View Poll Results: How much is this app worth to you?

Voters
376. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1

118 31.38%
  • $2

42 11.17%
  • more than $2

22 5.85%
  • nothing

194 51.60%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Looks great!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Would it be possible to add a repeating countdown timer?

If the timer gets to zero it should sound the alarm and start over from the original set time and continue counting down. All without user intervention. The user should be allowed to stop the sound by pressing any button but the timer should continue unless "Stop" is pressed.

This would be useful for timing a poker game where the blinds go up every 15 minutes. I would also use it for grilling where I would flip the meat every 4 minutes.

Great work. The program looks great.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Could someone help me get this on my phone? It won't install by simply clicking on the link via e-mail on the Pre!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    Could someone help me get this on my phone? It won't install by simply clicking on the link via e-mail on the Pre!
    hahaha
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    Would it be possible to add a repeating countdown timer?

If the timer gets to zero it should sound the alarm and start over from the original set time and continue counting down. All without user intervention. The user should be allowed to stop the sound by pressing any button but the timer should continue unless "Stop" is pressed.

This would be useful for timing a poker game where the blinds go up every 15 minutes. I would also use it for grilling where I would flip the meat every 4 minutes.

Great work. The program looks great.
    count down timers often count up after they have reached zero so that one knows the actual time since starting the count-down timer. Perhaps there could be an option for how one wants the countdown timer to behave when it reaches zero (since just restarting over without user intervention seems potentially confusing to me.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    (since just restarting over without user intervention seems potentially confusing to me.
    Casio watches have had this function for years. It gets to zero sounds the alarm for 10 seconds and the timer continues its next cycle. A few countdown programs for Windows Mobile did it too. Just a suggestion. Although, I do see a poker timer app which will do the trick quite nicely for now.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
  7.    #127  
    thanks for the suggestions. i'll consider all of them, but i dont know when an update will come since it's in a pretty useable state right now. next update might be when it hits the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    someone help this guy!
    You have been selected by the PreCentral's members as one of the top Homebrew Applications. Congratulations!

Here is the list:

1. My Notifications - set sounds for Pre alerts - Kaerey
    2. BlockDrop (was Pretris) - elchileno
    3. DevMode Launcher - no more codes to type! - cstucker
    4. Solitaire Card Game -t.tokarczyk01
    5. PrePackage: Package Tracking
    6. My Tether-Tether over WiFi, USB, and BT - aonic
    7. Translator - 20+ Languages - roar
    8. Dot Game - oil
    9. Stopwatch/Timer - sambao21
    10. Tip Calculator *Redux* -PreGame
    11. WxRad Animated Weather Radar -adsllc
    12. Dilbert/Garfield Daily Comics - roar
    13. Brickbreaker - kmax12
    14. Snake - roar
    15. Checkers -kesne
    16. Farts - CTL Advance
    17. PREtracker - GPS - kmax12
    18. Chess - rboatright
    19. Soundboard - sound effects machine - lrdavis4
    20. Scientific Calculator - rboatright

Thank you for everything you have done so far!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is just my issue or not, but I seem to be having a hard time hearing the notification when the countdown reaches zero. I noticed this on the Poker Timer app also. My volume seems to be all the way up but I can barely hear anything.

Does anyone else seem to have this problem? Does anyone know how I might remedy this? I really like both of these apps, but if I can't hear the alarm, they are basically useless to me.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    This is great. some suggestions for useful enhancements:

1. allow multiple concurrently running timers or stopwatches.
    2. Allow saving different timer configurations (i.e., 15 sec timer, 2 min timer, so on).
    3. Allow different alert tones and configurable donations.

Thanks,
    JimS
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Simple and it works great! Just what we need. Good work.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Okay... running latest version of stopwatch/timer on WebOS 1.1.0.

Countdown timer continues to work if screen is turned off then back on before timer stops.

However, if screen is turned off at least 2 seconds before time is up, alarm does not sound until the screen is turned back on. This is similar to but not exactly the same as the problem I was having with Timer On A Stick, but seems to have the same root cause.

Changing the "turn off after" time does not affect this.
    Changing "Notifications: Show When Locked" also does not affect this.

Can anyone else reproduce this?
    What other settings might be triggering this?

Also I actually witnessed the countdown timer increment itself back up by about a second once, most likely because of the clock skew issue I mentioned previously. Not a big deal.
    I installed the app yesterday and have seen the same thing. The alarm will not go off unless the screen is turned back on.
    Did I need this ... Thanks!
    Suggestion: disable the Reset button in both stopwatch and timer if they are actively timing something. Make it so you have to press Stop before pressing Reset works. It's too easy to accidentally hit the reset button and screw up something you were in the middle of timing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    Okay... running latest version of stopwatch/timer on WebOS 1.1.0.

Countdown timer continues to work if screen is turned off then back on before timer stops.

However, if screen is turned off at least 2 seconds before time is up, alarm does not sound until the screen is turned back on. This is similar to but not exactly the same as the problem I was having with Timer On A Stick, but seems to have the same root cause.

Changing the "turn off after" time does not affect this.
    Changing "Notifications: Show When Locked" also does not affect this.

Can anyone else reproduce this?
    What other settings might be triggering this?

Also I actually witnessed the countdown timer increment itself back up by about a second once, most likely because of the clock skew issue I mentioned previously. Not a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by atalbert View Post
    I installed the app yesterday and have seen the same thing. The alarm will not go off unless the screen is turned back on.
    I've seen the same thing. I hope it isn't a problem with the SDK.
    This is a cool app its one that I wont use it all of the time but truly wish had come with the phone from the start.
    I reported this problem some time ago upthread. I frequently (but not invariably) observed it on short timer periods. At the time, sambao was thinking it was related to an SDK limitation that wouldn't let him schedule a wake-up event for the Pre anything shorter than 5 minutes into the future. Has anyone observed this problem on timer settings of more than 5 + (your shut off time) minutes?

I haven't seen the problem for a long time, and I've been using the timer for "real" events where the time is rather longer than the short trials I was doing initially (where I saw the bug).

If this really is an SDK limitation, perhaps the timer module needs to either:

1. hold the Pre on during the entire duration of short timer runs
    2. do range checking on the timer setting and prevent short runs altogether
    Shorter times are a necessity, I use it for grilling and rarely have times 5 mins or more.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast