Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I got this app after making a donation on the developer's website. Glad I did. Well worth the donation. Looks great (one of the best looking HomeBrew apps in my opinion) and gameplay is flawless. Currently "blockdrop" is my Pre time-waster of choice! Thanks and good work!
  2.    #522  
    Another day yet another big update

0.3.7 Fixed/Added the following features

• Added confirmation box to the "reset scores" button in in the high-scores page.
    • Fixed high scores page reset button. Scene will refresh after button is submitted.
    • Changed default settings: Screen controls = On.
    • Touchscreen controls work always, even if they are OFF.. They will just be invisible but still working.
    • Adding "Load default settings" button in the options page.
    • Added graphics next to each of the controls in the settings page.
    • Moved left and right controls to the top in the settings page.
    • Settings page auto re fresh after setting default game controls.
    • Removed touchscreen controls. They were replaced by new controls
    • Added touchscreen controls (working on it)
    • Added Clockwise Rotation
    • Add controls as gestures on the screen:
      1. o tap left 1/3 of screen = left
      2. o tap right 1/3 or screen = right
      3. o tap center 1/3 of screen = down 1 space
      4. o gesture down in center 1/3 of screen = drop
      5. o tap up on right 1/3 of screen = rotate ccw
      6. o tap up on left 1/3 of screen = rotate cw
    • Shake device while playing to make touchscreen buttons almost invisible
    • Added flick gesture. When user flicks, the block will drop fast.
    • Changed scores table depending on difficulty level. The harder = the more points you get.
    • Added filecoaster link for updates

Download updates
    ======================================================
    People that have donated before can download the latest version from this link.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    I got this app after making a donation on the developer's website. Glad I did. Well worth the donation. Looks great (one of the best looking HomeBrew apps in my opinion) and gameplay is flawless. Currently "blockdrop" is my Pre time-waster of choice! Thanks and good work!

Thank you for your kind words.
    Thanks for the update!! Thanks for the filecoaser link as well I updated with file coaster just fine. With the excepetion of my 'move down' keys do not work any more. Any one else have this problem?

Love the gesture idea. I would prefer if I could swipe to the left or right to move left or right. Swipe down or up to drop. The home key could become the manual drop. The tap on the left or right to rotate is perfect.

One small thing. That is a sweet backdrop animation on the first scene. It stops animating when coming out of settings though.

This is a great update though!!

Edit:Oo I just thought of something. If when I swipe down to throw the piece down. Make sure I can still control it. Say if I tap it will stop it from falling. Or at the last momment I could throw it under another piece.

Sorry got carried away...
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Thanks for the update!! Thanks for the filecoaser link as well I updated with file coaster just fine. With the excepetion of my 'move down' keys do not work any more. Any one else have this problem?

Love the gesture idea. I would prefer if I could swipe to the left or right to move left or right. Swipe down or up to drop. The home key could become the manual drop. The tap on the left or right to rotate is perfect.

One small thing. That is a sweet backdrop animation on the first scene. It stops animating when coming out of settings though.

This is a great update though!!
    You should d a soft reset if the down key is not working. Also go to settings and make sure they are setup to the ones that you like.

I'm going to work more on the gestures. The SDK is a little limited when it comes to that.

The backdrop animation stops so there is less processing and lag.

Thank you for your feedback.. Im going to work on 0.3.8 now.

Ps: Im attending the Washington DC / Baltimore preDevCamp. Who else is attending?

Dan
    Ya I tried the soft reset and looking at the keys. I set them to back to default too.
    I tried deleting and reinstalling. I also set the keys custom again. All the other keys work fine except the move down 1 and move down 2.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work on this App! You are a genius Dan. I was very surprised by the frequency of these updates. I was particularly surprised by this update, as it was not long ago that these screen controls were mentioned. Yes, they are slightly limited now, but that's fine. I hope to see this in the official app store soon.

By the way, when that time comes (that you are in the official app store), will we be required to purchase the app again? I have no problem supporting development of this calibre, I just am curious. I assume that this will be a pay app. Thank you again.
    Ya I tried the soft reset and looking at the keys. I set them to back to default too.
    I tried deleting and reinstalling. I also set the keys custom again. All the other keys work fine except the move down 1 and move down 2.
    I just tried deleting the directory with rm -rf and copying the source to the applications dir like I used to and that still didn't work.

I did notice that after reinstalling that my custom keys was kept in memory somewhere looks like a cookie. I tried deleting the controls cookie then reinstalling, no go.
    Sorry if this is a silly question..

Is there a suggested donation amount? it's tough to put a 'price' on an app you haven't used yet

Edit: Grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    Sorry if this is a silly question..

Is there a suggested donation amount? it's tough to put a 'price' on an app you haven't used yet

Edit: Grammar

it seems most give 5, but that isnt a hard fast rule.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Better and better. Only suggestion

+Made the grid for the blocks lighter (Bring back the brighter lines.) or have and option for them Off, on light, on bright.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hey Dan,
    downloaded and have been playing the new 3.7..... bad A S S!!!! looks great. i only noticed a few things.
    1) on the game screen you have the drop arrow in the middle of the screen. i noticed theres another arrow right below it (barley visable) they both work. im guessing you only wanted 1 arrow there.
    2) the down arrow at the bottom (right above the gesture area) im guessing is to speed up the 1 line at a time, right? that button does not work. i press it and the block drops the same. it should drop 1 line at a time as fast as u tap it, right?
    3) if you slide your finger in any direction anywhere on the screen the brick will fall fast, was that your intention? If so its a cool idea, but then you could probably get rid of the fast drop arrow in the middle of the screen.
    4) and when you select new game you go to the difficulty screen which is perfect, but after you select your difficulty level it brings you to the ready to play screen. should'nt it go right to the game? I like the "ready" to play screen at the start of the game, but dont think you need to go to it every time you start a new game after you lose.

just my 2 cents...... otherwise kick A S S!
    The Wams
    I tried out this when was still prtris and decided to donate so I could try the new version. Its been almost 8 hours and I haven't received the link. Never had any issues w/my paypal address before. I emailed per instructions and pm'd and no response. Anyone else had this happen?
    It was the middle of the night, but I thought once you donated, it was an automated process?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstardjal View Post
    I tried out this when was still prtris and decided to donate so I could try the new version. Its been almost 8 hours and I haven't received the link. Never had any issues w/my paypal address before. I emailed per instructions and pm'd and no response. Anyone else had this happen?
    It was the middle of the night, but I thought once you donated, it was an automated process?
    Click The links in elchileno's signature.
    Click The links in elchileno's signature.
    Already tried that w/no luck. Entered my email, then tried condfimation number. Nothing worked. I guess I'll try again.
    Nevermind. He added my email, and sent me a link.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks to elchileno.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I donated last night and still can't get the game. tried email and confirmation link.
    @elchileno Ummm I emailed you the other day but I haven't gotten a reply. It seems people already got the newest update.
  18.    #539  
    I added the donors form yesterday to the update page:

Click here >>> Home of BlockDrop for Palm WebOS:

Gollyzilla, email me and I will add you there as well.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work on this App! You are a genius Dan. I was very surprised by the frequency of these updates. I was particularly surprised by this update, as it was not long ago that these screen controls were mentioned. Yes, they are slightly limited now, but that's fine. I hope to see this in the official app store soon.

By the way, when that time comes (that you are in the official app store), will we be required to purchase the app again? I have no problem supporting development of this calibre, I just am curious. I assume that this will be a pay app. Thank you again.
    I'm planning to send it for free to the donors, since its not that many people I think Palm will be ok with that. But I will have to confirm with them. We didn't talk about the ceommerce part yet since they are still working on it.

I just tried deleting the directory with rm -rf and copying the source to the applications dir like I used to and that still didn't work.

I did notice that after reinstalling that my custom keys was kept in memory somewhere looks like a cookie. I tried deleting the controls cookie then reinstalling, no go.
    So the keys are still not working for you? Thats strange. .you are the only case with this issue. Yes the are stored in cookies, could you try deleting yours browser cookies maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by eisnerguy1 View Post
    Wow, this looks like an awesome app! Just donated some
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Better and better. Only suggestion

+Made the grid for the blocks lighter (Bring back the brighter lines.) or have and option for them Off, on light, on bright.
    Great idea, I will add a option to turn them on/off

Quote Originally Posted by WAMS View Post
    Hey Dan,
    downloaded and have been playing the new 3.7..... bad A S S!!!! looks great. i only noticed a few things.
    1) on the game screen you have the drop arrow in the middle of the screen. i noticed theres another arrow right below it (barley visable) they both work. im guessing you only wanted 1 arrow there.
    2) the down arrow at the bottom (right above the gesture area) im guessing is to speed up the 1 line at a time, right? that button does not work. i press it and the block drops the same. it should drop 1 line at a time as fast as u tap it, right?
    3) if you slide your finger in any direction anywhere on the screen the brick will fall fast, was that your intention? If so its a cool idea, but then you could probably get rid of the fast drop arrow in the middle of the screen.
    4) and when you select new game you go to the difficulty screen which is perfect, but after you select your difficulty level it brings you to the ready to play screen. should'nt it go right to the game? I like the "ready" to play screen at the start of the game, but dont think you need to go to it every time you start a new game after you lose.

just my 2 cents...... otherwise kick A S S!
    Great feedback. Thank you a lot. I will take care of this issues in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    I donated last night and still can't get the game. tried email and confirmation link.
    I think you got it now. Please confirm . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    @elchileno Ummm I emailed you the other day but I haven't gotten a reply. It seems people already got the newest update.
    Please email me if I didn't reply to you yet. Sometimes its hard to keep up with all the emails but I do my best.

''

psss...Im releasing a new game today or tomorrow. Its simple but fun.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    That download link is still not working for me elchileno. I tried my confirmation number and my email address...still a no go. Could you just email the download link perhaps?