with the name issue as I first thought it was a Memo/Note app of some kind.
Colonel Kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2009, 07:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

It wont install for me forsome reason! im using sdk method. im at the path and i enter "palm-install com.danielfarina.prememo_1.0_all.ipk" but it says ipk package failed.
Nique0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2009, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

You could just leave matches showing. Look at this one:
Its Jamaica Man
Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2009, 12:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

Just a thought, you might consider changing the name of the app slightly - the first thing I thought of when I saw 'PreMemo' was that this was some sort of modification / enhancement of the Pre's Memo app.

rotello
rotello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2009, 01:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Not big on Memory games but still installed it and it worked great and was surprisingly kinda fun.
Manding0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2009, 03:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Nice app. I would like it better if the first one selected until a short time after the second one is selected. Good start. keep it going.
Wizzard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2009, 10:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Fun little game. I'm working on a version myself. It might be nice if you gave credit to the person who wrote the original code you are using, too.
Old 07/14/2009, 01:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

Thank you and look forward to the new ones
acculver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2009, 02:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

Works Great!
coojoe1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/2009, 07:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

will be great with start and reset button. any way love the game
thanks alot for amazing game
kamsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/21/2009, 07:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

I know you've been working hard on Blockdrop lately so this haven't been updated in a while. I just installed this on my Pre, I will give it a try and provide some feedback.

Is it possible for you to try making a BattleFleet game maybe? I'm just throwing it out there. Kinda figured it's a bit similar to this, as far as being hidden and finding stuff (hit and miss). I added this link (http://www.rogerkenny.com/battlefleet/) to the launcher on my Pre, but it would be nice if it was the actual game all into it self.

Last edited by DD007; 07/21/2009 at 07:24 PM.
DD007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0