Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Looks great. I love the added keyboard controls.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    thanks but i only see a delete option on ver 2.0...and not 1.8
    If your pre is rooted you can delete 1.8 by using
    ipkg remove com.danielfarina.tetris

He changed the name so it won't update the previous version which was called tetris. It also installed itself where the internal apps are which prevents it from being deleted through the orange click method. I noticed a lot of programs that I installed using ipkg would install there. Then I started using the prebrew software and now all the programs get installed in the right place and can be deleted.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I haven't even tried it yet, but I just donated $5. Keep up the great work!
    I'm trying to install this on my rooted pre, and I too get
    ipkg: invalid magic.

I'm using the link location from the pretris 2.0 post
    Attached Files
    File Type: ipk com.danielfarina.pretetris_2.0_all.ipk (97.7 KB, 355 views)

The command I'm trying is:
    ipkg-opt install http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...is_2.0_all.ipk

I've also tried wget to get the file then did an ipkg-opt install of the downloaded file, same error.

What is the proper method to install this package via command line?

Thanks
    Never mind, found that answer. Email it to yourself, then you'll have the location:

ipkg-opt install http://forums.precentral.net/spe_att...is_2.0_all.ipk
    Installing com.danielfarina.pretetris (2.0) to root...
    Configuring com.danielfarina.pretetris
    Successfully terminated.
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I love the addition of hardware key control. It definitely feels better, but it will just take getting used to. I would like to see customizable controls in the future as well as the implementation of a working high score board.

Great work so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Candles View Post
    Looks great. I love the added keyboard controls.
    Thanks, me too yesterday I was able to play a long game, its much better with hardware control.

Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    I really like playing this game but the lack of keyboard controls made it kind of hard to get used to. Now that you've included them I feel like its going to be much better. Can't wait to download 2.0 when I get home.
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by xImtc View Post
    I haven't even tried it yet, but I just donated $5. Keep up the great work!
    Thanks for donating xImtc, it would be nice if more donated and then I could stop working and focus on this 100%

Do you guys think they will accept this in the official catalog?
    I found that if you copy the new src to /var/urs/palm/applications then delete the old version. the lunasysmgr rescans the directory and finds all new applications

Any ways I love the new version. Took me a second to figure out the controls but I got it. It would be sweet if I could map the keys and choose to hide the on screen controls. Those things just get in the way imo.

Thanks again!
    Great app. I will defintely be getting this when i get home
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Just got a Pre and it still has 1.0.3 how can I install this? I emailed it to myself but it does not install it after clicking on the link.
    Do you guys think they will accept this in the official catalog?
    I would hope they'd accept it. It's certainly a sharp implementation in a short time. I haven't even started on my ideas.
    Do you guys think they will accept this in the official catalog?[/QUOTE]

I hope so you definitely have worked hard on it....

Also any idea when you may be able to get sounds in there?
    -Great Game Btw!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anish3232 View Post
    Just got a Pre and it still has 1.0.3 how can I install this? I emailed it to myself but it does not install it after clicking on the link.
    There are stickies at the top of the Homebrew forums to help assist you installing on your Pre.
    Nice!!! Now, if it can rotate both ways (2 keys), then it'd be perfect!
    Somehow I just knew that this app should and would be called Pretris. It just HAD to.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I don't know exactly how this would affect the playability of the game, but I think the original Tetris game had 10 columns rather than 12.
    The hardware keys make a difference.

Although it might be nice to offer the ability to change the mapping, stored in cookies or something. I would probably have picked different keys, but I know they would have been my own personal preference.
    I am getting consistently messed up with the down arrow being on the right side of the keyboard. Is there any way of putting it more near the bottom and in the center?

Also, Q should be move left and P should be move right. Much easier for two hands.
    Best app that I've seen for homebrew so far, thanks!
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    How about if you could choose your LEVEL.

Beginner 1 would be level 1 and maybe just stay there. So a dad could set if to beginner and give it to his little girl for her to play for quite a while without her becomming frustrated.

Internediate would be how the game works now but twice as long at each speed level. Right now just when I start to get the hang of it it goes high speed and I die. Make this the default? Maybe not make the speed 2 to speed 3 be so big a jump and especially reduce the jump from speed 3 to 4.

Advanced would be how the game works now

Expert would start at the speed from level 3 maybe. This way a really good player would not have to play through all of the "boring" levels to get to the interesting levels.

Simple answer is to download the newest version where this is fixed. Maybe as a thought only leave the last version up until the next version is tested. I am not sure people are understanding to pick the last version in the list. SO now just have V1.8 with V1.7 under it.

I also would like a little more room between the controls if possible.

Again, thank you for your amazing work.

- Craig

Craig, I'm currently working on this and its coming along great! I have learned a lot about the WebOS UI and I'm utilizing it for this feature. There will be a welcome screen before the game actually starts. Thanks for the great suggestion so that the litlegirl can play Beginner level. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mitchds View Post
    Best app that I've seen for homebrew so far, thanks!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    I am getting consistently messed up with the down arrow being on the right side of the keyboard. Is there any way of putting it more near the bottom and in the center?

Also, Q should be move left and P should be move right. Much easier for two hands.

Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    The hardware keys make a difference.

Although it might be nice to offer the ability to change the mapping, stored in cookies or something. I would probably have picked different keys, but I know they would have been my own personal preference.
    I will make it so people can choose their own controls in upcoming versions. Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    Nice!!! Now, if it can rotate both ways (2 keys), then it'd be perfect!
    I will add that to the todolist.
    Nice work... let me add to the chorus of thank you's!
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast