View Poll Results: How much is this app worth to you?

Voters
376. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1

118 31.38%
  • $2

42 11.17%
  • more than $2

22 5.85%
  • nothing

194 51.60%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    yeah, i need it to support less than 5 minutes. i've actually not being actively working on this project right now, but i'm hoping the api can be resolved to have wake up occur less than 5 minutes. i'd hate to have to keep the pre on for 5 minutes if the user has it set in their profile to shut at 1 minute. just seems like i'm violating that rule. ideally i would like to be able to wake up the phone at any time. i dont have a solution in the meantime, sorry.
    I hadn't tested it for greater than 5 minutes. Just did and it works fine with time settings above 5 minutes.

Thanks. One of the main things I've missed from my Treo has been a count down timer!

Tony
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Great app and it worked pretty flawlessly. Might I make a few suggestions though of things I would like.
    -Make the reset button reset the timer to the last used time and perhaps a 'clear' button or something to set the timer to 0. The timer I had on my Treo had this feature and it made it great for playing games as well. For example, ff there was a one minute time limit for a turn you could set it and then after the timer is up simply hit reset to take it back to one minute rather than retype one minute. Just a thought.
    Updated thread title to no longer show version number here.

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Stopwatch/Timer

- Craig
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocKettel View Post
    Great app and it worked pretty flawlessly. Might I make a few suggestions though of things I would like.
    -Make the reset button reset the timer to the last used time and perhaps a 'clear' button or something to set the timer to 0. The timer I had on my Treo had this feature and it made it great for playing games as well. For example, ff there was a one minute time limit for a turn you could set it and then after the timer is up simply hit reset to take it back to one minute rather than retype one minute. Just a thought.
    the timer will auto reset itself back to what you set to when it runs out. will that not suffice?

e.g. so if you set it for 1 min, when that 1 minute is up, it'll reset back to 1 min automatically.
  6.    #146  
    i have a version 0.1.5 that i would like someone to test for me. it fixes the < 5 minute time awake issue. please pm.
    I just figured out cracker mode, and im proud of myself! So I felt the need to post here.
    I find this app very useful. Plus I got a new Palm Pre because of it! Last week I noticed my palm pre would become unresponsive while asleep. Eventually it would respond and the screen would come on. Took it in explained the problem they didnt know what else to do so they gave me a new palm pre. Well today I noticed this problem happening again and i noticed i was running this app. I remembered the app was running the last time this happened as well. Anyone else notice that while youre counting down it sometimes takes a while for the screen to come back on when you hit the power button of flip open the pre???? What is it? Does the app use that many resources? Id also like to mention that the screen on my new pre is flawless, the old one had a big time brightspot on the lower left hand corner so I should have traded it in because of that anyway
  9.    #149  
    getting a new pre is definitely not one of the functionalities It shouldn't be using some much resources that it makes things unresponsive, no more than pandora or any of the built in apps. so when the app is running, how long would you say for the screen to come back on when you hit the power button?
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    getting a new pre is definitely not one of the functionalities It shouldn't be using some much resources that it makes things unresponsive, no more than pandora or any of the built in apps. so when the app is running, how long would you say for the screen to come back on when you hit the power button?
    It doesn't happen all the time. When it does happen it has taken between 15 seconds to a few minutes. Most of the time it comes right out of sleep but from time to time its unresponisve. When it does come out of sleep I can tell everything has been running fine including the timer.
    anything that might work in the gym is good for me.
    I use this nearly every day. made it into my quick launch bar.

major ups on this!
    Possible bug: With an active stopwatch running in the background (minimized? card view?) I tried to make a call. The phone did not respond as usual, in that the screen did not turn back on when I pulled the phone away from my face so that I could use the keyboard.

I tried the call again, and the same thing.

When I stopped the stopwatch, closed the app, and retried the call, the phone went back to normal operation.

Let me know if you want any more details.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Could you make the display name just "Stopwatch"? I did the mod to put 4 icons in a row on my launcher, and the current name is just too long.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    thank you for this app!
    Enjoying my latte now, and I timed the shot with your app! Thanks!
    definitely going to try this. thanks
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I was running the timer, and the screen went black when I received a call. I coud not revive the screen after the phone call was over, and had to do a soft reboot to get back to normal.
    A feature that was brought up by Dieter Bohn recently, have a button to reset to the last set time on the timer. Meaning I set the timer for 30 seconds, when I hit "reset" it go back to 30 seconds instead of 0. Which then might suggest a third button "Clear" to zero out the timer.
    If I'm doing lap times, it would be nice to have also delta time between last split...
    for swimming, it's nice to know what each 50yard swim is.... not just the real split time.

[edit...I have more time and can explain better.]
    I time for my son's 1 mile swims. Be nice to have at each split...the elapsed time since start (which is already there) and elapsed time since last split (this is the new request).

Great app.
    Last edited by mikemilr; 09/02/2009 at 09:11 PM.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast