View Poll Results: How much is this app worth to you?

Voters
376. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1

118 31.38%
  • $2

42 11.17%
  • more than $2

22 5.85%
  • nothing

194 51.60%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    i've fixed this, however, i have submitted my application to palm for distribution through their app store. so i plan on distributing it here as well. hopefully i hear back from palm soon and every can get updates through the app store. thanks for the all the support and feedback and keep an eye out from me for more apps.

so we will have to wait until fall for the update?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    so we will have to wait until fall for the update?
    hopefully not. let me see exactly what palm's process is and how long it takes for something submitted to appear on the app catalog. if it's going to be until sept, then i'll post an update here a lot sooner than that.
    Can I get the appID for this app. I have this app which works great but I want to intergrate it with the Active Home Screen App so i can have it on my launcher wave.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Just so I'm straight on this. The next update will fix the intermittent sound issue some of us are having? or is version 0.0.7 already fixed?

Thanks in advance.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by RB26 View Post
    Just so I'm straight on this. The next update will fix the intermittent sound issue some of us are having? or is version 0.0.7 already fixed?

Thanks in advance.
    0.0.7 is not fixed. The next update 0.1.1 should have this fixed as well as some other fixes and enhancements. Just waiting for app catalog to make this available.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I am making an application called PREtracker and I am trying to include a timer in it. can you give me some advice on how to make a timer. I think I should be using the getSystemTime method but I can't really figure it out.

thanks in advance
  7.    #67  
    this is a good start

Javascript Tutorial - Date

basically, new Date object and then you can get the time values off of that object.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Hey. The link to your blog, for me, doesn't work.
    Is it just me?
    It says "Blog not found"

Thanks for the APP by the way!
    Last edited by Kedar; 07/20/2009 at 06:28 PM.
  9.    #69  
    oops, needed to update that link. here Six Crackers In a Minute
    Great app, this will come in handy at the track for time attack.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    this is a good start

Javascript Tutorial - Date

basically, new Date object and then you can get the time values off of that object.
    yep, it worked! thanks
    wow love the app icon, and love the app, thnks for developing it
    Great application!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thanks, this will come in handy. Is there a way for us to get the dark background?
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyman View Post
    Thanks, this will come in handy. Is there a way for us to get the dark background?
    when the app becomes available on app store, you should be able to get that. anyone doesn't like the dark background? (see blog on first thread entry to see screenshots)
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    when the app becomes available on app store, you should be able to get that. anyone doesn't like the dark background? (see blog on first thread entry to see screenshots)
    is the app going to be free?
  17.    #77  
    the intent is that all of the core functionality will be free. that includes everything that is available now and the fixes. there will be some additional functionality that i figure maybe for $1-2. they're really just icing on the cake, and most people don't really need it. if people want to pay for those two features or if people just want to help contribute, then they can get those two bonus features.
  18.    #78  
    ok, so i have decided to go ahead and just release 0.1.2 on here so that every can help me test and see if there any more bugs that needs to be ironed out before it can go into the app store. enjoy.

I also added a poll to this thread to gauge what everyone thinks this app is worth to them. market research if you will. thanks for all the help guys.
    I think this is definitely a great app and the fact that there is a notification for when the timer is done is an awesome touch. However I don't think that a simple utility like this should be a paid app. If there had to be a price I wouldn't say more than a buck, easily. Just trying to be realistic here and not offensive in any way. Consider the iPhone has that leveling app which is free and arguable less useful than this but it is a reasonable comparison IMO.

e: The darker background from the blog page screenshots does look much better and more in line with the overall theme of the Pre. Very nice.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    I think this is definitely a great app and the fact that there is a notification for when the timer is done is an awesome touch. However I don't think that a simple utility like this should be a paid app. If there had to be a price I wouldn't say more than a buck, easily. Just trying to be realistic here and not offensive in any way. Consider the iPhone has that leveling app which is free and arguable less useful than this but it is a reasonable comparison IMO.

e: The darker background from the blog page screenshots does look much better and more in line with the overall theme of the Pre. Very nice.
    great feedback. this is what i'm trying to gauge whether people deem this utility even worth any money. note, the paid app probably will be the version that support emailing of lap times and saving of custom timers and custom alarm sounds. however, the version you're seeing now will remain free. so in a way, i was thinking of letting people pay for the extras stuff, but core functionality remains free.