Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    The link within the app itself mentions something about downloading the app from the App Catalog in "two weeks." I hope that means that the App Catalog will move out out beta in mid-September ... and that BlockDrop will be available at that time, too.
    That "two week" lines up with when the app catalog will allow paid-for apps.
    Not sure if this bug was mentioned but was something I noticed:

While in a game, if you open Preferences from the top
    1. The game doesn't pause
    2. If you sit in the Preferences screen for a couple seconds then come back the game, a block gets stuck at the top of the screen
    Just a quick typo, in the difficulty selection screen, it's spelled dificulty in the header.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Dan,

I dunno if you remember my name but I've been giving you feedback since Pretris 1.3.

Some suggestions for Blockdrop 0.4.5:
    -The choose difficulty screen says "Blockdrop Dificulty" (should be Difficulty)r
    -I don't know if you can fix this, but right when the game launches, and the tetrominoes in the background are scrolling by on the homescreen, in the top left it still says "Launcher" as the app name. After the scrolling effect stops, then the name changes to "Blockdrop"
    -Once starting a new game, the screen flashes gray and the pieces are bland looking. I don't know if you wanted this or not, but I'm guessing not.

Hope this helps.
    ?? i donated over a week ago and tried to download from the link on first page and it did not work. No response from Daniel either.
  6.    #606  
    Please download the latest version from precentral. No need to donate.

The latest version includes the following updates:

• Added daily, weekly and monthly and all-time high scores stats.
    • Added a default message when the score list is empty.
    • Added last row in score list.
    • Improved scoring points
    • Fixed version number on logo and support page
    • Improved some graphics.
    • Compressed all javascript.
    • Removed expiration date (I forgot to remove it from 1.0.1)
    • A lot of testing was preformed on this version to make sure everything is working correctly.
    • Updated description of game on the submission page.
    • Changed default app icon.

• Reduced size. New size = 1.5MB instead of 1.8MB
    • Global scores: Fixed some of the UI/graphics and improved download speed of the XML feed.
    • Updated credit's page
    • Updated background and pause image.
    • Removed some unused files.

• reduced size by almost 1,000KB. New size = 1.8MB instead of 2.8MB
    • Added scene to choose between "Global scores" and "My scores"
    • added ability to save scores online and compare scores with other people
    • added online scores for each level
    • Added lines completed, time played, date and points on highscores
    • Made a new logo
    • added instructions button to the welcome scene
    • Redesigned the GUI for the welcome scene and New scenes
    • made a new pause graphic and a new bk2 graphic.

• reduced size by almost 1,000KB. New size = 1.8MB instead of 2.8MB
    • Added scene to choose between "Global scores" and "My scores"
    • added ability to save scores online and compare scores with other people
    • added online scores for each level
    • Added lines completed, time played, date and points on highscores
    • Made a new logo
    • added instructions button to the welcome scene
    • Redesigned the GUI for the welcome scene and New scenes
    • made a new pause graphic and a new bk2 graphic.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Very good application. Definitely worth money when it hits the official app catalog.

1. The "drop" should be an instant drop.
    2. Launching the app still shows "Launcher" at the top, and tapping this button does nothing until the background animation is complete.
    3. Have the option to turn on block-preview, where it shows a shadow of the block as it is falling.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    v1.0.3

Love the game, and your rendition of it is awesome. I'd vote against "instant drop", at least leave that as a preference, but the block-preview would be a nice touch (although your nice gridlines make that fairly unnecessary).

One very slight bug report I noticed while playing some this morning. I dropped a block and before it hit the bottom, I minimized the screen. It kept playing, so I tapped the screen to bring it back to maximized. The game then paused. So I went to preferences, and back-swiped, and the block (it was a square block) lost its bottom two squares. This is easily repeatable - every time, the only variance I've seen is what squares disappear from the piece, and where the piece ends up stopping (normally halfway down the screen).

Again, very minor and rare, just thought you'd want to know about it.

As for the "Launcher" showing at the top, I believe this is just caused by BlockDrop using 100% of the CPU for the background animation, and the GUI doesn't have a chance to update the app menu text.
    Great game, and nice improvements lately!

One feature request: Some way to better deal with "interruptions" during a game, say, when a call comes in, or an alarm goes off. Maybe the game could instantly freeze and/or minimize to a card, perhaps with a quick warning message so the player would know what's happening.

There are two issues at such a time -- first, obviously we don't want to blow that awesome, once-in-a-lifetime high score. And, secondly, we may accidentally answer the wrong call, or not answer the right call in our game-induced altered state.

In general, upon restart of a paused game, and just after the screen is re-maximized, how about a visual 3-2-1 countdown?

Regards,
    Tom
  10.    #610  
    Thank you guys. I'm impressed with the number of people playing the game and submitting high-scores. I will be have an update by the end of the month.

Thank you for the great feedback.

Dan
    is there some kind of timer that you put in there that replaces the screen with a full screen blockdrop logo? Its driving me nuts now, I can't play for more than a couple of minutes :/
  12.    #612  
    Sorry about that, it has been fixed.

Dan
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Not that I mind paying, but do previous donators get any kind of discounted update to the app catalog app? Not sure if there's any easy way to do it, but thought I'd ask, since I know several people believed in the app and contributed early on...

As a second question, why is there no option for on screen controls any more? I kinda of liked having the option, since sometimes the gestures to rotate get tricky. The demo in the app store of the other game had a good idea to rotate on a tap...maybe as an option?
    Quote Originally Posted by CruiSin View Post
    Not that I mind paying, but do previous donators get any kind of discounted update to the app catalog app? Not sure if there's any easy way to do it, but thought I'd ask, since I know several people believed in the app and contributed early on...

I was going to ask the same thing. I donated back when it was version 0.3.0 or something
    I was wondering if anyone had a copy of 1.0.3 still? I don't have access to the App Catalog as I'm stuck using the Emulator for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by eisnerguy1 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had a copy of 1.0.3 still? I don't have access to the App Catalog as I'm stuck using the Emulator for now.
    I don't think it will matter. I have 1.0.3 on my Pre and I get a message saying "app available in the app catalog please download new version from there".

Hard to do since it has been pulled from Palm's App Catalog.

I would still like to know what happens with us who donated. Are we stuck w/ a game we can't play, or now re-download? Are we stuck paying more money for this app?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I don't think it will matter. I have 1.0.3 on my Pre and I get a message saying "app available in the app catalog please download new version from there".

I get the same message. Anyone know what the deal is? I'll buy it if it shows back up in the official app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post

I would still like to know what happens with us who donated. Are we stuck w/ a game we can't play, or now re-download? Are we stuck paying more money for this app?
    Same ? here, Donated a long time ago..
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    Same ? here, Donated a long time ago..
    I donated a while ago as well. Can't even download an older version from the old website
    why isnt it in the app catalog anymore