View Poll Results: How much is this app worth to you?

Voters
376. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1

118 31.38%
  • $2

42 11.17%
  • more than $2

22 5.85%
  • nothing

194 51.60%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Good look & function.

If I could offer anything ... it would be sound.

A timer that plays a "beep" at certain intervals ... is useful for exercise, etc...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    those are good thoughts. i had also considered making it constantly play the sound (just like my oven timer, the muse for this app). So yeah i think that's do able, and I should probably make the notification stick, and i may change that up a little too to be an alert dialog that you have to interact with instead of just a notification.

I can very easily make a pref for light/dark theme. Didn't know if anyone really cared for the light theme, but that should be easy.
    Even if only one person likes the light theme over the dark, you're still adding him as a user instead of pushing him away by enabling the feature. Successful apps depend on usability and features, in my opinion. Having a flexible color scheme may be something most don't care about but it's nice to have and gives options for those who want to switch it around.

Constantly ringing notifications, alerts sticking instead of disappearing, and custom sounds (especially) would all be great improvements.
  4.    #104  
    Ok, new version is out. Please report back with any bugs you may find.

* Made light and dark themes preference.

* Made timer alert persist and play alarm every 10 seconds.

* Split will add the newest lap to the top of the list.

* Preference for timer precision.
    You need to PM Darth Pooh to get him to update the thread title so people know that your app has been updated as opposed to merely being discussed.

Updating the title of your OP does not update the thread title visible from the forum. Only a Mod can do that.
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    You need to PM Darth Pooh to get him to update the thread title so people know that your app has been updated as opposed to merely being discussed.

Updating the title of your OP does not update the thread title visible from the forum. Only a Mod can do that.
    I know, I've just been lazy in contacting him, but just did now so hopefully everyone will know of the new version.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    what happen to the icon??
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acculver View Post
    what happen to the icon??
    Delete then reinstall, that worked for me.
    Thanks i never thought i would use a stopwatch but it actually came in handy at work thanks for the app
    alright, so i've been trying to install this app and have only installed one other "homebrew app" (simplyflipflops). however, i can't get this to install. am i the only one having problems with this?

the steps i'm taking to install this app are clicking the email link on the first page of this thread and clicking the link in the email it sends me from my pre. it will highlight the link and de-highlight it right away with no indications of the system downloading/installing anything (in terms of being a little more sluggish even). granted, this was the same way I installed the flipflops app, but that one actually installed.

any tips?
  11.    #111  
    Updated to 0.1.4 with a much requested default app capability. please let me know of any issue you guys may find. thanks and enjoy
    So far this is great. May I suggest a new option under preferences that would allow us to specify what tone/alert we want to play when time completes? The current tone is too quiet. You will never make everyone happy with a specific tone so the option to choose our own would be great.

Thank you.
    Wow.

This just keeps getting better!

I can't wait to see what else you do!

- Craig
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickonline View Post
    So far this is great. May I suggest a new option under preferences that would allow us to specify what tone/alert we want to play when time completes? The current tone is too quiet. You will never make everyone happy with a specific tone so the option to choose our own would be great.

Thank you.
    Already planned
    Have you taken a look at PrePoch? They seem to have gotten the timer to continue with the card being closed... Would be a great feature
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Just downloaded 0.1.4. Thank you for implementing the timer precision preference (prefer if I could chunk the display all the way down to just seconds though).

FWIW, this morning I used 0.1.2 for the first time since receiving the 1.10 WebOS update, and I had several no-audible-alarm instances on timer settings of 5 or 3 minutes.

Details: My Pre is set to shut down at 2 minutes. The missed alerts happened both after autoshutdown or after manually turning off the screen. In each case, I turned the Pre on after the time had elapsed without an audible alarm and saw that the timer was stopped and displaying the original set time. On at least one occasion, there was a notification at the bottom of the screen saying "Time is up." (or similar; didn't copy down the exact phrase).

After about 5 missed audio alerts, it started working again, and I had 4 trials in a row where everything worked fine.

While typing this, I did a 3 minute trial that again failed to sound the audible alarm. Interestingly, I noticed that at about the time the alarm SHOULD have sounded, the screen lit up to show the screen unlock display, but dimmed again after about a second. (This could have been happening on all the bad trials - hadn't noticed before, but it's kind of fleeting and I could easily have missed it.) (Just tried again and noticed the same thing). Note: I don't have a PIN on my unlock screen, it's just drag to unlock.

Again, this was with 0.1.2. I'm loading 0.1.4 now and will keep testing.
    Last edited by dwhitman; 07/26/2009 at 08:08 AM.
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Have you taken a look at PrePoch? They seem to have gotten the timer to continue with the card being closed... Would be a great feature
    could you send me a link? what do you mean with the card being closed? like a background app? i haven't decided yet to have that feature. personally i like just keeping all my cards open (except for pandora because it seems to drain the battery even when it's not playing). multi task is the greatest thing about this phone, and therefore i think of it as something neat not have to close the card.

but if the demand is there the maybe it can be a preference.
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Just downloaded 0.1.4. Thank you for implementing the timer precision preference (prefer if I could chunk the display all the way down to just seconds though).

FWIW, this morning I used 0.1.2 for the first time since receiving the 1.10 WebOS update, and I had several no-audible-alarm instances on timer settings of 5 or 3 minutes.

Details: My Pre is set to shut down at 2 minutes. The missed alerts happened both after autoshutdown or after manually turning off the screen. In each case, I turned the Pre on after the time had elapsed without an audible alarm and saw that the timer was stopped and displaying the original set time. On at least one occasion, there was a notification at the bottom of the screen saying "Time is up." (or similar; didn't copy down the exact phrase).

After about 5 missed audio alerts, it started working again, and I had 4 trials in a row where everything worked fine.

While typing this, I did a 3 minute trial that again failed to sound the audible alarm. Interestingly, I noticed that at about the time the alarm SHOULD have sounded, the screen lit up to show the screen unlock display, but dimmed again after about a second. (This could have been happening on all the bad trials - hadn't noticed before, but it's kind of fleeting and I could easily have missed it.) (Just tried again and noticed the same thing). Note: I don't have a PIN on my unlock screen, it's just drag to unlock.

Again, this was with 0.1.2. I'm loading 0.1.4 now and will keep testing.
    thanks for the feedback. i'm hoping with 0.1.4 which persists the message as will constant sound playback until you close the message, will help, but fundamentally the api won't let me wake up the phone under 5 minutes, so i need to request them to allow that capability. until then, i'll look into some other tricks.
    Awesome!! thanks! this is the first app i have seen like this that will run with the screen off!!!
    Yeah... I see you checked out the epoch thread... And I'm all down for a preference to run in background. If for nothing else, just to cover my **** when I accidentally close the card
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging