View Poll Results: How much is this app worth to you?

Voters
376. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1

118 31.38%
  • $2

42 11.17%
  • more than $2

22 5.85%
  • nothing

194 51.60%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    App is now available through the app gallery.
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/stopwatch-timer

LATEST VERSION 0.1.4

I have created a blog for this app, and future apps. Six Crackers In a Minute

Please visit the site for more information regarding the app.

0.1.4 Release Notes:

* Fixed URL for support website.

* Preference for default starting mode.

* Menu item for switching between modes with shortcuts m-Menu, s-Stopwatch, t-Timer
    Last edited by sambao21; 08/07/2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Add site, and move release notes there
    Wow I love it! Definitely a great start! Does it run even with Pre screen off?
  3.    #3  
    should, it worked for me.
    Yep it absolutely does.. thanks! Look forward to updates.

Suggestion: Could you add any Keyboard shortcuts? It'd be great if Start/Stop was the spacebar. For times when you need to be ready and it's a split second thing and you don't need to look down.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    I just ran it in the emulator, didnt get to install it on my pre yet but did you make the numbers on the keyboard to be able to enter countdown time ? and maybe make spacebar start and stop the clock also.
    Good App! Was wondering when well see a stopwatch app, was about to make one this weekend. Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Yep it absolutely does.. thanks! Look forward to updates.

Suggestion: Could you add any Keyboard shortcuts? It'd be great if Start/Stop was the spacebar. For times when you need to be ready and it's a split second thing and you don't need to look down.
    added to TODO list
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    I just ran it in the emulator, didnt get to install it on my pre yet but did you make the numbers on the keyboard to be able to enter countdown time ? and maybe make spacebar start and stop the clock also.
    added to TODO LIST
    Just some feedback but you may wanna add recropping support for the card for notifications while in Timer mode. When you have notifications at the bottom, the Reset button is cutoff somewhat from the card view.
    Nice job: Two things off the start: 1) Either the Timer or the Stopwatch should be on the fist page. The best solution might be to let the user set their own default. And 2) the Timer/keypad page HAS to fit on the page without scrolling. The Start/Stop and Reset buttons could easily fit side by side if you chose.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetreoguys View Post
    Just some feedback but you may wanna add recropping support for the card for notifications while in Timer mode. When you have notifications at the bottom, the Reset button is cutoff somewhat from the card view.
    i'm actually not really feeling the notification right now. because i actually want the user to interact with the timer(just like my oven, which is my inspiration, does) to get back into the app, so i may not have that little feature in this next release.
    I have tested this on my own local device using the developer mode install method. Please let me know if it doesn't work for anyone.

for us non-coders, what does this mean and is there a link to it?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by srdiamond View Post
    I have tested this on my own local device using the developer mode install method. Please let me know if it doesn't work for anyone.

for us non-coders, what does this mean and is there a link to it?
    it's just the instructions here in this sticky:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-1-0-4-a.html
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    very nice!
    Can you please include an image in the first post?
    Very nice! It works fine in the background, even while launching other apps.

Adding an option of starting by default in either countdown or stopwatch (with button to switch to the other) would be nice.
    After the timer reaches zero, it should return to the previously set time, not remain at zero.
    Love it!

Great for games, events, etc.

I also would love it if the count down timer reset back to the time instead of staying at zero.

I hope you are happy with your decision to post it here instead of just have a private beta test. You are getting great feedback.

Thank you!

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/10/2009 at 10:30 PM.
    Thank you so much! I really needed this yesterday when i went for a quick jog. Looking forward to any updates.

Small suggestions:
    It would be great to be able to "split" times in stopwatch mode. For example, have a separate button next to stop to be able to mark a certain point in time, say, for each lap without having to reset the timer.
    Last edited by Dtom2444; 07/11/2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Suggestion
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Love it!

Great for games, events, etc.

I also would love it if the count down timer reset back to the time instead of staying at zero.

I hope you are happy with your decision to post it here instead of just have a private beta test. You are getting great feedback.

Thank you!

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    After the timer reaches zero, it should return to the previously set time, not remain at zero.
    is this a feature that a lot of people would like? i've never thought of this because please remember, my inspiration for this timer is my oven timer (to keep track of my grilling times), and it doesn't reset. however, if this is a common feature on newer timers that people want, i'll add this in.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast