Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233 LastLast
  1.    #581  
    Version 0.4.1 Released.

• Improved gestures (They are more responsive now)
    • Redesigned the 'how to play' page with detailed instructions about how to play the game with keyboard and gestures
    • Fixed the add score form so that it is highlighted.
    • Changed the theme to the dark style
    • Corrected some coding errors and inconsistencies in the game options men.
    • Onscreen buttons are turned off by default now if you never had blockdrop before.
    • Added stoplistening events to prevent memory leaks.
    • Cleaned up the code little more.

If you had problems with previous versions, try installing this latest update.
    Shoudn't the music pause when the game pauses? I noticed this in 0.3.8, and just confirmed it in 0.4.1.

Otherwise, very good playability. I really appreciate the reprogrammable keys.

Regards,
    Tom
    You made an amazing app. I am addicted to it now.. I guess it shows when I spent about 40 minutes playing it to get it to 1044367... My previous high score was just over 300000...

This game is addicting and I must say I am very impressed and will be buying it when it comes to the app catalog through Palm. Thanks for the great app..

I have attached the screenshots.. I guess I just got lazy in the last few seconds of the game..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Unbelievable-looking app, and thanks so much for all your hard work. For some reason, though, I'm getting an Install Error when trying to install from FileCoaster--is it a donation issue, or are things just really busy today since the front-page mention on PreCentral?
    For the record, this is MUCH better than the crappy Tetris demo EA has in the App Catalog.
    Just wanted to drop by to say this is a great app. Good job! I think the best part is being able to map the keys the way you like them, or optionally use touchscreen controls.

I have a question though related to the inclusion of your app in the app catalog. I was always under the impression that companies had to license the rights to sell Tetris. Do you think it'll be an issue for you to sell BlockDrop in the app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    For the record, this is MUCH better than the crappy Tetris demo EA has in the App Catalog.
    Boy that is correct except BlockDrop is MUCH MUCH better.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Boy that is correct except BlockDrop is MUCH MUCH better.
    Thank you guys, We will make it even better. A little competition from the biggest gaming company in the world will help us make this app even better. . It will just take some time. We are releasing a new update soon.

Dan
    i just downloaded it and it says that it is expired. Do I have to wait till the next update in order to try this great game?
    I am getting the expired notice now too, as of this morning. I have been playing for about two weeks now, and all of a sudden I can't feed my addiction.

Tried re-downloading via file coaster, same problem.

This is a phenomenal game, I NEED my fix!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schep View Post
    I am getting the expired notice now too, as of this morning. I have been playing for about two weeks now, and all of a sudden I can't feed my addiction.

I'm having the same issue. Is this an error?
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by schep View Post

Yeah, I'm quite disappointed to see this screen, especially after donating. This is my most used homebrew app, what am I gonna do while I'm taking a crap now?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just deleted it and reinstalled 0.4.1 through Preware and got the same "expired" message.

I also donated a few weeks ago.....
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    The link within the app itself mentions something about downloading the app from the App Catalog in "two weeks." I hope that means that the App Catalog will move out out beta in mid-September ... and that BlockDrop will be available at that time, too.
    Rob Robinson
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    The link within the app itself mentions something about downloading the app from the App Catalog in "two weeks." I hope that means that the App Catalog will move out out beta in mid-September ... and that BlockDrop will be available at that time, too.
    No it doesn't, it says "donwload"
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    No it doesn't, it says "donwload"
    Nice. Good point.
    Rob Robinson
  17.    #597  
    Hello guys,
    I'm uploading an updated version with many fixes tonight or tomottor morning. I though I would have it out by this time but it took us a little longer as I'm working on other game soon to be released. Thank you for the support.

Dan
  18.    #598  
    BlockDrop 0.4.5 - Updated

If you have an expired BlockDrop. Please download the latest version with the following updates.

• Extended
    • Changed graphics from the game scene.
    • Removed expiration date since this version is the one for the e-commerce catalog.
    • Drop fall is faster.
    • Cleaned up code to speed up the game processing.
    • Music will pause after the game is paused.
    • Removed on screen controls.
    • Onlaunch: Removed welcome dialog.
    • Main menu: Removed "support" item
    • Main menu: Changed "Play game" to "New game"
    • App menu: added "Preferences" item to all scenes.
    • App menu: Enabled help on all scenes.
    • How to play: Changed to floating header instead of the fixed header.
    • Game Options:
    • Changed title of scene to "Preferences" to match the button that launches it.
    • Changed the text ON/OFF to white.
    • Changed to floating header instead of the fixed header.
    • Defaul controls dialog: Changed "Yes" button to "Use Default Controls”
    • Reset Scores dialog: Changed "Yes" button to "Delete All Scores”.
    • Game: After pressing the “New Game”button during the game, a dialog asking if the user really wants to quit the current appears. If the user confirms to quit, then the difficulty selection screen appears.
    • Add New score: Change the dialog title from “AddNew Score” to Add My Score”
    • Add new score : Changed Focus in the text input field to default.
    • Tap To begin: Removed as suggested by Palm'S UI Review.
    • Added confirmation before user exits the game with back gesture.

Enjoy
    So why was the previous version disabled? It seems more logical to just let it run instead of expiring it. At least, if there is ever a plan to require payment for the game, the ability to shut it off and require upgrades is a dealbreaker.
    Awesome update, performance is great, love the blockdrop logo behind the game board, and the dark buttons to choose difficulty. This tetris clone pwns the one EA released in the official app catalog in every way possible.